Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dirt
May 26, 2003

Sheep-Goats posted:

When white people go doodle doodle doodle do on their guitar I can't stand it, even when it's Stevie Ray, maybe especially when its Stevie Ray

Stevie Ray is just the white man stealing from a legit black bluesman(albert king).

gently caress that cracker rear end fake blues guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Flash!

Bam!

Alakazam!

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Nooner posted:

fallout: NV is probably the best video game ever made gently caress that was a fun game, too bad the DLC sucked so much

I didn't get the hype with NV until I played the DLC. The way they tied together was rad, but yeah some of them sucked. Old World Blues was good.

Sierra Madre (my fav) was a refreshing departure from the regular gameplay, but your affection towards it was proportional to how many points you had in melee/stealth at the time.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
When I try to play NV now all my enthusiasm for the new thing I'm going to try dies the minute I get past that building south of Primm with gently caress YOU written on the door and I end up consoling in a bunch of 308 ammo and just going with it. Before this happens I am always looking forward to Dead Money the most because the writing in it is actually good. It feels kinda like Morrowind feels.

I hate Old World Blues and never play though it.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
bingo bango bongo im so happy in the congo woah oh woah oh ohhh ohhhhhhhhh

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
let's go sunnin'

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

the great deceiver posted:

bingo bango bongo im so happy in the congo woah oh woah oh ohhh ohhhhhhhhh

It's crazy what difference a couple years make - an actual racist rear end song gets into one game and no one bats an eye, come the 4th everyone's going on about how its cis het scum cause the trailer has a dude in a dress as a punchline.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

Fellbat posted:

It's crazy what difference a couple years make - an actual racist rear end song gets into one game and no one bats an eye, come the 4th everyone's going on about how its cis het scum cause the trailer has a dude in a dress as a punchline.

it was in fallout 4 too tho

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

The radio station in 4 sucks so hard compared to NV that it's really cut down into my gaming pleasure. Like, yeah, Fallout 4 is a good game, but it's no NV. The player is too much of a sad sack, just like in 3. Same sad sack songs from 3 as well, just a bunch of "ironic" songs from the 40s that are liking, hitting you over the head with the contrast between the pre-war and post-war worlds.

Give me being a free-ranging, mystery-motives, big-ironing courier any day over "oh no looking for my dad/son and the wasteland is so bad not like the good old days/safety of the vault.''

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

the great deceiver posted:

it was in fallout 4 too tho

Haha are you serious. It's so weird what picks up traction with the internet and what doesn't.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Fellbat posted:

Haha are you serious. It's so weird what picks up traction with the internet and what doesn't.

human being

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

After hearing this song i challegbe anyineb on gbs to a gun duel.

22 million dollars are the stakes and i better win cause i can't pay

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

Cool, cool. You gonna be top or bottom? I'm new at this and you seem to know the ropes better then me.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Fellbat posted:

Cool, cool. You gonna be top or bottom? I'm new at this and you seem to know the ropes better then me.

bad post

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Fellbat posted:

that song seems like it's trying to also be counter-racist or something since the overall message is "haha idiot white people"

Tom Gorman posted:

i've got spurs that jingle jangle jingle

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
The girl who runs the arena is in love with me and I love her back and she's my bae and we do the sex act every time I see her we are so in love it's amazing.

Tom Gorman posted:

i've got spurs that jingle jangle jingle

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Jesus christ, goons. NV is the worst Fallout game.

It's a worse Fallout game than the live action made for TV Ewok movie.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Frankenstyle posted:

Do you know: words can hurt?

*starts vomiting and crying*

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Frankenstyle posted:

don't be the guy who comes in to say oblivion is great and fallout 3 is the best one or whatever

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
Encapsulated within it's time and despite its many flaws fallout 3 is at least noteworthy but New Vegas was good old fashioned one upsmanship and a linear upgrade in every fashion. They came in and made Bethesda look like clowns, which you know what?

They were. The good side of that is that you don't need to pick a favorite because we aren't 12 and Bethesda seemed to take that clowning to heart given that Skyrim was uniformly a better product out of the gates than Oblivion was. They seemed to have regressed with 4 but bizarrely will probably put out a really competent dlc or four that make the game an alright buy at a 20-30 dollar price point.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
im sure Bethesda devs are reasonably competent and that their games work half as well as they do is kind of impressive but I think they are very lazy and use that exact reasoning to let people playing their games come naturally to their defense. their engine is a rickety piece of poo poo for what they are trying to do with it and when I heard they were working on five I could only assume it was to push a game out with the current gameplay and graphics expectations without having to overhaul their tech

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Shaquin posted:

don't be the guy who comes in to say oblivion is great and fallout 3 is the best one or whatever

Oblivion is boring, but not as bad as Skyrim. F3 is may be best, but 1 and 2 are close contenders.

