Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
my favorite part of the tournament, charles barkley pretending to care about college basketball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
These teams are not afraid to launch shots

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

The Glumslinger posted:

Can I get a gently caress Duke?

gently caress duke

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Probably a bunch of you know this already, but fivethirthyeight is attempting live win probabilities for every game this year: http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-march-madness-predictions/

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Nate Silver, don't you try to tell me that Duke has a 69% chance of winning, I don't want to hear that.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Kellen Dunham is heating up.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

elentar posted:

Probably a bunch of you know this already, but fivethirthyeight is attempting live win probabilities for every game this year: http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-march-madness-predictions/

Lol at ZONA vs wsu being a 50 50 game

Catholic Hooker
Mar 30, 2007

Let us resume the gently caress Duke festivities.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
FGCU has a 2% chance! That's the power of MOMENTUM!

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Well it was a good 1st half of dreaming

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
The words I'll utter at the end of my time on this heartless world will be "gently caress Duke."

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
It's gonna suck when Duke rides the back of a hard-fought win in the first game to coast in their next one

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

OctoberBlues posted:

Nate Silver, don't you try to tell me that Duke has a 69% chance of winning, I don't want to hear that.

I'm not sold on their methodology, they're giving equal weight to the S-curve and a weird blend of preseason projections alongside other rating stuff, would rather they just stuck to their own ELO guns or a mix of computer metrics. They'll tend to overrate teams that were overrated to begin with.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

elentar posted:

I'm not sold on their methodology, they're giving equal weight to the S-curve and a weird blend of preseason projections alongside other rating stuff, would rather they just stuck to their own ELO guns or a mix of computer metrics. They'll tend to overrate teams that were overrated to begin with.

NATE SILVER IS A poo poo BOY

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Lmao I love your passion Nick.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Poque posted:

It's gonna suck when Duke rides the back of a hard-fought win in the first game to coast in their next one

At this rate it isn't going to be a hard fought win. Refs aren't helping, UNCW might foul out their entire team.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
This is just like the Anteaters last year :(

Catholic Hooker
Mar 30, 2007

Welp. :suicide:

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy

The Glumslinger posted:

gently caress Duke

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Noooo, UNCW keep winning :(

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Is there a basketball family more hateable than the Plumlees? Like I hate the mother for spawning such fiends. She's like the Lilith of basketball.

John Nance Garner
Aug 16, 2012

Bring your bourbon and cigars to the "Bureau of Education".
There's gonna be upsets as usual, but never at any time was UNC Wilmington over Duke going to be one of them

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I'm pretty sure the dream of Duke losing in the first game is dead. gently caress Duke anyway.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Has UNCW got a single turnover off the press? I can't remember one.

e: Oh hey, almost one there.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

The Glumslinger posted:

Can I get a gently caress Duke?

yah

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Bird in a Blender posted:

I'm pretty sure the dream of Duke losing in the first game is dead. gently caress Duke anyway.

We just aren't focusing our energy enough

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
gently caress duke

oldgoatmon
Jul 4, 2004

Ohhh Bitch, You Got Jacked Bitch
gently caress duke gently caress these refs

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

The dream is dead. :ohdear:

gently caress Duke.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Poonerman posted:

Thread reminder:

:siren: No one cares about your bracket :siren:

Came to post there are zero brackets or games out of the many that I am playing where Texas Tech wins a game so get your poo poo together Butler but since nobody cares about that I will gladly describe my work atmosphere. Nobody cares. About the tournament, or about St. Patrick's Day. I'm doing TV Spots for X-Men, Independence Day and Eddie the Eagle. These LA fucks don't have their priorities in check. Nobody is going to see Eddie the Eagle you guys. Seeing Duke lose however...

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

SeannieDarko posted:

Is there a basketball family more hateable than the Plumlees? Like I hate the mother for spawning such fiends. She's like the Lilith of basketball.

The only other family that comes close to the Plumlees is the Zellers, and they were more "mildly irritating".

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

How do you feel about the Morris twins or the Lopez twins?

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

kiimo posted:

How do you feel about the Morris twins or the Lopez twins?

I remember seeing a Morris twin get T'd in the Zaire Taylor MU-KU game, which turned the momentum in the proper direction.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

UCONN-Colorado is a little underwhelming on offense. 23 points in about 11 minutes of game time.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

I can't hate on the Morris twins because of that hilarious contract they signed. And the Lopez twins because of Robin's hair and his mascot hijinks.

Yeah the Zellers are just annoying.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Jesus Christ a Duke player just drives into the lane and it's automatically a foul.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Duke wasn't gonna lose this game, so no Seahawks Bitch.

Now against Baylor Bitch on Saturday...:getin:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Oh god, ISU is about to start. No one at work better talk to me.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

lol at these people calling my work phone, yeah, like I'm going to answer that you bozos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
oh no we're both hurt so badly so very very badly

• Locked thread