Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I, for example, thought Perez was a fraud until this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

It's insane that people put that much effort into searching old posts itt.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

BubbaGrace posted:

Jack Baruth from the very relevant magazine Road & Track with the Facebook post of the year.

loving saved that poo poo so hard

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

wicka posted:

Actually I think you'll find that

wicka posted:

the internet? it is definitely poo poo

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

Its weird but I don't think it's a big secret that I said Rosberg was going to lose the WDC unless he changed his approach and then he did.

Incidentally this was my favorite post of the year:

wicka posted:

ban riso-to-forums telemetry

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

1500quidporsche posted:

Its weird but I don't think it's a big secret that I said Rosberg was going to lose the WDC unless he changed his approach and then he did.

So he's going to lose, unless he wins

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

To be more specific in the past I've thought Rosberg was generally good for outpacing Hamilton on occasion but crumpled like a wet paper bag any time he was put under any sort of pressure or overdrove the car when he wasn't as fast as Lewis and that usually meant him scoring way lower than he should've and that was killing any shot at a championship.

I can guarantee atleast one of those quotes was probably relatively soon after Austria, he'd been good up to that point but instead of putting second in the bag on a day where he didn't have the pace he went for that move on Hamilton that was never going to work and was significantly worse for it.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

julian assflange posted:

I told you he would have to join Kanye in the psyche ward
Loses championship and is physically unable to get out of bed. As opposed to Are Rossie who lost the championship last year and what did he do subsequently? Yeah, won like 10 races in a row and then the next WDC. An indomitable iron will, Are Rossie.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

That's a pro save right there, holy poo poo

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Lewis soothes the sting of losing the title by drinking and partying like a normal lad. Last year Nico spent his time shamefully fishing brats out of the Monaco sea iirc

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

GramCracker posted:

That's a pro save right there, holy poo poo

Not as good as Max's save in Brazil :smug:

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Your balls must be loving drained judging from your recent posts. :v:

Always a favorite photo of mine,

"Hey Lewis, cong-- well poo poo, that doesn't look normal."

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

As I've said previously, Lewis is a twat and all of his misfortunes should be celebrated.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Falken posted:

Always a favorite photo of mine,

"Hey Lewis, cong-- well poo poo, that doesn't look normal."

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
I've been watching the post race driver conference as well as some interviews and it's amazing how much of a different person Rosberg is. It's as if that's who he actually is as a person, kinda cool and good maybe.

McMadCow
Jan 19, 2005

With our rifles and grenades and some help from God.

GramCracker posted:

I've been watching the post race driver conference as well as some interviews and it's amazing how much of a different person Rosberg is. It's as if that's who he actually is as a person, kinda cool and good maybe.

It was like his post race interview with Lee showed him 15 years younger, talking about how scary and awful is was out there with everyone closing in on him. "It was terrible!"

Pacinamac
Jun 15, 2001
I CAN'T EVEN BE BOTHERED TO READ ANY FORUM SPECIFIC RULES BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE TOO MUCH TIME TAKEN AWAY FROM STICKING THINGS UP MY ASS
Lewis is the most insufferable driver I've ever witness in 30 years of following Formula 1. Every time he is on the camera I cringe. Trying to sabotage his teammates race was really loving petulant. I hope Merc drops him.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Pacinamac posted:

Lewis is the most insufferable driver I've ever witness in 30 years of following Formula 1. Every time he is on the camera I cringe. Trying to sabotage his teammates race was really loving petulant. I hope Merc drops him.

In a sport where drivers have crashed into each other to claim a championship, what Lewis did is pretty tame.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Alright lads, I think its fallen to me to make the offseason thread. Give me 10 minutes and two beers and I'll get this done.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

1500quidporsche posted:

Alright lads, I think its fallen to me to make the offseason thread. Give me 10 minutes and two beers and I'll get this done.

Do me a favor and copy the list of links in the OP to previous threads, and add this one in. I don't know why we do it but we do.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Lewis is cool and good.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

pik_d posted:

In a sport where drivers have crashed into each other to claim a championship, what Lewis did is pretty tame.

Exactly. All Nico had to do was take out his Lewis if he got backed up too far and he would have won anyway.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

gret posted:

Lewis is cool and good.

for me to poop on

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

pik_d posted:

Do me a favor and copy the list of links in the OP to previous threads, and add this one in. I don't know why we do it but we do.

Can do.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3799863

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

El Hefe posted:

for me to poop on

Lewis isn't the German one

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

1500quidporsche posted:

Try 2 minutes and 10 beers.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

(beaten, but) HEY Mannnnnnnn!

GramCracker posted:

The only interviews worth watching were the ones with Jense being cool and drunk and goofing on everything. I will miss him, and have to start watching whatever series he ends up racing in.

RIP in peace Jenson Button's F1 career.
2000 - 2016
:rip:

Holy poo poo new thread... OK bye.

Ecstatic
Sep 30, 2010

NtotheTC posted:

e: See also: people who were fans of Mark Webber throughout the Vettelreich.

Webber was cool when he was just being Webber but when he was the Australian excuse machine 2011 -2013 he was pretty painful.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/38185846

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

E: I should have known there'd be a new worst thread by now. But for some reason the thread isn't locked and the last post in it doesn't link to the new one.

There, fixed. Partly.

simplefish fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Dec 2, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Lewis Hamilton is probably loving beaming right now

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

simplefish posted:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/38185846

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

E: I should have known there'd be a new worst thread by now. But for some reason the thread isn't locked and the last post in it doesn't link to the new one.

There, fixed. Partly.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Is December 2nd some sort of April Fools in England?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Lewis Hamilton is probably loving beaming right now

Why would Lewis be happy that this loving fraud snake slithered off before Lewis could prove what an absolute fluke this "victory" was?

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I mean he's got gently caress you money, now a WDC, and a young family. Do you, boo.

What does Lewis have to look forward to post racing? Some people who tell him he's not bad at rapping?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fluke champion. At leats James Hunt was a loving rockstar.

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Isn't today the day the trophy gets presented to him?

Must be deliberate to choose to make the announcement just before...

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Ecstatic posted:

Webber was cool when he was just being Webber but when he was the Australian excuse machine 2011 -2013 he was pretty painful.

Webber was always a poo poo oval office, much like the other Australian who drives for red bull who sucks rear end.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Hey guys, new offseason thread is here:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3799863

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
I PMed the mods to see if one of them could close this thread.

• Locked thread