Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deliciouscesium
Apr 10, 2012
Looking for a town, please send an invite. ID is dcesium#39979.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Deliciouscesium posted:

Looking for a town, please send an invite. ID is dcesium#39979.

Sent an invite to Boatmurdered.

Deliciouscesium
Apr 10, 2012

LLSix posted:

Sent an invite to Boatmurdered.

Thanks. Invite accepted.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
FYI, if you "cleared" a dungeon by killing all five levels of the boss before the patch, you need to run it one more time to get the furniture trophy. I was wondering why I didn't get the cool things.

Also Adamantium went from like 2 million to 600k, which means I could legitimately buy the material for the Twilight Cuirass (level 41 armor) and then turn it around for a profit on the trade house. Probably better overall for crafting but it makes easy money harder from selling resources.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Dragongem posted:

FYI, if you "cleared" a dungeon by killing all five levels of the boss before the patch, you need to run it one more time to get the furniture trophy. I was wondering why I didn't get the cool things.

Also Adamantium went from like 2 million to 600k, which means I could legitimately buy the material for the Twilight Cuirass (level 41 armor) and then turn it around for a profit on the trade house. Probably better overall for crafting but it makes easy money harder from selling resources.
I expect the selling prices of the end result to tank quite a bit in response, but that will take longer for people to adjust. Now is a good time to look for opportunities like that while everything is moving around.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
It's good that I should actually craft items now.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Man T3 resources tanked to like a quarter of their price. I'm gonna have to train new habits now.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Could I grab an invite to boatmurdered or wherever? Sarmhan#67453
Thanks

Labratio
Apr 22, 2003

Super
Hero
In
Training
Could use an invite as well. # labratio10239

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!
If invites are still available, I would like one as well. Id is skye#16105

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
They finally made the daily goal trigger at the same time every day, instead of "the next time you log in after your 24 hour period is up". Would miss a day now and then cause of it. Huzzah!

Also hoping the raid resource levels weren't nerfed :v:. We might get rank 20 this time!

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules
looking for an invite to a goon town, ovo#61605. Willing to hurl gold at improvements.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Dragongem posted:

They finally made the daily goal trigger at the same time every day, instead of "the next time you log in after your 24 hour period is up". Would miss a day now and then cause of it. Huzzah!

Also hoping the raid resource levels weren't nerfed :v:. We might get rank 20 this time!

On the one hand, having it trigger at a certain point each day is great (frankly I hate any system that is 24h or x hours after you first start or finish something because inevitably you end up missing a cycle because it ends up hitting when you're asleep or something) but on the other I picked the game back up at a really late time after patch and now all my resets are at like midnight and I normally don't play that late. :downs:

One (surprisingly) good thing the devs did is if you have the 100 gems a day subscription, it will give you gems for all the days you missed. I didn't have time to check into the game for like 3 days and when I came back it just gave me the 300g instead of telling me to gently caress off like most other games would where you have to manually pick it up daily.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Interested in trying this out, Klungar#96303

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I ran the most recent numbers through my spreadsheet and gems are now worth over 700k gold a piece... IF you have access to trade Magic Keys. All lower keys are capped out for gold so they will sell at maximum which pins them at about 300k or less per gem. I guess I need to press hard on leveling up before Magic Keys also get pinned at this rate, since Magic was at only 500k or so when I first unlocked access to them.

Note that means that all artifacts selling for 2 gems (nets you 1) will still get you a potential (slow) profit if you can buy them for under 600k .... and there basically isn't any artifact I can access that is over 600k.

Really beginning to think I need to go in on prereq crafts instead because this is so slow, but I also really need to keep pushing on leveling blueprints. I have enough of a bankroll at the moment that I can afford a stagnant cash flow for quite a while though. So I think I will resist the urge and just plink away at artifact profits. It's gonna take forever to even get one upgraded trade slot at that rate, but I'm not eager to buy more than the one upgraded quest slot for my A team since all artifacts are now piss cheap.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
So what's up with the new icons in the special loot table? I've seen a hammer, a shield thingy with a x2 and some others I haven't received. I can't tell what they do.

E:

quote:

Other rewards from special loot roll include gold, bags, double XP, repair all, heal all, blueprint fragments and keys
So I guess the hammer is repair all and the x2 shield is double XP. I assume heal all looks like a plus sign or such, I don't recall if I've seen it before.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Mar 25, 2016

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

Kyte posted:

Man T3 resources tanked to like a quarter of their price. I'm gonna have to train new habits now.

Yeah, I used to soak people for dragon scales, now they are cheap as hell. Cloudcade loving us again.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Ask Me For Warez posted:

Yeah, I used to soak people for dragon scales, now they are cheap as hell. Cloudcade loving us again.

I wouldn't say loving us, the changes were overall good and it was always kind of goofy that the best profit didn't even touch the central game elements.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Any ideal craft unlocking order I should pursue? Good early worker/ workstation comps to shoot for? Tricks to make lots of early money to progress my shop upgrades?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Klungar posted:

Tricks to make lots of early money to progress my shop upgrades?

