Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
the probation is ironic.

like other things.

ironic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

christ you are so gay

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

probate me, homo

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i like the way it feels on my skin

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
whoah friend, thats mod sass! might want to tone it down a bit before you hurt someone's feelings!

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

I want mod rear end

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
:salt::salt::salt:

Gus Hobbleton posted:

whoah friend, thats mod sass! might want to tone it down a bit before you hurt someone's feelings!

pram
Jun 10, 2001
thats our space pope <:razz:>

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
:yikes:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't think I've ever directly talked to that guy on this forum ever but he sure loves to scream at me out of the blue for some reason

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

zen death robot posted:

No, please do continue - I'm sure you have something useful to add and you're not just pissed off that your pal was hammered for the same poo poo that he pulled a few months ago

sure am glad you're handing out month long probations in a throwaway shitpost thread

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
everyone gather round see how a real imp zone man handles things

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
i didnt know 'defend my subforum in a different subforum and get real mad about it' was a mod requirement

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Dios mio, gents. *pulls up a chair and slaters it* Folks, as I'm sure you know I'm Space Pope's friend, defender, and a frequent guest in his lively mumble. That being said, we can't go around accusing people or forums of being "pedophiles" without serious consideration. There are real ramifications. As someone who's life, albeit tangentially, has been affected by sexual predators, I take the allegation extremely seriously. I have personally warned him in private channels about being so cavalier about the accusation. He's been reprimanded for this behavior in the past, as is apparent in his rap sheet. While I'm bummed that it has come to this, I don't disagree with the forums administration. There needs to be a strong message in the leper colony that this kind of poo poo is unacceptable. This might a "zany" thread in the funny computer forum, but there's nothing casual nor funny about calling someone a pedophile.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Larry Parrish posted:

I don't think I've ever directly talked to that guy on this forum ever but he sure loves to scream at me out of the blue for some reason

i, too, am senile

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Smythe posted:

Dios mio, gents. *pulls up a chair and slaters it* Folks, as I'm sure you know I'm Space Pope's friend, defender, and a frequent guest in his lively mumble. That being said, we can't go around accusing people or forums of being "pedophiles" without serious consideration. There are real ramifications. As someone who's life, albeit tangentially, has been affected by sexual predators, I take the allegation extremely seriously. I have personally warned him in private channels about being so cavalier about the accusation. He's been reprimanded for this behavior in the past, as is apparent in his rap sheet. While I'm bummed that it has come to this, I don't disagree with the forums administration. There needs to be a strong message in the leper colony that this kind of poo poo is unacceptable. This might a "zany" thread in the funny computer forum, but there's nothing casual nor funny about calling someone a pedophile.

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Looks like I caught a whiff of fail aids.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Bhodi posted:

sure am glad you're handing out month long probations in a throwaway shitpost thread

Outside of YOSPOS, people get monthlongs all the time for incessant posts for which they were previously punished, even in FYAD, the 'no rules' forum. I guess it's different if you attempt to quality them as 'throwaway shitposts' which are against the global forum rules in the first place.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Space-Pope posted:

there's only one way to deal with pedo zone posters

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Someone needs to put a collar on this mad dog!

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

thats why i only have sex with my computer

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
i happen to get Extremely Pumped Up by little led lights blinking in sequence and this mental deficiency is what got me into programming computers and ultiamtely posting in the 'pos w/ a p decce six figgy salary so i'm gonna go ahead and say that this idiot MOTHERFUCKER-OP doesn't belong here. just this humble goon's opinion

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
if you're not hypnotized by petite led lights blinking in perfect complicated sequence then gtfo because your idiot neanderthal idiot-brain doesn't belong amognst us blink whispererers

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
stage 1 computer touchers invest in green LEDs. the scubbest of the entry-level tier led lights. most end up failing out of the 100-level programming courses and wind up business majors or dbas or held desk morons or w/e
stage 2 programmers rank up to blue LEDs which is still harmful but not as bad as the green LEDs. they aren't turned on by pro-gaming Razor peripherals but still fall into the common blue-LED 'pro' pitfalls that many others fall into as well. sad
stage 3 software architects understand the true necessity of deploying peripherals that emit only light wavelenghts that don't interfere with their necessary muscle building extended sleep cycles and thusly only purchase the pro-est of pro-tier peripherals. That's right i'm talking about the red-LEDs baby. you'll be feeling sleepy for sleepy time right on schedule to build your alpha muslcles with these bad boys. red LEDs ftw.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Smythe posted:

yeah me too

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Necc0 posted:

stage 1 computer touchers invest in green LEDs. the scubbest of the entry-level tier led lights. most end up failing out of the 100-level programming courses and wind up business majors or dbas or held desk morons or w/e
stage 2 programmers rank up to blue LEDs which is still harmful but not as bad as the green LEDs. they aren't turned on by pro-gaming Razor peripherals but still fall into the common blue-LED 'pro' pitfalls that many others fall into as well. sad
stage 3 software architects understand the true necessity of deploying peripherals that emit only light wavelenghts that don't interfere with their necessary muscle building extended sleep cycles and thusly only purchase the pro-est of pro-tier peripherals. That's right i'm talking about the red-LEDs baby. you'll be feeling sleepy for sleepy time right on schedule to build your alpha muslcles with these bad boys. red LEDs ftw.

what about UV CCFLs

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

atomicthumbs posted:

what about UV CCFLs

cool cancer bulb, idiot

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
i have purchased extra xmas lights to go inside of my computer case

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

bobbilljim posted:

i have purchased extra xmas lights to go inside of my computer case

the intake fan on my case has 4 leds for some reason

luckily you can snip the leads with some sidecutters and the fan still works

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

way to poo poo up this good thread nerds

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Necc0 posted:

lol if you use visible light emitting diodes

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
sitting here with the custom 940nm leds on my laptop presumably blinking on and off, shaking my drat head at you

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

lol at this scrubnub who dont run with dark emitting diodes

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

my pok3r keyboard has blue and red leds under the spacebar to indicate which layer of key commands you're in. i'm considering either sticking electrical tape over them or maybe even desoldering the stupid things because i hate leds

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

maniacdevnull posted:

lol at this scrubnub who dont run with dark emitting diodes

more like dork emitting diodes

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
one of the leds in my keyboard was on the fritz, blinking on and off and for a while i wondered if it was some advanced notification system

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Necc0 posted:

just gotta confirm this one. red leds are the most epic ftw proest there is. i gotta switch over my router lights sometime soon cause they're still only stage 2

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

Necc0 posted:

stage 1 computer touchers

I love how this has become a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'