Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
usually while people look on in amusement

something easy to start
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUAA6aavB4s
i don't think this is really legit because the movements you see in the tentacles are most likely a result of the heat alone, and dead octopus/squid does the same thing when you boil it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VruyNDrCBk4
ok let's get serious. lobster gets its abdomen cut off and made into delicious sushi while the rest of its body is left to carry on wandering around

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmgRlCFdebQ
the infamous "dead-and-alive" fish. eviscerated, cooked and its flesh eaten alive to a generic rock soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YZJt_Bw3eo
severed frog limbs still react to chemical stimuli which raises the question, what is this life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkAqdh_kLbs
ok let's go full on horror show. words don't really do this vid justice, you have to see it for yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPtpPQDZ98E
chef crudely hacks limbs off a crab while it tries in vain to escape

i'm fairly sure i've only scratched the surface here. post your own favourite videos itt of the horror and misery of this world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Crabs and lobsters have it coming imo

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
people are hosed up but also this thraed is pretty hosed up

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

If you eat meat, you should probably be in decent touch with exactly what that entails

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

That a sad looking crab. Probably best to cut its face off and put it out of its misery.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I thought animals are supposed to be executed quickly so that adrenaline and crap doesn't get soaked into the flesh and make it taste horrible. At least that's what the middle aged hunters at work say.

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial

vug posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkAqdh_kLbs
ok let's go full on horror show. words don't really do this vid justice, you have to see it for yoursel

am i gay for feeling bad for that thing?

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
actually it's about ethics in lunchtime

DICKLORD BONE
Aug 27, 2003
that live squid sashimi video is brutal

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Mmmmmmm Bugs.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

notZaar posted:

I thought animals are supposed to be executed quickly so that adrenaline and crap doesn't get soaked into the flesh and make it taste horrible. At least that's what the middle aged hunters at work say.

afaik, only Mammals have adrenaline glands.

Sea creatures, meh.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
The octopus or whatever it was he ate in Oldboy was alive I think.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
I dont think lobster and crab brains are developed enough to feel pain. I've always thought this. Am i right?

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

tomstuart posted:

people are hosed up but also this thraed is pretty hosed up

This thread gives me feelings that I don't like having.

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

I dont think lobster and crab brains are developed enough to feel pain. I've always thought this. Am i right?

Isn't the reason lobsters scream when you boil them because of the pain? I have no idea. Someone who has lobster knowledge, educate me.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
lol those animals got loving pwnd

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

LadyAmbien posted:

I'm hungry too :(

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

They can certainly feel pain, but not as we know it. Their nervous systems are not likely to be complex enough to suffer. In fact there are humans with brain defects that can feel pain but don't suffer from it, so the two are certainly separate.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

bad thread full of bad posts

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

I'm hungry too :(

lol

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial
i just made rice and beans that im finishing up now. there are no dead animals in it so i can browse this thread guilt free

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pain_in_crustaceans

Here, you read all of this.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

drunk dog posted:

i just made rice and beans that im finishing up now. there are no dead animals in it so i can browse this thread guilt free

except for the innocent field mice and insects cruelly slaughtered by combines and pesticides

my God why wont someone think of the mice and bugs

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
i like fish a lot but i would want to eat one that is still alive thats just weird

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster

LadyAmbien posted:

Isn't the reason lobsters scream when you boil them because of the pain? I have no idea. Someone who has lobster knowledge, educate me.

the scream sound is apparently just caused by air expanding inside their shell, and they die very quickly on being boiled (it's about the next most humane way to kill them besides freezing them apparently)

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Germstore posted:

They can certainly feel pain, but not as we know it. Their nervous systems are not likely to be complex enough to suffer. In fact there are humans with brain defects that can feel pain but don't suffer from it, so the two are certainly separate.

This is what I was always told. They've got the alarm going off but aren't smart enough to care beyond "I should probably leave."

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
ill stick to my sandwiches cut into squares and with the crust cut off thanks op

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
its my bread and butter

:smug:

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
lol if you don't eat the beating heart of your enemies to absorb their powers

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
giving this a thread a 1 for not having the monkey table video.

:nms: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAoAL32RyxQ :nms:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

lol if you think anyone goes to the effort to sign into youtube for any reason

not even monkey brain scoop

Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

I came across mention of a Gnostic codex called The Unreal God and the Aspects of His Nonexistent Universe, an idea which reduced me to helpless laughter. What kind of person would write about something that he knows doesn't exist, and how can something that doesn't exist have aspects?
lame lame lame can't even smell poo poo. No scent of prey's terror. no fresh blood. Needs more raw erotic savagery, like a big fat man in a weasels suit, lapping raw egg yolk, tonguing the crack in a freshly dropped egg, yeah that'd be the poo poo

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Smoothies are a treat unless a live animal puts a knife in a blender.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Tonsured posted:

lame lame lame can't even smell poo poo. No scent of prey's terror. no fresh blood. Needs more raw erotic savagery, like a big fat man in a weasels suit, lapping raw egg yolk, tonguing the crack in a freshly dropped egg, yeah that'd be the poo poo

all of this

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

vols bitch posted:

lol if you don't eat the beating heart of your enemies to absorb their powers

Tonsured posted:

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Tonsured posted:

watch my link.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Microwaves Mom posted:

watch my link.

it wasn't good gore

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

what about the chinese eating live monkey brains

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
You can't tell me octopii are too dumb to feel terror, everybody knows those fuckers are smart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

• Locked thread