Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Symphogear
This poll is closed.
Chris 41 39.42%
Hibiki 26 25.00%
Tsubasa 5 4.81%
Shirabe 5 4.81%
Kirika 3 2.88%
Maria 9 8.65%
Genjuro 15 14.42%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Parallax posted:

I was gonna read the untold story of Japanese game developers but I think I'll read manga instead
Hang on, I think I've got the cliff notes version of that somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Sylphid posted:

So as some might know, I was recently let go from my latest job. This was an unfortunate, but typical development when it comes to my superiors treating me poorly.

In any case, I like to turn negatives into at least somewhat positives. Thus, with the meager scraps I did earn last week, I feel comfortable in getting a new figure. Unfortunately, I'm undecided between Utaha Kasumigaoka (maybe minor :nws:) or Anastasia. I get paid on Friday, so I will make a decision then. Whoever has the most votes by then I will get. I'll probably get both at least sometime down the line, however.

neither

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Enable automatic subtitles!!

Why do these two glamorous men keep posing and saying tuberculosis?

Jostiband posted:

tHis better not devolve into another disgusting orgy of headpatting....

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Here it is:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Sylphid posted:

So as some might know, I was recently let go from my latest job. This was an unfortunate, but typical development when it comes to my superiors treating me poorly.

In any case, I like to turn negatives into at least somewhat positives. Thus, with the meager scraps I did earn last week, I feel comfortable in getting a new figure. Unfortunately, I'm undecided between Utaha Kasumigaoka (maybe minor :nws:) or Anastasia. I get paid on Friday, so I will make a decision then. Whoever has the most votes by then I will get. I'll probably get both at least sometime down the line, however.

utaha is boring and idk the other girl so i'm gonna say neither

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Don't begrudge us our idols Sharky

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

theres tons of cool stories about japanese devs well never hear

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Sylphid posted:

Utaha 100%.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
anya is good

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Sylphid posted:

That site doesn't have any gunbuster merchandise.

Well, except for this thing I'm totally getting Srice: http://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/4840/Gunbuster+Cycle+Wear+Series.html

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Julias posted:

Utaha 100%.

lol

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I have 3 papers due in 3 weeks :shepicide:

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

theres tons of cool stories about japanese devs well never hear

yup.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

was the untold story good? all i remember is there was drama or something with it??

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

stuff like the rapid shift that happened when companies were so afraid of talent sniping that nicknames only for credits were mandatory

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

the gay boys anime movie made 158m yen (~1.4m usd) in under 4 weeks

bless you Japan

maybe that means they'll make more

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Its really a book of interviews instead of a history but its still interesting, just organized really poorly

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Sharkopath posted:

stuff like the rapid shift that happened when companies were so afraid of talent sniping that nicknames only for credits were mandatory

ohhhhhh that makes a lot of stuff make sense

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Julias posted:

I can't believe you guys would Troll Zep like that. He's gonna be heartbroken. :(

wha happen

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

The next chapter is an nterview with the guy who made strider

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

i love hearing about game devs and it's kinda sad that i rpobably won't ever hear much about the ones behind my favorite games

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

everythingWasBees posted:

ohhhhhh that makes a lot of stuff make sense

it was super prevalent

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

littleorv posted:

I have 3 papers due in 3 weeks :shepicide:

Stop procrastinating and do a bit each day. Or chug through it all and have a bunch of free days down the road.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Sharkopath posted:

it was super prevalent

i always wondered why they did that

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Sylphid posted:

"attain stable employment before blowing your cash on anime merch"- Motto (never employed, mild hypocrite)

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Sylphid posted:

gif that's the opposite of that girl saying both

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

actually i'd just like a good book on the development of pokemon red and green

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

He was posting a metric ton of Umi fan art for like 2 1/2 hours straight (almost all of them being art dumps). Like 20 or something straight posts of basically nothing but Umi fan art, which understandably annoyed Endorph and the thread was closed.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Julias posted:

Stop procrastinating and do a bit each day. Or chug through it all and have a bunch of free days down the road.

Shut up mom

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

He was posting a bunch of Umi pictures, in a pattern of 3,1,5. He only got partway through the full list of pictures.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Sylphid posted:

He was posting a metric ton of Umi fan art for like 2 1/2 hours straight (almost all of them being art dumps). Like 20 or something straight posts of basically nothing but Umi fan art, which understandably annoyed Endorph and the thread was closed.

I was also annoyed

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

There was an interesting one with a programmer where he talked about how all of enixs games were outsourced and they would hold public competitions to find games to publish

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

gently caress you

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

did you make this tiny honker

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i want to reward the maker of tiny honka

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

everythingWasBees posted:

i love hearing about game devs and it's kinda sad that i rpobably won't ever hear much about the ones behind my favorite games

language barrier aside, it would be cool if game dev stuff was more transparent overall. especially when things fail, there's rarely any info on why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

It's pretty inspiring how zep keeps finding new ways to be a bad poster tbh

• Locked thread