Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Oh dang, I don't even remember those.

I do believe I need to rewatch the series at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

DarklyDreaming posted:

I was wondering about this too but according to the showrunner's research That was just how the Soviets executed people like Nina. They believed telling someone they were going to die in a month and going through the motions of last requests and whatnot was needlessly cruel.

So wait, the whole internment in various prisons and whatever naukograd Anton is still stuck in were okay, but they had to have a humane execution? Whatever, умом Россию не понять.

Killing Paige would be too mean though, you can't do that. I miss how dark and depressing S3 was but that would just be too much.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I think so - and then Paige stabbed him.

Unless we're talking about different events, Henry sees the knife on his belt, hits him with the bottle, and then they both run.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Baronash posted:

Unless we're talking about different events, Henry sees the knife on his belt, hits him with the bottle, and then they both run.

"Following their parents' abduction by the KGB, Paige and Henry were stranded at the mall and tried hitchhiking to find a way home. A strange young man offered to give them a ride home, but ended up taking them to a park. After drinking beer, Henry smashed his beer bottle on the guy's head so they could escape."

We're not talking about different events - I just remembered something that evidently didn't happen.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
It'll turn out that Henry is working even deeper cover than his parents. He'll going to kill Pastor Tim with piano wire, then report back to Moscow Center.

The final scene of the season will show him peeling off a wig and combing his hair.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Gonz posted:

It'll turn out that Henry is working even deeper cover than his parents. He'll going to kill Pastor Tim with piano wire, then report back to Moscow Center.

The final scene of the season will show him peeling off a wig and combing his hair.

The final scene is him reuniting with his real father - Gregory.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Landry murdered a guy in season two and they never referred to it again.

Sorry, I thought we were talking about unbelievable plot lines in good shows.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Landry murdered a guy in season two and they never referred to it again.

Sorry, I thought we were talking about unbelievable plot lines in good shows.

My favorite was Bud Garrity's poor adopted Mexican son who turned into a ghost after that season

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

cheerfullydrab posted:

The final scene is him reuniting with his real father - Arkady.

Fixed.

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

It made me sad to see Nina go, but am I the only one that laughed out loud during the final scene? When they panned the camera away from her body, it reminded me of a dead puppy sorta like this one.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
That puppy is just sleeping :mad:

But I was laughing all the way from the ridiculous dream sequence, so I'm kind of with you on this one.

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

mobby_6kl posted:

That puppy is just sleeping :mad:

Nope, found it on a page entitled "How to draw a dead dog", so he's dead, dead, DEAD! :black101:

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
They've been going back to Philips childhood slaying, perhaps Paige will follow in his footsteps.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Good lord, that scene between Phillip and Martha

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
I tried :smith:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

One man's 21 gun salute.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
We don't hate religion, just look, one of our best friends is a priest :haw:

EDIT:
Ahahah did they just pick up some random Latin dude?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Well that's one way to get on a left-leaning pastor's good side.

"You think that guy's really a priest?"
"Iunno"
:laffo:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I accidentally ate an identical looking red and white pepper that Elizabeth had at the Koreans house in an Indian restaurant and had a similar reaction. I like hot food, but man that hit me hard. Never eat red and white peppers.

Vicodiva
Sep 27, 2012
CISPES and Abp. Romero... Liberation Theology was a big big thing in the early 80s.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Paige isn't really selling this

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Noah Emmerick is so good at just staring into space

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

"What the gently caress is this god drat twerp doing chillin' on my couch?"

e- Oh, OK, they get along.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Apr 14, 2016

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
:lol: Henry is taking over

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
I think "wimp" would suffice

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

"He has The Rocky Horror Picture Show on video."

"Is that a good thing?"

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Best musical cue yet?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Ominous

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Somehow I've a feeling that Pastor Tim's wife will try to get greedy and ask for money for their parish, using Paige as the go-between, and that'll be the last straw.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Zero One posted:

Are you high Mr Beeman?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Zero One posted:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CBJSprague24 posted:

"He has The Rocky Horror Picture Show on video."

"Is that a good thing?"

At least now we know why Matthew stopped wanting to date Paige :v:

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Henry is such a dumbass, he said the pizza was hot

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
I wonder if it was an intentional casting/costuming decision to have Matthew look like Scorpio from Dirty Harry.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also
I loved the ending. The editing was amazing. Keri Russell loving Matt Rhys to Queen was amazing. "This is our last dance..."

Awesome.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
These two super spies go to all this trouble to protect their identities then go and throw up a loving wall rug in their bedroom? May as well be a cork board with nuke stealing plans stuck to it.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.
I love the tension this season - in all the characters (well except for Henry)

Gaussian
Sep 20, 2001

I'll give you a box of chocolates if you kill me.

Nap Ghost
Here's a fascinating look at the production of a TV show through the lens of the best show on TV.

This (long) article contains spoilers for episode 5.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Wake_N_Bake posted:

I loved the ending. The editing was amazing. Keri Russell loving Matt Rhys to Queen was amazing. "This is our last dance..."

Awesome.

He looked to be in a very different place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Henry is quickly becoming my favorite character. He reminds me of Walt Jr. in 'Breaking Bad' where he is just living his everyday life, blissfully unaware of the main storyline.

• Locked thread