Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Symphogear
This poll is closed.
Chris 41 39.42%
Hibiki 26 25.00%
Tsubasa 5 4.81%
Shirabe 5 4.81%
Kirika 3 2.88%
Maria 9 8.65%
Genjuro 15 14.42%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i dunno if Portrait of Ruin is a good Castlevania

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

The Drifting Chat Thread

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

It's not as bad as people say but it's kind of annoying in places

yeah i've been playing it recently and kinda feel like it doesn't hit as high as some of the other handhelds, i had no idea there was a bad reputation attached to it

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I'm probably going to occasionally image dump. I can at least promise to link the source, though.

your image dumps seem fine

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Knorth posted:

There's 54 pages of these bird pictures... that's so many snack birds!

i like the marshmallow one that sat in chocolate

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Allarion posted:

I thought that was just cause of the anime art? Though I guess Dawn of Sorrow had that art style too.

eh, there are gameplay reasons i cam see people disliking it. the poo poo tier anime art just makes cutscenes less bearable

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

there was a page that nearly killed the awful app, as well. please do not bully lorv at this time

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

overall the designs look like something out of a cheap Castlevania tv anime (see: the upcoming AA anime). obviously there cam be outliers like that Evil Soma portrait, but overall the switch to the anime art was a step down for DoS and PoR

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Aria of Sorrow was a formative game for me, so i will acknowledge my bias

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the gay boys anime movie made 158m yen (~1.4m usd) in under 4 weeks

bless you Japan

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

art dump from a better series

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Endorph posted:

we already see your posts

if he wants to improve his post quality, let him

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Jostiband posted:

I do jojo poses irl whenever I hit the post button just to keep the sexiness of the chat thread high

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0kJbMqTPTM

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Enable automatic subtitles!!

unpossible

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I GOT THE QUEEN

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Dokyusei, it's showing some places in the US this Spring

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

everythingWasBees posted:

the government for this town seems awful young tho

there are some old people too, you will meet them

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

The Council of Science Wizards

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Matoi Ryuko posted:

It's really funny.

the option seriously doesn't show up for me, it's distressing

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

you've made me quad post

e: lol

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Sylphid posted:

So as some might know, I was recently let go from my latest job. This was an unfortunate, but typical development when it comes to my superiors treating me poorly.

In any case, I like to turn negatives into at least somewhat positives. Thus, with the meager scraps I did earn last week, I feel comfortable in getting a new figure. Unfortunately, I'm undecided between Utaha Kasumigaoka (maybe minor :nws:) or Anastasia. I get paid on Friday, so I will make a decision then. Whoever has the most votes by then I will get. I'll probably get both at least sometime down the line, however.

get the non-lewd fig

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Julias posted:

Utaha 100%.

lol

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

everythingWasBees posted:

i love hearing about game devs and it's kinda sad that i rpobably won't ever hear much about the ones behind my favorite games

language barrier aside, it would be cool if game dev stuff was more transparent overall. especially when things fail, there's rarely any info on why

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

maybe because eveyrthing is run with ndas i dunno

you never hear many funny stories about the job because everything seems to be run through the marketing execs first

the worry that something might hurt the game seems way extreme, and once things have been out or flopped/closed there should be nothing stopping a conversation about it imo

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

like god forbid we understand why bad things in the industry happen, we might actually learn how to improve it

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm too busy reading manga for actual books

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i was supposed to sleep three hours ago :negative:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

littleorv posted:

That dude has got a punchable face

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i don't even understand what significance that has to beer

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Uncle Krunkles

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

chumbler posted:

Boku no Hero Academipa

i hate the new chapter

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I hate the inevitable Sasuke comparisons.

i can't handle all the bad things happening

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

The new chapter's okay but the thread's gotten pretty bad.

oh i don't read the thread but i can imagine. this arc was just too stressful

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Rogue also seems like a good place for terrible beer ideas (their Voodoo Doughnuts line, Sriracha Stout, "New Crustacean Barleywineish Imperial IPA Sorta")

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

As much as I'm still enjoying it I kinda wish it would stop to catch its breath, but that doesn't seem too likely now that Bakugou's up and gotten himself gone.

Also somebody needs to cut Deku a break. Kid's gonna wind up looking like he's 50 when he's 20.

Old Might

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

lol at the plague doctor in ZTD. also super-uptight looking guy has me worried

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i hope the cute dog is very relevant to the story

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i didn't even get the context of the cool Helck picture until i read the chapter. it looks like a weird angel attacking Hyura, that's literally all it "spoils"

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

i specifically cut out the dialogue, i just really like how that panel is framed and how menacing the artist is able to make a figure look

the wings specifically have tons of form and even surround the viewer, which is pretty astonishing for how simple the art is

yeah, it's an awesome panel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Knorth posted:

Ah! Was Snow White good? I might check that out, wasn't sure whether to wait for all the S1 dvds to come out though

it is! it's a very sweet romance (also good side ships) and Shirayuki is an awesome protagonist, even though some of the drama is a bit contrived/at her expense

• Locked thread