Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

JFairfax fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jul 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Sterling is loving crap, get Howson in there

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Some decent players in that squad but hard to pick a balanced side imo. None of the wide options are inspiring so bring back the Terry Venables christmas tree formation

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Agreed, but while Sterling cannot finish for poo poo him and / or Walcott providing wide pace on the break feeding into Vardey could be good.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
its a shame rooney will start every game if he's fit instead of kane and vardy

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Hopefully he doesn't have enough time to get fit for the Euros.

Wayne Rooney
Injury: Medial knee ligament injury
Estimated return date: Setback. Late April / Early May.

Having been pictured for the first time without his knee brace, speculation suggested Wayne Rooney was ahead of schedule in his recovery from a knee ligament injury. However, Van Gaal was quick to quash rumours of an impending return.

‘He still has weeks to go,’ he said. ‘He is not close. I cannot say how many weeks, as you never know. It is a conservative healing what we are doing with the brace, not an operation or something like that.’

The setback could delay the captain’s reappearance in the first team by up-to a month.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/03/15/manch.../#ixzz43BvWFXrH

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I can't actually believe that Woy would start Rooney over Kane or Vardy. It would be insane.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

I can't actually believe that Woy would start Rooney over Kane or Vardy. It would be insane.

He can't drop his captain or whatever.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
He should make Joe Hart captain.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
That kit is loving horrendous. How hard is it to make it all white?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

JFairfax posted:

He should make Joe Hart captain.

Why would he make the second best goalkeeper captain?

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

It'll be all white on the night.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

How hard is it to make it all white?

Not hard just vote Trump

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
No shawcross lol, I'm sure Jagielka is just as good

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Joe Jackson, 1958

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

This our best team in ages.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

This has to be the easiest group ever that England will not qualify from.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Its coming home
Its coming home
Its coming
Footballs COming Home
Its comeing home
its coming home

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
actually OP this year's Euro is in France

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

track day bro! posted:

Its coming home
Its coming home
Its coming
Footballs COming Home
Its comeing home
its coming home

(without a trophy)

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Blue Star Error posted:

Some decent players in that squad but hard to pick a balanced side imo. None of the wide options are inspiring so bring back the Terry Venables christmas tree formation

Yeah this is my thought two. Vardy, Sturridge and Kane are all legitimately good options up front and all offer something unique but I can't see any of them being played at the same time.

Hart; Clyne, Stones, Smalling, Bertand; Dier, Alli, Henderson; Lallana, Sterling; Kane

That looks to be decent enough but can't help but feel that they'd be better off going tye Leicester route and worry less about possession and more about counter attacking with pace. If that's the case I'd swap out Kane for Vardy.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Why would you want any defenders from Everton?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Ewar Woowar posted:

Yeah this is my thought two. Vardy, Sturridge and Kane are all legitimately good options up front and all offer something unique but I can't see any of them being played at the same time.

Hart; Clyne, Stones, Smalling, Bertand; Dier, Alli, Henderson; Lallana, Sterling; Kane

That looks to be decent enough but can't help but feel that they'd be better off going tye Leicester route and worry less about possession and more about counter attacking with pace. If that's the case I'd swap out Kane for Vardy.

Hart, Stones, Lallana and Sterling all have no business being in that team

Butland, Cahill (it should be shawcross but lol england), Milner and Vardy to replace them

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
its coming home

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
lol if walcott gets a single loving minute after this seasons form

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Byolante posted:

Butland, Cahill (it should be shawcross but lol england), Milner and Vardy to replace them

Milner has been bad for Liverpool this year and Lallana has been good. If you're picking someone to play on the wing based on form you want Lallana at the moment, not Milner.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

vyelkin posted:

Milner has been bad for Liverpool this year and Lallana has been good. If you're picking someone to play on the wing based on form you want Lallana at the moment, not Milner.

Just flood the midfield with cloggers and greece the way to victory. Kane + Vardy as a big man/little man partnership with long balls over the midfield all day long.

edit: forgot drinkwater made the squad, him instead of milner then.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Byolante posted:

Maybe i have just not watched enough man city this season but i still rate Hart as the best england goalkeeper at the moment, unless in truly horrific form you don't want to change them and he has more experience of the big stage than the others, IMHO he should stay unless he is God awful in the warm up friendlies

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Mean Bean Machine posted:

its coming home

Please don't troll this thread

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

It's coming

Home

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
mmmm lets get some code tags going people

code:
 hart clyne cahill smalling bertrand dier henderson lallana alli sterling vardy
mmm tasty

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

mmmm lets get some code tags going people

code:
 hart clyne cahill smalling bertrand dier henderson lallana alli sterling vardy
mmm tasty

I'd also take Vardy over Kane tbh but I can't see Hodgson doing the same.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Hart - Jagielka Cahill Smalling Walker - Milner Barkley Henderson Sterling - Welbeck Sturridge

Lallana on for Milner at the hour mark, Kane for Welbeck after 75, Walcott primed and ready to go at any point, mmm yes baby it's football and it's coming home

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

welbeck is a wasteman and shouldnt be in the starting line up above vardy, kane, or hell, even walcott

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Why are there three women in that pic?

Forster is obviously England's best keeper, but I'm glad it'll be Hart.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I think big John Terry has one more international tournament in him, we should make him captain.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
I hope Wayne Rooney gets fit in time for this tournament and starts in all of England's three matches that they will take part in.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

track day bro! posted:

I think big John Terry has one more international tournament in him, we should make him captain.

agreed and bring back fat frank and stevie g to give our midfield some proper passion

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
There's something about the biennial English football collapse that really gets me damp

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March
Can't wait for England to to win Euro 2016, going to be a great day, let's all just take a moment to think about it. Lovely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Bit early for this type of thread IMO but 6/10 for effort OP

• Locked thread