Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Convoolio
Oct 31, 2005

polyrythms are good for denoting the bad parts of songs or albums. also for recognizing bad bands or musicians. it is useful for deciding which people's music recommendations to ignore when they admit to liking a band because of their complex polyrythms. musically polyrythms are used to make the 4/4 parts of a song or album sound better than they are by exploiting the listener's feeling of relief when the polyrythmic part ends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
middle school was an awkward time

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
hating something doesn't make you any better or worse than liking it

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I like both bands plus Puscifer although that APC album with all the peace songs was junk and just the band getting out of a contract

also the Tool guys are boring as gently caress to listen to in interviews, they can't articulate anything, esp Maynard. how anyone listens to these guys other than their music is beyond me

edit: also worth noting is how Tool/APC seems to burn out quickly with ideas and take forever between albums because they work hard and know what's good but aren't great musicians, unlike other good bands like Radiohead/Arcade Fire that dish out out good records rapidly

Mokelumne Trekka fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Mar 13, 2016

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

thirteenth step was good

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
*wont put music up for streaming cause it dilutes it if you don't have stupid rear end German cookie recipes or screeching electricity between tracks*

*allows radios to play edited tracks out of context*

*makes wine that tastes like piss*

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
There are arguably good reasons to not feed into the royalty nightmare of streaming music. Artistic ones are not among them

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
anyone who likes tool ...................

.............. is one :grin:

Bombtrack
Dec 2, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Remember the live DVD Tool was supposed to put out :lol:

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe
Remember when Tool used to release albums but instead decide to take each other to court.

Jerry Steinfeld
Dec 25, 2012
Undertow shits on everything billy "I wanna be billy corgan" howerdel ever did

you know what shits on undertow? At Action Park by Shellac

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Convoolio posted:

polyrythms are good for denoting the bad parts of songs or albums. also for recognizing bad bands or musicians. it is useful for deciding which people's music recommendations to ignore when they admit to liking a band because of their complex polyrythms. musically polyrythms are used to make the 4/4 parts of a song or album sound better than they are by exploiting the listener's feeling of relief when the polyrythmic part ends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF0lVn3n12I

Best part of the song? 3:57. Polyrythm on drums. Also the talk box solo is about the best thing I've ever heard but I'm also dumb tool fan.

• Locked thread