Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The one thread on the forums where people care about your bracket (sort of).

Once again, we're doing a goon bracket on Yahoo and I'm bringing back the group we did last year. Here's the information you need to know.

Group ID: 118257

Password: fuckduke

You can also use this thread to discuss other brackets you're in, along with whatever amount of money you're probably going to piss away.

Good luck, and gently caress Duke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
In as "This leaked two hours early"

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Is there someplace I can get a good filled out bracket because I have no idea other then IU will lose in game 1 or 2.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Thanks for starting this

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Elephanthead posted:

Is there someplace I can get a good filled out bracket because I have no idea other then IU will lose in game 1 or 2.

Use this http://graphics.wsj.com/ncaa-madness-machine-2016/

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

No ESPN group?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

In as Stupidly Trusting ISU. I picked them to go to the Elite 8, and I am sure I will be extremely wrong.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I am in with "Drunk Bracket". I look forward to being wrong.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
I'm tired of having to pay money to coworkers to make a very bad pool for march madness, so I'm going to do it here for free with goons. Enjoy watching me come in last!!!

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I think this is the first year that I've picked a play-in team to advance past the first round and that team actually won their play-in game. I guess you technically get both teams when you pick them to advance, but still, it was always a bad sign.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Joined as "Izzotopia"

Also I was thinking of making this thread a couple days ago with the exact same title so good job.

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
in as AWESOME TRUMP SUPPORTING BRACKET

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Bird in a Blender posted:

In as Stupidly Trusting ISU. I picked them to go to the Elite 8, and I am sure I will be extremely wrong.

I run a bracket for all my friends with a prize at the end. Every year I pick Iowa state to win it all.

Came in second a few times though lol

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Note that if you put Texas any deeper than the Sweet 16, if that far, then you are either insane or stupid, or both.

*puts Texas in four Elite Eights, three Final Fours, and one national championship*

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Mar 17, 2016

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Small group this year.

Note: my final 4 is 3 Big XII teams and Michigan State. This is going to go well.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I'd make an ESPN group, but I don't think there would be enough time for people to join it before the first game starts.

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
i think you have til tomorrow at noon before the first game starts

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

What's the benefit of an ESPN group?

edit: asking seriously, not being an rear end in a top hat. I don't ever bother with national contests since I know I won't win anything.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I use ESPN and consider it better than the yahoo format. More user friendly. Yahoo isn't bad, just I like espn better.

No one will guess which bracket is mine though.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

I just put in my horrendous bracket. After all these years I've decided to just give up on trying and just go with my first choice every time. Doesn't really make a difference anyways because 99% of the brackets are trashed after the first 2 days!

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

buddhanc posted:

I just put in my horrendous bracket. After all these years I've decided to just give up on trying and just go with my first choice every time. Doesn't really make a difference anyways because 99% of the brackets are trashed after the first 2 days!

Amateur. Last year mine was ruined before I ate dinner on the first day.

oldgoatmon
Jul 4, 2004

Ohhh Bitch, You Got Jacked Bitch
I put in one and my gf put in a terrible bracket that will certainly beat mine

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Joined as Troy "Tum Tum" Queef, because if you can't enjoy Lourawls "Tum Tum" Nairn Jr., either with his play or his name, you don't deserve to watch this sport.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
My tradition of losing an Elite 8 team within hours of the tournament start continues.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I should've known better than to trust Purdue

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I went 7-1 in the early games but had Baylor in the elite eight. :shobon:

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Not in last! Yay! :pervert:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

7-1 so far. Have a bracket in the 99 percentile on ESPN. Unfortunately it isn't one of the brackets where Hawaii upsets Cal.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Aggro posted:

My tradition of losing an Elite 8 team within hours of the tournament start continues.

Same

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Benne posted:

I should've known better than to trust Purdue

I thought purdue looked like the 2nd best big 10 team after Michigan State, maybe the committee was right under seeding the whole big 10 this year

Its the only loss on my bracket so far (although witchita st is about to make it 2). I picked the yale upset correctly

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I knew I should've picked USC over Providence.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I noticed people have multiple entries into the bracket pool. You've been reported appropriately.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
12 of 16 for me after day one. Biggest misses were Purdue and Seton Hall (had both in Sweet 16) but otherwise I'm in pretty good shape. I actually had Yale winning, too.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

P good day for me too. 14/16. drat baylor really put a dent in my bracket though. The other miss was seton hall and I'm cool with that- it was a toss up IMO.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

14/16 and the only sweet 16 team I lost was Baylor (who I had beating UNC Wilmington because gently caress Duke)

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

14/16, no Sweet Sixteen teams lost. Pretty good day. Tomorrow will be horrible. :)

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

12/16, 15 of my Sweet 16 alive, all of my Elite Eight. By far my best Day 1 of a tourney in many years.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I have like 5 brackets going in various groups and I am in the bottom half in all 5. I'm dead last in one of them. Off to a great start as usual.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Probably Magic posted:

I knew I should've picked USC over Providence.

Apparently, looking back at my bracket, I did. poo poo.

11 for 16 is pretty meh, but I don't really care because of beautiful upsets and only one team in my Sweet Sixteen is out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Good night, sweet bracket

• Locked thread