To be fair I never played the NV DLC, and I heard it makes it better. But my biggest problem was the boring map, with all the invisible walls, that was delineated into "Here's the spot with fire ants" and "Here's Super Mutant Hill" in a really contrived way. Plus crafting felt like a lot of futzing around for little payoff, and the humor felt forced.

Lord Frankenstyle fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Mar 19, 2016

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
well whaddaya knowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

sout
Apr 24, 2014

4's way more fun than 3 is, about as dumb and probably less good as an RPG.
1, 2 are good.
New Vegas is real good.

I think I played 5 minutes of Tactics and I never played that lovely BoS game.

The good news is I've probably played NV enough times now that I don't feel the need to replay it for a while, which is good because that would be super bad for productivity.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

like that game but i turn off a radio when that song is playing on the radio because i get sick of it reall. easy and some times ill shoot the radio that is playing it even though it doesnt do anything because some radios i dont think you can turn them off

i havent played 4 and im worried a bout spoiler so i will go now god byre

edit

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Frankenstyle posted:

Oblivion is boring, but not as bad as Skyrim. F3 is may be best, but 1 and 2 are close contenders.

To be fair I never played the NV DLC, and I heard it makes it better. But my biggest problem was the boring map, with all the invisible walls, that was delineated into "Here's the spot with fire ants" and "Here's Super Mutant Hill" in a really contrived way. Plus crafting felt like a lot of futzing around for little payoff, and the humor felt forced.

i thought that at first but i played it a lot and its reall. good and you should play it more, you just cant do the hill jumping thing that i used to do in all the other games in that engine but you dont need to do it when you get used to it. and you dont have to craft anything i only started doing that when i finished it a couple of times. plus it has johnny five aces for real

edit: forgot i was going okay thank

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

smh this thread is about dumb video game poo poo and not the classic western flick or legendary guitarist? fucin goon

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Every npc in ultima7 had like a house and a daily routine and unique conversation trees and it was made in like 92

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Profondo Rosso posted:

smh this thread is about dumb video game poo poo and not the classic western flick or legendary guitarist? fucin goon

ask lowtax nice and maybe he'll make an old folk's home subforum for you and genesplicer to post in, grandpa

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Hell Yes, Johnny Guitar Watson:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z-hKprKdII

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OiQwV-b6a4

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Whoa, son. I'm guessing you just rolled up into town and don't know how things are done here. Well, If there's one thing you don't do around here...it's INSULT VIDEO GAMES :mad:

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I think lonestar shinedown is my favorite song, too bad it doesn't play on the station with Mr. New Vegas

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe
HE WHACKING HE WHACKING HE WHACKING. HE CHOPPIN HE CHOPPIN HE CHOPPIN

A Tasteful Nude
Jun 3, 2013

A cool anime hagrid pic (imagine nude pls)
I like when that marty robins song about big iron comes on right when you're gonna shoot some men.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sonLd-32ns4

I like this one :shobon:

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
Johnny was a schoolboy when he heard his first Beatle song
'Love Me Do,' I think it was. From there it didn't take him long
Got himself a guitar, used to play every night
Now he's in a rock 'n' roll outfit

And everything's all right, don't you know?

Johnny told his mama, hey, "Mama, I'm goin' away. I'm gonna hit the big
Time, gonna be a big star someday", Yeah
Mama came to the door with a teardrop in her eye
Johnny said, "Don't cry, mama.", smiled and waved good-bye

Don't you know, yeah yeah, Don't you know that you are a shooting star
Don't you know, don't you know. Don't you know that you are
A shooting star, And all the world will love you just as long
As long as you are

Johnny made a record, Went straight up to number one
Suddenly everyone loved to hear him sing the song
Watching the world go by, surprising it goes so fast
Johnny looked around him and said, 'Well, I made the big time at last'

Don't you know, don't you know, Don't you know that you are
A shooting star
Don't you know, oh, yeah, Don't you know that you are
A shooting star, yeah
And all the world will love you just as long
As long as you are, a shooting star

Don't you know that you are a shooting star, Don't you know, yeah
Don't you know that you are a shooting star, now
And all the world will love you just as long, As long you are you

Johnny died one night, died in his bed, Bottle of whiskey
Sleeping tablets by his head. Johnny's life passed him by like a
Warm summer day, If you listen to the wind you can still hear him play

Oh oh oh, Don't you know that you are a shooting star
Don't you know, yeah, don't you know', Don't you know that
You are a shooting star
Don't you know, yeah
Don't you know that you are a shooting star
Don't you, don't you
Don't you, don't you
Don't you know, don't you
Know, oh, yeah, you are
Yeah, a shooting star, yeah, oh
Oh oh oh oh......
Don't you, don't you know
That you are a shooting star
Don't you don't you know......

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Does anybody like Grand gently caress Railroad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

A Tasteful Nude posted:

I like when that marty robins song about big iron comes on right when you're gonna shoot some men.

Fun to kill people to the cheery sounds of Dean Martin too. NV is great.

• Locked thread