Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

rhombus posted:

I didn't see these guys when I was there in December. I really loved Tokyo for it's lack of scams/touts/hawkers. It was the first major international city I visited where I felt really safe and didn't worry about being harassed.

I'm not sure if it's a scam but around Asakusa there are still people collecting money for the 2011 earthquake. When I was there with two visiting friends they asked them for cash but they looked kind of dodgy and it seemed like they were only going after tourists. They might also have been from some horrible cult or something using the earthquake as a pretext to raise money mostly for themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread