Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

:siren: Episode 30 – "Goemon has millions of bugs..."

CURRENT GAME OVER COUNT: D͋i̊͜ȇ̠͈̥̦̹͐͗͗̈́̋̈͜,̣̖̺͍̭̽͆ ̴̟̙̺̞̻̩ͥĻ̯̺͇̑̋P̶̻͙̖ͥͩ!͎̠͖͐̓ͩ̅̌͡ ̢̹̳̯̰̦̪͙ͤ͗ͯ͆̎̄Y̰̳͖̘̜̯͂̆͊́o͈̲̤͉͍͓͌ͬ́̽̂ͨ̚u̘͕͐̔̀ d̥̯͇̟̱̙͋o͉̩̰̞̔ṋ̳̥͊͊'̴̫͈͇̜̦ͥͬ͑tͦ̾ͤ ̤̞̯̦ͦͫ͒͗ͮͨ͑b̝̝̉̑̈̅͛è̋ͯl͍̯̲̫̑ͩ́o̖̖͎̠̎n̫̩̖͔͈̤͐ͩ̆̇̒g̴̗͔͔ ̡̰̩̯̺ͥ͆̀i̫̘̜͈͓ͮn̲̦̠̣̠̘̓͌̍̏ͦ ̷̩̗͚t̥̤̑̆̉͑͐̉͊͡h͓̹̱̾͆̓ͥ̿͌̏i̳͙̥̻ͦ͆ͭ̒̈́͢ş̜̺̺̭̙̘̈́̉̀̒ ̙̭͊͑̌́ͪ̓ͭẉ̵̑ͤ̆ͨ̎o̮̯͖ͩͯ̃̄͑̅rͤ͏͕̪̱̳͚l̲̪̋ͅḑ̱̹ͣ̿͆̓!̳̥͔̠̬̞

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I wonder if some Konami higher up just told the dev team to stick an advertisement in for that school bit and this was the easiest way to shove it right in.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

That was hilarious. Quite frankly the whole "shady phone sex job turns out to be child counseling" is probably the best gag in the game, I'm glad there was more.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
This got real in all kinds of ways. :gbsmith:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
jesus that sidequest

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Yeah that sidequest needs checkpoints.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

:siren: Episode 31 – The Pre-Taped Let's Play Show: UC Gundam Primer + Dream Castle, part 2

CURRENT GAME OVER COUNT: w̮̘͍̫̝ͦ̾ͬͨ̅̚ȋ͍̮͇̣̊̆̊l̹̭̬̖̯̤̰ͦ̅̃͟l̺̺̮̜ͤ͋͛͐̍ͨ̽͢ͅͅ ̘̜̘̫͓̠̳͆͆́̀s͔͔̩̲̈ͩͤ̒͒̓ȏ̅ͥ̕m̖̞͔͉͖̠̻ͩ͂̌́͞e̦͊͗̕o̩̒ͅn̒̔e͊̆̑ͧ̄̇͠ p̯̗͖̗͕̀̅̎̇͌͋l̷̺̞̫̪͕̝̻̂̆ͬe̹̫͑̒͌̾͘ǟ̩̹̱͈̦̆̇s̗̖̤̆͒̋̆̈́́͑e̶̞̠̰̿͛̌̓́ͅ ͚̟͓̈́̋̄̌̐̊c̝̣̤͟ù̾ͦ̑e͈̠̻̱͚ͅͅ ̞̰̹̮̲̫̈́̉ͯ̓ͪ̈́͢t͙ͦ͘ͅh̛͈̥̫̮̥̺̃̆̈́a̰̜͚̺̪̎̒̾̍̋͐͐t͛̌ͫͥ͛̚҉ ̘ͯ͊b̈́̒ͧ҉̬i͙͕͕͔̳͖ͦͨ̆ͭ̎ͧ͌r̮͍̰̹͙̲̫̀̚d̝̙̺͕̓̃ͪ͆̉͌ͯ

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
Sad that wasn't a tipping40s podcast teach me segment.

Also lotta promoves from minifoo.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Good thing you didn't toxx yourself, because Kuvo probably would've just taken all your lives :v:

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
Kuvo, I am so very disappointed that you forgot Char's Counterattack and Crossbone Gundam. Hand in your Gundam Nerd ID this instant!

And that one platform that killed Minifoo like three times is pretty much the reason I always used Sasuke on that area. Just sit on the hand and spam his flying kunai until everything is dead before jumping in.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

MiniFoo posted:

Is anybody here familiar with ripping/extracting 3D models from N64 games? I need something specific that I can work with in Blender, but haven't found any good tutorials online (because I can only imagine how the process differs between games and emulators).

Starting to think this isn't worth it... I'd have to fix the UV mapping and also somehow bone/weight it as each body part is made of separate low-poly 3D models (like pretty much every N64 game – this is how the emulator extracted the model, by the way, so no T-pose for me to easily work from). After that, I'd need to rip some more models and do the same thing, then animate it all. Too much effort for so little payoff.

MiniFoo posted:

To whoever's crazy enough to tally up how many player deaths Kuvo and I have, individually, up to this point, there's something nice in it for you :)

This is still up for grabs, though!

