Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

fits posted:

are the oilers bad enough dudes to tank with the best?

I was just thinking: on the one hand the Oilers don't want the two points but on the other hand the Blues don't seem to care either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil! LET'S GO PRED-A-TORS!
can the oilers just win this game and be cool for once in a decade

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Posting for a better future, today!
:stonk:

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Trevor Bird posted:

can the oilers just win this game and be cool for once in a decade

:iiam:

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil! LET'S GO PRED-A-TORS!
holy poo poo, that was a major?

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Trevor Bird posted:

holy poo poo, that was a major?

It's one of those situations where the referees arbitrarily determine that the player on the receiving end of the hit was "hurt".

Which I mean he probably was, but that's just an idiotic standard to apply to a penalty.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
don't gently caress this up Oilers

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

Starsfan posted:

It's one of those situations where the referees arbitrarily determine that the player on the receiving end of the hit was "hurt".

Which I mean he probably was, but that's just an idiotic standard to apply to a penalty.

they just showed that he was busted up pretty bad, so i guess that makes it automatic.

oilers trying to blow the game on a 5 minute powerplay :lol:

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
please stop trying to kill hedricks

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

so no shots on goal on a 5 minute PP for the oilers?

they really aren't trying.. I don't even know if that has ever been done before.

**oh Kassian got one with like 2 seconds left on the PP clock on a broken play.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Starsfan posted:

so no shots on goal on a 5 minute PP for the oilers?

they really aren't trying.. I don't even know if that has ever been done before.

**oh Kassian got one with like 2 seconds left on the PP clock on a broken play.

the oilers are not very good

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

gj Oilers

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
lets go letetsu hatty

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

i guess it'd be too much to hope the canucks and oilers win on the same night

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Trevor Bird posted:

dont get greedy

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Trevor Bird posted:

Considering that the highlights for the Canucks tonight are the debut of a 6'8" defenseman from beyond the Moon and a guy in the stands clapping and ripping his pants off, yes, that's a big ask.

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

i guess i'll move on to the ducks/rags game then, but i'm sad i missed some dude ripping his pants off in the stands :lol:

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Trevor Bird posted:

i guess i'll move on to the ducks/rags game then, but i'm sad i missed some dude ripping his pants off in the stands :lol:

what is happening to our beloved game?

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
https://twitter.com/ryanbiech/status/710317575876386816

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

nucks lose, Flames on the way to a win, Oil wns, Sabres pick up a point, gooooood night

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Now you can't unsee it

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

so spontaneous, totally not a plant

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

He was around during the early WCE days. I guess they dusted him off since attendance has been tanking.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
...what?

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
I saw that the refs gave out another game misconduct to the Blues, this time in a critical situation. DOn't even care anymore because the team doesn't seem to either.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
:siren: Klein, again!

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

Klein making up for that early giveaway big time!

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

This looks bad. McDonagh down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

All is well.

• Locked thread