Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Crazy Ted posted:

Duke won so in spite of all that has happened I cannot call it a perfect opening round.

Yale gonna win tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

The Glumslinger posted:

He was still touching the ball as the clock expired

It was literally the most edge case of all time

Seems bogus. If he's doing the shooting motion it should count, especially if it's in the cylinder and going downward.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Jastiger posted:

Seems bogus. If he's doing the shooting motion it should count, especially if it's in the cylinder and going downward.
A dunk with no time left should count for three points. Cincinnati should be awarded the victory.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I want to see MTSU vs Little Rock in the Elite 8 game. Or at least vs Butler.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I would like to remind everyone that most of the world thinks soccer is riveting. And much like college football, most of the world has no idea that college basketball and the NCAA tournament exists.

Haha. Wow.

drat.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I want to see MTSU vs Little Rock in the Elite 8 game. Or at least vs Butler.

I love you bro.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Nah gently caress butler

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Goddamn Denver prices need to go down, I am not paying $150 to watch Iowa State/Little Rock and Utah/Gonzaga from the drat nosebleeds.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

MourningView posted:

Nah gently caress butler

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo.

We don't play lovely slowball anymore, MV!!! We dunk the ball!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Chinatown posted:

I would like to remind everyone that most of the world thinks soccer is riveting. And much like college football, most of the world has no idea that college basketball and the NCAA tournament exists.

Haha. Wow.

drat.

There has been exactly one good soccer game ever and that was Germany vs Brazil which, to be fair, was the best sporting event of all time.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

There has been exactly one good soccer game ever and that was Germany vs Brazil which, to be fair, was the best sporting event of all time.

I don't think I have laughed harder at a bar, ever.

I watch the highlights every once in awhile on youtube to get a bit of that high back.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

surrender posted:

I kind of wanted to Texas to win but that was sooooooo much funnier

Yeah and Texas would have beaten us somehow, we had much more to lose than to gain in that matchup.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

This day was so insane that it became great despite my team losing in a historic upset.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

World Cup has tons of good games every time

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Dango Bango posted:

FARUCKMANESH AND I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO SPELL THAT

Farokhmanesh, I think.

I missed all that because I had to hunt down a cat in the dark for half an hour, but drat, that looked like fun. A good March Madness.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

SeannieDarko posted:

Speaking of slow, lovely ball, why did they stop the Wisc/Pitt game halfway through?

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Toilet Mouth posted:

Yeah and Texas would have beaten us somehow, we had much more to lose than to gain in that matchup.

duh, texas wouldve beat a&m and OU, and baylor wouldve beaten everyone else in their easy rear end bracket, but the committee cheated to make sure they lost the first round due to hacking/cheating. now its time for yale to win it all since baylor only loses to eventual champions in even years, its the only way their loss will make sense

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

The Glumslinger posted:

Speaking of slow, lovely ball, why did they stop the Wisc/Pitt game halfway through?

:rimshot:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Probably Magic posted:

Farokhmanesh, I think.

I missed all that because I had to hunt down a cat in the dark for half an hour, but drat, that looked like fun. A good March Madness.

Well don't keep us waiting did you capture the majestic feline?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Metapod posted:

Well don't keep us waiting did you capture the majestic feline?

Thankfully, yes. Her name is Hope. Insert all the jokes here.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Probably Magic posted:

I have my cats and their dog friend sleeping on the couch all in a row.

I'm glad you caught your cat.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Thank you so much March. Let Yale win tomorrow, please.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Probably Magic posted:

Does she leave every afternoon during football season?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Texas lost on a BUZZER BEATER!?

Ahahahahahahaha gently caress

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Metapod posted:

Does she leave every afternoon during football season?

They say that when Pandora's Box was open, only hope did not escape out into the world.

That's an apt metaphor for football season for me.

Smashlampjaw
Aug 16, 2008
I'm alittle laaaaaaaaaaaaaaate on this cause my phone died at bw3s but gently caress YEAH NORTHEN IOWA that loving SHOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smashlampjaw fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Mar 19, 2016

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

if notre dame and duke dont lose in the rd of 32, this first round will have been completely wasted

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Quest For Glory II posted:

if notre dame and duke dont lose in the rd of 32, this first round will have been completely wasted

My biggest fear knowing how wide open this tournament is was that a lesser Duke team would somehow win it all

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Quest For Glory II posted:

Life is full of imperfections but it is up to us to still see the beauty that is given to us in this world

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

SeannieDarko posted:

Look if the worst stretch in the history of your program featured some doofus talking endlessly about "the Iowa way" you'd hold a grudge too

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
im still laughing. i listened to the radio cast with pj "latrell's bitch" carlesimo. niu!!!!!!!!!

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

NickRoweFillea posted:

im still laughing. i listened to the radio cast with pj "latrell's bitch" carlesimo. niu!!!!!!!!!

the heck tournament were you listening too that had northern illinois in it

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Vegas16, which is actually just 8 teams.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

New thread is up for the 2nd round games.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3769021

• Locked thread