Join an established city, wait for the weekend raid, get an iron key or two, sell them for max gold at the trade house, build a giant safe for all your gold and go swimming in it.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Then a follow up question: what's the best way to get shop levels? Currently I am Level 11, so Iron Keys I think are still a ways off for me. Is the XP you gain based on the price of the items you sell, or some other metric?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Correct, you get exp solely by selling items to heroes. Selling them at the trade house does not count, unfortunately. The exp you get is based on the value of the item (so, for example, discounting an item to a hero doesn't ding you except in the actual cash you get from the sale.) I believe that higher quality items do, in fact, grant more exp for the same item, but I could be mistaken on that.

Yildun
Jan 21, 2011
Is it worth buying keys to unlock the Wooden Chests? I have a bunch... I'm currently saving my gems for bigger stuff, like fusion or preset quest slots, and I fear RNGesus may be unkind if I delve into them. :P

Yildun fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Mar 29, 2016

RubberBands Hurt
Dec 13, 2004

seriously, wtf
You'll get keys from raids(albeit only one of each a week), and it's mostly low level crap under gold chests.

Yildun
Jan 21, 2011

RubberBands Hurt posted:

You'll get keys from raids(albeit only one of each a week), and it's mostly low level crap under gold chests.

Thanks! That's good to know. :)

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

If you guys spend any RL money on this game, get the Wizard package and focus 100% into getting the last recipe unlock, the Ocarena. The *regular* version sells on the tradehouse for 18-20 million, good for around 25m, great for 40m and so on. The pre-craft is easily made and fused. It's basically a printing press for money. I just recently got two heroes to level 40 to sell them to, and it's crazy how good the money is. I can indiscriminately upgrade whatever I want at nearly no downtime.

Woodstock
Sep 28, 2005
Whaddup. Could I get an invite sent my way too?
woodstock#59523

Thanks!

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Is there a way to play the same save between phone and desktop?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

gwrtheyrn posted:

Is there a way to play the same save between phone and desktop?
Yeah if you're logged into Facebook or whatever it should already be shared

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

CrashCat posted:

Yeah if you're logged into Facebook or whatever it should already be shared

Cool, this is wonderful news for my battery life

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
The Unity plugin is pretty temperamental I find. On my Windows PC I have to use IE. On my Mac I have to use Firefox. Pretty sure Chrome is right out, regardless.

At least you can type prices using a numpad, chat with a real keyboard, and have an Escape key to back out of things.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Can I get an invite somewhere on kirtar#63228 ?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

same for gwrtheyrn#77821

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
Please send an invite to solkanar512#89185, thanks!

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

~Coxy posted:

The Unity plugin is pretty temperamental I find. On my Windows PC I have to use IE. On my Mac I have to use Firefox. Pretty sure Chrome is right out, regardless.

At least you can type prices using a numpad, chat with a real keyboard, and have an Escape key to back out of things.

Unity is blocked on Chrome since they started disabling NPAPI stuff. Gotta play on "older" browsers like FireFox or IE.

It's too bad they dont want to just update the game to newer versions of Unity that actually work correctly without NPAPI.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

kirtar posted:

Can I get an invite somewhere on kirtar#63228 ?
There appears to be a typo or something in this one, double check it

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Does this still crash every 45 seconds on iphone 4Ses?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

kinkouin posted:

Unity is blocked on Chrome since they started disabling NPAPI stuff. Gotta play on "older" browsers like FireFox or IE.

It's too bad they dont want to just update the game to newer versions of Unity that actually work correctly without NPAPI.

Weird it runs on chrome for me

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Should I reject customer requests for unprofitable items? For example, stuff that uses quest resources and sells for a pittance and I've already unlocked all the blue prints from. Or is there a way to get them to except alternatives even if they don't start out being willing to accept them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Klungar posted:

Should I reject customer requests for unprofitable items? For example, stuff that uses quest resources and sells for a pittance and I've already unlocked all the blue prints from. Or is there a way to get them to except alternatives even if they don't start out being willing to accept them?
If you're working on shopkeeper XP, discounting everything you sell to NPCs still gets you full XP so you should have very little trouble keeping your energy up for making suggestions. Remember to hold the button down on the suggestion to see the whole list. May have to sell one that was actually requested now and then to discount and get more energy refilled, or have a rack set out of the item type you're grinding out at the moment.

If you're working on cash flow, don't sell to NPCs unless you're out of room and the only alternative is basically throwing poo poo out. The trade house pays so much more (especially for Great and above) that selling to NPCs is often a huge loss.

When you still have a stack of things you whipped up to sell for XP but nobody can equip swords or whatever, then you can Reject and get someone back who uses that item type. If you're rejecting a lot, consider whether you have room to wait til you made more variety.

CrashCat fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Mar 30, 2016

• Locked thread