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

:siren: Episode 32 – Dream Castle, part 1 of 2
:siren: Episode -2 – Drift Backwards-Incompatibility

CURRENT GAME OVER COUNT: 38.5

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
that highlights video is fantastic

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Welp, there goes my game over guess.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Hahahaha, incredible. Great editing work.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

The level of bullshit here is unreal.

evilspacehopper
Oct 10, 2012

Hinawa remembered in death as she was in life: endlessly eating birds.
Never get tired of that game over screen.

I'm surprised you didn't try the Sasuke/Yae combo for the first part, I know Kuvo said about it. Either way that was a good watch, the castle always bring out the best (or worst) bullshit.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I don't remember, did this game have disappearing blocks? Or was that too much even for them?

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Glad you all liked the video editing so far, but tune in tomorrow morning* for my crowning achievement of the LP. Also, time's running out for someone to do me a favor and count up how many actual deaths we each have (not GAME OVERS) if they want a reward.**

evilspacehopper posted:

Never get tired of that game over screen.

I'm surprised you didn't try the Sasuke/Yae combo for the first part, I know Kuvo said about it. Either way that was a good watch, the castle always bring out the best (or worst) bullshit.

Wouldn't have protected us from the true enemies (bottomless pits and bad camera).

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I don't remember, did this game have disappearing blocks? Or was that too much even for them?

You mean a la Heat Man? At least Mega Man 2 runs at 60fps the majority of the time, haha.

*more likely noon PST or later
**Oh, what the hell... a non-animated, Goemon-related avatar. Not gonna buy it for you, though, sorry

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

MiniFoo posted:

You mean a la Heat Man? At least Mega Man 2 runs at 60fps the majority of the time, haha.

It also let you skip it with Item 2. And I bet if Goemon had that section they'd add in enemies too.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Zanzibar Ham posted:

It also let you skip it with Item 2. And I bet if Goemon had that section they'd add in enemies too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_A2zF_IgOs&t=5697s

Close enough (also I forgot that this stage's music is really good).

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

:siren: Episode 33 – 合体せよ!ストロングインパクト!!

CURRENT GAME OVER COUNT: 38.5

MiniFoo fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Nov 20, 2016

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

BangBangBang! Commando of the Galaxy

MiniFoo posted:

Also, time's running out for someone to do me a favor and count up how many actual deaths we each have (not GAME OVERS) if they want a reward.

Working on getting this done.

As of the end of World 2: Kuvo has died 46 times, and Minfoo has died 39 times. Collectively they have used 8 surprise packs, failed 2 mini-games, and Minifoo has died three times in impact battles.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

The Heavenator posted:

Working on getting this done.

As of the end of World 2: Kuvo has died 46 times, and Minfoo has died 39 times. Collectively they have used 8 surprise packs, failed 2 mini-games, and Minifoo has died three times in impact battles.

:allears:

Also when are you gonna finish your LP, huh? You can't just leave everyone hanging like that!

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Atrocious Machine - Devil Death God might be the best name for a video game boss ever.

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

:siren:Total Death Countfor now:siren:

Minigame failures: 17

Number of surprise packs in normal episodes: 31
Number of surprise packs in lost episodes: 21
Number of surprise packs in single player episodes: 6
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total number of surprise packs: 58

Number of times Kuvo has died in normal episodes: 75
Number of times Minifoo has died normal episodes: 79
Number of times Kuvo has died in the lost episodes: 69
Number of times Minifoo has died in the lost episodes: 93
Number of times Kuvo has died in impact battles: 3
Number of times Minifoo has died in impact battles: 5 (one of which was in a lost episode)
Number of times Minifoo has died in single player episodes: 7
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total Deaths: 331
Game Over Equivalents: 55

Kuvo is responsible for 44.4% of the deaths, and Minifoo is responsible for 55.6%. The two lost episodes account for 49.2% of the deaths. In the highlight reels of the lost episodes Kuvo died 18 times, and Minifoo died 24 times.

The Heavenator fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Aug 29, 2016

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
Now we know who is the superior ninja

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

The Heavenator posted:

Number of times Minifoo has died in impact battles: 5 (one of which was in a lost episode)

Kuvo is responsible for 44.4% of the deaths, and Minifoo is responsible for 55.6%. The two lost episodes account for 49.2% of the deaths. In the highlight reels of the lost episodes Kuvo died 18 times, and Minifoo died 24 times.

:stare: That's... more data than I anticipated. You, sir, have completely gone beyond the call of duty and I love it. Send me a PM with what you would like for your shiny new avatar, and I'll get started on it as soon as I post the final update!

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

MiniFoo posted:

:stare: That's... more data than I anticipated. You, sir, have completely gone beyond the call of duty and I love it.

You say that, but I've decided to go back through the LP again to get even more granular data. Being unemployed is fun.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

I just got around to watching this and holy crap, the editing you put in on that Impact intro is incredible. What a video.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The Heavenator posted:

Now we need total playtime for each of them, because I kinda get the feeling that would explain some things...

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

hi

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
sup

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
How you doin'.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yag shemash.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

That was a real sweet AMV there, but it felt weird without かわいい scrolling across the screen a million times.
8/10.
Really tho, goddamn dude

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Zenostein posted:

That was a real sweet AMV there, but it felt weird without かわいい scrolling across the screen a million times.
8/10.
Really tho, goddamn dude

このプロジェクトについて忘れていませんでした。 ごめんなさい。最終更新はすぐになります。それまでは、音楽の「vocal ver.」をお楽しみ下さい。

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YB0IfarJ8Y&hd=1

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hds9f0C-1o

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Stay strong, Goemon.