Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iakona
Jan 24, 2006

Crucify me. Most of tool's songs are boring poo poo, but I love me some APC. I hope I can see them live before that lazy fucker retires, and just makes wine that no one drinks for the rest of his life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Thanks for the hot take be sure to like comment and subscribe

Iakona
Jan 24, 2006

ScrubLeague posted:

Thanks for the hot take be sure to like comment and subscribe

Should I link my youtube, twitter, or twitch? So many options.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
puscifer is best.

GewuerzKahn
Jan 7, 2014

My opposable nipples are hurting me.
I like the one nice music video with hot womans in bikini.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Radiohead > APC.

ninotoreS
Aug 20, 2009

Thanks for the input, Jeff!
tool, APC, puscifer, radiohead... guess what all these things have in common

they're all good

edit: oh, and snobbish fans

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
important circa-2001 opinions itt

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial
wrong and it will never happen. We'd be lucky with a new album from tool which will prob never happen either . Also their albums have increased in quality with 10k days being their most complete album. Aenima is not that a great of an album, but fan boys just like the final track.

e

drunk dog fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Mar 12, 2016

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Let's start a war, op.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYRldZsVO9I

:colbert:

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Tool is much better than APC. Tool songs are "boring poo poo" only if you can't hear stuff like poly rhythms. I tried to come up with the least smug way to say that but I don't have all day so that has to do.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
http://youtu.be/R2F_hGwD26g

dream away

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
yeah but everything they ever do will always pale in comparison to pet sounds

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

tetsuo posted:

Yeah man I recorded my dog screaming in agony the other day. That is absolutely better than everything else.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

tetsuo posted:

Jan and Dean are better :colbert:

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial

Zombie Boat posted:

Yeah man I recorded my dog screaming in agony the other day. That is absolutely better than everything else.

may i inquire as to the source of your dog's agony? asking for a friend afaf

supernatural blonde
Mar 15, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Look at the OP being wrong.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
are we discounting Emotive, because we should do that

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
maynord james keynord has a whiney pissy voice and i wish he'd never sing again ever

"abloooo blah blah BL:AAAAH blah bla bleeEEEEEEee blooOOoOooOOOOOOO blee blaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaa bllaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!" -- maynerd keynerd

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Controversial opinion: Tool sucks and most bands are better than Tool. If you like Tool you probably have lovely taste in not only music but also life decisions.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I had a good friend in high school who really liked Tool, he had some very bizarre anger issues and was possibly a sociopath

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

post a good perfect circle song

tool

is

cool

LowPartz
Dec 23, 2015
Wings are better than the Beatles

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8s3fSE5j8o

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

LowPartz posted:

Wings are better than the Beatles

Dunno about that but the Stones, Clash and Who are for sure better than anything Lennon ever had a hand in

polio king
Jun 19, 2004

Windows 98 posted:

Controversial opinion: Tool sucks and most bands are better than Tool. If you like Tool you probably have lovely taste in not only music but also life decisions.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE

drunk dog posted:

wrong and it will never happen. We'd be lucky with a new album from tool which will prob never happen either . Also their albums have increased in quality with 10k days being their most complete album. Aenima is not that a great of an album, but fan boys just like the final track.

e

A new album has been confirmed to be in the works. Now if it'll be finished before 2020 is another story.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I don't know what music kids today listen to. So I'll stick with the oldies like ministry and my life with the thrill kill kult.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
music these days is just a bunch of people going bang bang bang beep twangangangang on a bunch of poo poo. nothing like my old drum circle

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If you take the plastic disc holder out of the cd case there's a picture of a cow licking its own butt behind it. P cool.

maybeyoucandie
Mar 12, 2016

by Lowtax
it's important to grow out of these bands when ur a teenager so u can show them to ur gfs when ur older and watch them sperg out

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
This is the most early 2000's opinion ever.

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

That's a really weird way to spell "Anime".

Bombtrack
Dec 2, 2001

Grimey Drawer
They didn't even play Lateralus this past tour :wtf:

(sick set list otherwise though)

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

I liked APC better as well OP, but it was mostly because the original bassist was pretty cute and all the Tool dudes were weirdos.

Booblord Zagats posted:

I had a good friend in high school who really liked Tool, he had some very bizarre anger issues and was possibly a sociopath

Yes that is my experience with Tool fans as well. One of my Tool fan friends was definitely not a sociopath but he's a burnout living in Santa Barbara who drinks opium tea now so I dunno if it's a whole lot better.

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
Nah, tool is way better

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
10000 days was the only good tool album, better than all of apcs stuff, but apc better than the rest of tools catalog. puscifers parole album was good, the other ones kinda unremarkeable

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Windows 98 posted:

this isn't controversial, it's correct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Two lovely bands for complete idiots.

• Locked thread