Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JUICY HAMBUGAR
Nov 10, 2010

Eating, America's pastime.
The makeup she was getting made her skin look green because it was made for white women's reddened skin, green somewhat neutralizes that redness. For people who don't have red coloration on their skin you'd just start to look sick or alien.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

phosdex posted:

What was the Korean woman's story about green foundation? I don't know anything about makeup.

White person foundations are generally on a sliding scale of pink to slightly yellow, from very light to slightly tan. If your skin tone isn't matched by something in there, it can look really terrible.

Edit: There are more colors available today, based on your location and the local population. Trying to counteract a pink foundation by laying greenish concealer on top of everything is a sign that they didn't consider a non white person market. Mary Kay makes her feel welcomed as an American. :3:

Maera Sior fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Apr 1, 2016

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Good to see Mail Robot again.

The Pepper Dance was awesome.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Dammit Liz people use that phone and you're infected with an apocalypse level plague disease.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

DarklyDreaming posted:

Dammit Liz people use that phone and you're infected with an apocalypse level plague disease.

Looks like they got it covered

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Dylan Baker's fastidiousness is wonderful.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
Henry stop being such a goon. You're something like 15 years too early.

e: I like that the show acknowledges that Henry is completely ignored by his parents.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Paige doesn't want to be alone with Stan because she's afraid she'll break down and snitch on her parents.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Paige is really good.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Brutal honesty

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Stan is gonna owe that poor bastard sooo many favors for ordering him to go on the most awkward date ever

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

"I'm seeing someone, he's married" :laffo:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Hahahaha callback to that time they tried tantric sex.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

The kamasutra makes a triumphant return

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

How the gently caress did Tyrant get a third season?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Paige having a total breakdown and Henry being a colossal goon

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Family Fun Night

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Zero One posted:

Family Fun Night

I don't think there's been a genuine moment like that since the cone scene in the pilot.

e: Is Oleg off the show then?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Paige and Liz sharing a joke about being a soviet spy is some kind of surreal

And Nina was just dreaming :smith:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I would say that qualifies as shortly

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

You'd think that they would have better places to do that.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Oleg is gonna be pissed

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

:stare: :stare: :stare:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

At first, I thought they'd just pistol-whipped her to prevent her from resisting. Then..."Oh...".

Too little too late, or did Oleg's dad double cross him?

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

I audibly gasped. Holy poo poo, Oleg is gonna raise hell, right?

Right?

:ohdear:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Weird coincidences, both shows I watch on Wednesday (this and Arrow) killed a prominent female character tonight, I'll let you guess which one did it better.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

How is Nina still useful? Martha I can understand because she is still in a well placed position and can be used, albeit it is super risky. Nina's plot is completely disconnected from everything and terrible.

I guess they answered your question.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Holy poo poo they pulled an Adriana. Well done show

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Haahahaha Nina :commissar:

I wonder if Oleg even finds out. I mean it's not like he made it a condition with his dad that she gets released then comes live with him. I bet his dad had her killed and will just lie to him and say yea she's fine.

also Liz is totally pregnant

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

While showrunners lie all the dang time, Weisberg has said repeatedly that they're going to film around Keri Russell's pregnancy and not make it a part of the show.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
Rest of the show aside, Henry + Stan scenes are always great comic relief.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Holy gently caress that ending. Nina was basically superfluous to the story at this point but she deserved to go out better than that. :(

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

howe_sam posted:

While showrunners lie all the dang time, Weisberg has said repeatedly that they're going to film around Keri Russell's pregnancy and not make it a part of the show.

Yeah I think that's a bit different given Elizabeth's role.

Nina was way the gently caress overdue. Baklanov will rot in his naukograd like the rest of his generation and never appear on screen again.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
If and when Oleg finds out, he should become Soviet Jack Bauer, and do all sorts of crazy spy poo poo to help hasten the fall of the USSR.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
As soon as I saw the mop inside the door of the death room I knew Nina was probably never leaving the room alive.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
You dont have a dream sequence then have the exact same thing happen again.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Saw some click bait at slate at a "big surprise" with Elizabeths photo on it. I actually thought she might die. Knowing this show it was of course someone who should have died in season 2. They really think this is going 10 seasons? Have some balls, stop playing it so safe. Christ at least kill Gabriel.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
That ranks up with Ptolemy in Rome.

Holy poo poo.

This. loving. Show.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
And here I was thinking they'd slipped into 'plot armor'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Despera posted:

Saw some click bait at slate at a "big surprise" with Elizabeths photo on it. I actually thought she might die. Knowing this show it was of course someone who should have died in season 2. They really think this is going 10 seasons? Have some balls, stop playing it so safe. Christ at least kill Gabriel.

Don't most of the long-lasting FX shows run 6-7 seasons? I know Graham Yost had some weird thing about "six seasons sounds like the right place to end" Justified (though 5 was a throwaway). SoA and The Shield both went 7.

This is a show that I'd wish they'd keep the renewal reveals secret until the end of the season somehow so you can go :tviv: without knowing until the show's going to continue, though that's probably impossible given social media. The end of the first season lost a bit of its intensity once I heard it was coming back, because I totally could've seen Elizabeth eating a bullet late that season.

• Locked thread