Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What's the image in the second post?
A man's face
Butterfly
A koi
A dog
A small boat floating in a lake
Funyarinpa
View Results

• Locked thread
Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
Some stories make me want to speculate and theorize and dig deep

Uchikoshi's make me want to just buckle up and enjoy the ride

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jintor
May 19, 2014

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

The twist ending is that the dog is actually the one who started the Radical-6 outbreak through a series of a wacky hijinks accompanied by laugh track.

!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

The twist ending is that the dog is actually the one who started the Radical-6 outbreak through a series of a wacky hijinks accompanied by laugh track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1nDafqdH9o

I'm sure someone already made this joke.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
I hope there's a promotional flash game on the site where you pet the dog

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Dezinus posted:

It's gonna be Mira boobies like last time.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

Dezinus posted:

It's actually going to be in the game, but it'll be removed from the NA release.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1nDafqdH9o

I'm sure someone already made this joke.

No, no, not the mastermind, just a family sitcom Urkel-style of goofs. It's different, you see? :v:

Now I'm imagining Zero saying "Did I do thaaaaat?"

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I'm slightly disappointed we have a dog friend instead of a cat friend. Because the latter would prompt more quantum physics lessons with Phi and more terrible cat puns from Sigma.

Seriously those were some of the best parts of VLR.

Qwarq
Apr 3, 2009

Maybe they're setting up a theme of behavioral conditioning where Phi can give us a lecture on Pavlov and his dogs. :v:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I'm slightly disappointed we have a dog friend instead of a cat friend. Because the latter would prompt more quantum physics lessons with Phi and more terrible cat puns from Sigma.

I agree, dog friends are pretty ruff.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Okay, you've convinced me to embrace our new dog friend.

In other ideas, my crackpot theory for the game is that Q is Quark somehow from the future with amnesia. How? Who the gently caress knows, mystery science. :science:

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

YoshiOfYellow posted:

On the other hand, we have a chance for Phido to show her true colors.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Poulpe posted:

I am all kinds of fascinated by the amnesia element of this game, but it's also making me sort of apprehensive?

Like, imagine watching Memento except instead of the scenes playing out in reverse they're just randomly shuffled throughout the film

I feel like I'm going to have to play the entire game twice to even understand what happened

Believe in Kotaro Uchikoshi

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Okay, you've convinced me to embrace our new dog friend.

In other ideas, my crackpot theory for the game is that Q is Quark somehow from the future with amnesia. How? Who the gently caress knows, mystery science. :science:

Too obvious. It's Seven.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Has Q been confirmed male? I am curious if the japanese side actually uses gender specific words for him

Eleanore
Jun 18, 2013

voltcatfish posted:

Has Q been confirmed male? I am curious if the japanese side actually uses gender specific words for him

It specifically says "shounen" on his character profile in the first post, so yeah.

Also shame on all the people voting for "dog" in the poll. Can't you recognize a funyarinpa when you see it? :colbert:

I'm so hyped for this game, for the longest time I thought it wouldn't get made at all. I've already asked for four days off from work for when it gets released.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.
game looks great cant wait for june 1st

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Am I correctly remembering that (VLR) Akane suggested there was a way for Clover and Alice to physically return to the past by abusing Schrodinger's cat? Did they explain that? The best I can figure is "until you step outside, you can't be sure you're really in the future; it's equally probable that everyone here is an actor and it's still present day so why don't you go outside and collapse the function"

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
As much as it sucks for Carlos and Diana being an awkward third wheel to two people who know way more than them, I feel really bad for Q for being stuck with two complete loving nutbars (considering Eric slinging around a shotgun like a loving idiot, and Mira being soaked in blood and smiling in the trailer)

Poor kiddo :(

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Argue posted:

Am I correctly remembering that (VLR) Akane suggested there was a way for Clover and Alice to physically return to the past by abusing Schrodinger's cat? Did they explain that? The best I can figure is "until you step outside, you can't be sure you're really in the future; it's equally probable that everyone here is an actor and it's still present day so why don't you go outside and collapse the function"

Akane did that, and i thought part of this game was helping tie up how to go about it

altho it was during that weird epilogue bit iirc so it might just have been words

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I still can't believe we are actually getting this game, that it's coming out so soon, and that it looks so amazing.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Has there been any official word on why they decided to go ahead and make the game after shelving it? I got the impression it was due to overseas enthusiasm but I'm not sure.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Has there been any official word on why they decided to go ahead and make the game after shelving it? I got the impression it was due to overseas enthusiasm but I'm not sure.

