Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Probably one of the biggest drawbacks for making 3D Printers is that people who buy them can just maker their own 3D Printers.

So if you buy one 3D Printer you can just print more 3D Printers and give them to all your family and friends.

I bet the 3D Printing companies haven't even thought of this downside yet, but it's real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Because they can't print anything as small as a life size model of your dick OP

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
The real reason is that after the novelty of printing little trinkets and crap off thingiverse wears off, you realize that the only purpose of the 3d printer is to print parts to make more 3d printers.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
my 3d printer is stuck out of time...

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Because hot and dirty plastic thats hosed out of a 30¢ tube is a perfect replacement for stainless steel and aluminum stock. Yeah let me 3d print a car and hope it doesnt explode into Lego's when I hit a speed bump. Death to 3d printers.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

3d printers will never become mainstream because they are another example of an expensive toy created for the express purpose of being a somewhat novel distraction for the late-twenties IT job working male to play around with while the 1% slowly phases the middle class out of existence

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
3D printers will never become mainstream because everything they print has that weird knobbly texture to it.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
seriouspost: the plastic rolls cost $50 each so you end up making super-expensive cheap crap

Aug 4, 2010

can you use 3d printer to make food

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

www posted:

If you have food already.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

www posted:

yeah the astronauts did it in space

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
it seems like the number of things you can make for profit is a tiny number of things

everything either looks like poo poo, or if you fill a niche and finally have a good idea (cell phone covers, parts to stuff that aren't made anymore)

only to realize 10,000 other 3d printer companies already sell those things we finally took back from china

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

additive manufacturing is viable but only at scale. 3d printing is the equivalent of a 90s dad making furniture in his basement.

wiley e. sheep
Feb 15, 2016

by zen death robot
your mom didnt think of the downside to having sex till you were born, op. hth

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Can someone 3d print me a 3d printer

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i 3d printed a make america great again hat but it has a weird texture like the bumps on my dogs niples, and exists outside of time

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

Orkin Mang posted:

i 3d printed a make america great again hat but it has a weird texture like the bumps on my dogs niples, and exists outside of time

I think dread Cthulhu would be down with the Donald.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Please read the rules

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I'm completely surprised this is not about dildos.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I have a 3d printer and yeah I haven't done anything useful with it, still kind of fun though and when people come over to your place they know you are a serious nerd and not just playing around

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
If you 3D print yourself, is it still "you" that steps out of the printer?

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

im going to 3d print a fart into your mouth, op

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Probably one of the biggest drawbacks for making 3D Printers is that people who buy them can just maker their own 3D Printers.

So if you buy one 3D Printer you can just print more 3D Printers and give them to all your family and friends.

I bet the 3D Printing companies haven't even thought of this downside yet, but it's real.

Why do this? WHen you can print money to buy 3d printers with and buy them? Less effort.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Suck my d1ck kneegull

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
Pros of 3D printers becoming mainstream:

this could be printed

think of it

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

ShaqDiesel posted:

I think dread Cthulhu would be down with the Donald.

Cthulhu's a bitch, and NyralethoTrump is gonna build a wall around him.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
im sort of mulling the idea over of buying some flexable filament and printing my own fleshlights

its so i can gently caress them fyi

Skypizza
Dec 19, 2015

Geek
3D printers have some really cool advantages in certain niches, only if you know where and how often to use this awesome technology. I am majoring Architecture and the other day a graduate brought his 3D printing gadgets and wowed the masses with the poo poo he could do with it. While the rest of us peasant broke rear end fuckers make models manually cutting cardboards with our hands, that rich fucker is printing little Taj Mahals and poo poo.

3D printers are for insecure showoffs.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

amityville anus posted:

Because hot and dirty plastic thats hosed out of a 30¢ tube is a perfect replacement for stainless steel and aluminum stock. Yeah let me 3d print a car and hope it doesnt explode into Lego's when I hit a speed bump. Death to 3d printers.

this is basically true but i shot a man with a custom 3d printed gun and nobodys caught me yet. im a cool like lone wolf assassin irl

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

bring back old gbs posted:

this is basically true but i shot a man with a custom 3d printed gun and nobodys caught me yet. im a cool like lone wolf assassin irl

better use a pocket knife and put a notch in the side, you have two shots left max until you are covered in lead and plastic

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

extra stout posted:

better use a pocket knife and put a notch in the side, you have two shots left max until you are covered in lead and plastic

i ..dont dicsuss my methods.......... but...... i never need a 2nd shot

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

If one of these printers becomes self-aware it's all over.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

im sort of mulling the idea over of buying some flexable filament and printing my own fleshlights

its so i can gently caress them fyi

It's not soft enough for that, it just makes things that are kinda springy. You could probably make a decent dildo out of it if you like it up the rear end though.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Devils Affricate posted:

It's not soft enough for that, it just makes things that are kinda springy. You could probably make a decent dildo out of it if you like it up the rear end though.

even single layer ninjaflex printed in vase mode? yeah im thinkin out of the box here pun intended

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
*trump hat perdures* useless!!

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Lol that the only perspective here is making baubles that resemble your favorite anime characters.

Rapid prototyping.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

3d printing my butt

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

you fool, everyone knows you use fruit rollups instead of plastic for making guns. That way you can eat the evidence.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Is it gay if you 3d print your own butt thwn have sex with a man?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Isaac posted:

Is it gay if you 3d print your own butt thwn have sex with a man?

i hope niot

• Locked thread