Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

naem posted:

I too am writing in my vote for veteran presidential candidate Cum Patrol

I'm practicing my Dickbutt sketching.

I know it's old now, but I vote with my heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

mclast posted:

the difference is clinton has a voting record, and trump said some decent stuff even tho you can't pin it on him cause he's a liar and it was like 16 years ago. this is the third edit i've caveated this at least three times. still, tho, he might, actually, maybe, be better.

butt probably not. I could see Trump getting elected and just looting whatever like bush/cheney

Honestly made this argument before. "Well, at least she has a record. Yes, all politicans say whatever will take to get them elected, but the record says what they might actually do."

And I got "But it's a bad record. Who would you want to lead an army, a general who lost every battle, or someone who's never been a general before?"

And I tried to argue that, no, even in that metaphor, you go with the general. Especially in that metaphor. Because he's a general. You don't just put loud people who think they know better in charge of something as complicated as an army. The bad general might make bad tactical calls and gets outmaneuvered or all that military poo poo. But the random non-general might just gently caress up all of the basics (having bullets, food, where the soldiers poop), or might just steal all the guns and sell 'em off. Before any of the battle stuff even happens.

And I couldn't get through. "But he lost EVERY battle. At least with the other one, there's a chance!"

So now I'm for Trump. Destroy it all.

• Locked thread