That's exactly it. There was enough fan outcry for Spike Chunsoft to act, and the fact that they're more tailoring this release for the western market seems to show that, because the series has always been way more popular overseas than it has been in Japan.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Was excited for a bit that they were deemphasizing the stupid character design and then, no, girl with her boobs hanging out. :( C'mon, yall.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Irony Be My Shield posted:

https://twitter.com/Uchikoshi_Eng/status/710501027611414528

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I finished VLR just days before the announcement that ZTD would not be made. Not cool.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

We reached through the morphogenetic field and changed the future.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Bogart posted:

Was excited for a bit that they were deemphasizing the stupid character design and then, no, girl with her boobs hanging out. :( C'mon, yall.

"Lady with Huge Chest" is a character archetype that has been in every ZE game. At the very least, the first was pretty cool and the second, while being Alice, was at least intelligent.

I wouldn't be too concerned about Mila. :)

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

"Lady with Huge Chest" is a character archetype that has been in every ZE game. At the very least, the first was pretty cool and the second, while being Alice, was at least intelligent.

I wouldn't be too concerned about Mila. :)

I cannot live in a world where we defend anything about Alice.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Alice was stupid in a lot of ways but she was pretty entertaining.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I still can't figure it if she'S wearing any clothes under that jewelry.

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Argue posted:

Or they open the containment pods early, and it turns out the Clover and Alice we saw at Rhizome 9 were actually their descendants or GAULEM duplicates or something.

Danaru posted:

As much as it sucks for Carlos and Diana being an awkward third wheel to two people who know way more than them, I feel really bad for Q for being stuck with two complete loving nutbars (considering Eric slinging around a shotgun like a loving idiot, and Mira being soaked in blood and smiling in the trailer)

Poor kiddo :(

So we have two of the participants who were close before being thrown into the deadly game. And we have one of these people going nuts and threatening people in the trailer. This seems a lot like Snake and Clover, or Alice and Clover.

If pattern recognition tells me anything, it's that Mira will probably be one of the first to go. That would certainly explain why Eric is going froot-loops in his scenes. In the absence of an actual Clover, he's probably going to be the Clover of this game.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

In a surprise twist, Eric is actually just Clover in a really fancy spy disguise deep undercover.

Because she would be stupid enough to get caught in 4 death games.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
Well, I just found the worst piece of 999 fanart I've personally seen. Enjoy

:nws:Pissy diapers:nws:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Why? Just... Why?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'm not clicking that link. You can't trick me!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Please don't do that. I'm not going to probate or anything for it, but it never ends well for a thread.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

FactsAreUseless posted:

Please don't do that. I'm not going to probate or anything for it, but it never ends well for a thread.

That was the only one I got and I don't particularly want to find any more. You're safe.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Aaaaanyways... Moving on.

I'm replaying/rereading 999 and I have a question:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but why didn't anyone try some medical trickery to slow their heart rate to zero and then revived themselves to remove their bracelet? There is a freezer and a medical bay, it could have been worth a shot considering one of the two conditions of removing the bracelet was to have a heart rate of zero, not necessarily being dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Wasn't the heart rate thing a VLR plot point? I know that comes up and they briefly consider taking turns in the cryopods to get the bracelets off but the pods have been shut off once the crew all go to the treatment center.

I don't remember if it's also a thing in 999 but... presumably none of them had extensive medical knowledge to consider the option or be confident enough to try anything?

• Locked thread