Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Virigoth posted:

Once we finish gathering for Operation Cooking do we have any plans on how we are going to cook this? We probably need to figure out who is where on lvls and the best way to spread XP so we get a good level distribution out of it. I'd like to hit Lvl 27 for Citrus Coolers if we can make it and then kind of take ownership of the citrus cooler supply for our main Gatherers so they don't run out. It fits well with me moving over to primary Snakes for combat and having the Gather Citrus action + I'll make some orchards on Torrid Isle.

http://amar.bornofsnails.net/man/my_guild/highscores/cooking/total

The manual is the best manual ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Virigoth posted:

yeah I get that we can see levels but I meant actually dividing up who cooks what to get people to a level to cook certain things by doing this cooking. Do we want to push one person super high cooking or a few people to around lvl 30?

Oh, right. Yes, that won't be easy. Can we math out if one person is even able to cook all of it? Otherwise the goal would be to push 1-2 persons up with the things that give most xp and have Xerol do the remains :p

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

pixaal posted:

Why not, in as ImAHorriblePancakeMonster

Troubling nickname for worldchat spotted.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

pixaal posted:

Is there a limit, RP reason, or just going to be really annoying due to length? I look to be stretch the online list which is great.

I'm surprised it let me have a name this long almost nothing does.

A bit up the last page, someone named OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO had to change his name, but we'll see how it goes.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

neogeo0823 posted:

But how would they know? I mean, I guess if the manual was being opened to a hundred different pages by the same IP at the same time, I guess they could detect that, but otherwise, how would they know?
Every time you access a website the date/time, your IP and a lot of other stuff is saved to a file, giving info about what page you visited, when, to which page you went afterwards and so on.
If the crawler crawls stupidly, it's easily detectable.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO posted:

I was banned for being afk and just setting an alarm every hour, when I would just mash my finger on the screen till I saw a number. I wasn't reading chat where apparently he asked me if I was a bot (man, people not responding in an idle game).

I had just hit rank 19 woodchopping too. Oh well. Guess I don't get to be a pretty magical lumberjack princess anymore.

The devs and GMs in this game are out to get me.

Dude! Seriously, you failed the botcheck apparently multiple times. What did you think would happen if you do that too often?
Still hope you manage to come back to the game, we all miss you :(

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Horking Delight posted:

If you joined the guild and spent your entire time making GBS threads up the chat and only took things from storage and only did your own thing and never contributed to guild projects, you would still be contributing to our progress in this game and you would still be helping us harvest nerd tears.
Thanks for the idea, gonna switch to that. Projects are hard.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
To not discuss this in the chat again, specializing in one skill won't work to well with Carpentry, Smithing, Tailoring, Alchemy and Cooking.

I started Alchemy on Thursday after thinking for a while about it. I am 23 in gathering and 19 in mining. This means i can get sandstone for bottles/vials and get most of the other stuff by myself. I still took a shitload out of the guild storage to be able to make things. I don't think it would be fun for someone to do those low XP tasks all day just so i can be THE POTIONMAKER.

If i want to do alchemy, i have to supply a lot of stuff myself. And that goes for everything that needs resources. I'd even dare to say every skill i mentioned at the top is a secondary one!

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Niton posted:

Brought this up in Guild Chat, but I think we should leverage a bunch of our capital into buying up all of the cheap pairs of Festive Boots on the market. It'd cost about 65k copper to buy up all 31 pairs, but it would ensure a long term supply of one of the most important pieces of newbie gear there is.

I'd be willing to put a decent chunk into it, if we get enough interest.

We really have a lot of stuff.
Someone with a lot of knowledge about the game, market and item usage should go through that list and sell some stuff we don't really need that much. (Yes Xerol, you, who else?)

Edit: As we have this discussion again in the chat, IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR NEW PLAYERS:
Don't scam other people.
Don't infiltrate other guilds.
If a discussion heats up, let the mods deal with it.
This is a nice game for nice people. If you are "in public", be nice. Especially to Cowboy. Give him a buff if you see him!

In general, be nice. There may be no rules about how nice you have to be, but if you aren't in the eyes of Grumpy or the mods you will get banned and the guild will get a bad worse rap. We don't have to do any scam-spy-stuff at all to "win" and get people mad at us.

RabbitWizard fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Apr 14, 2016

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

neogeo0823 posted:

:words: about buffing

Until we have that super thing that i won't run at work and thus is useless there to me, can we just make the communication about buffs easier?
For example, if you offer buffs, tell people how many you can give and up to which level (burrowing, swift hammer etc.).
If you need buffs, tell people your timer. This avoids over-buffing and constantly asking the other party about numbers.
And it would be way easier to optimize timers. If i see someone offering 5 buffs, and someone replies with a 36 timer, i can just get in there and maybe do the other 3. I can only do that if i know what's happening.

So, please communicate your offers and needs better, thank you :)

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
Ok, so there was this "Chelle" in Chat, talking about not having stuff anymore. After a few PNs i got some stuff out of the storage to help. Declined! Because no Handouts! But appreciated.

Well, so later SheHulk came into the chat.

19:56:04 SheHulk : Bought a hatchet...less than a minute later...broken. How great! back to buying another one.
19:58:07 RWSA removed 20 Iron Hatchets from Equipment and Food.
19:58:11 RWSA : i'm santa!
*opening trade*
19:59:52 From SheHulk : What would you like?
19:59:53 To SheHulk : here are some hatchets
20:00:00 To SheHulk : nothing
20:00:15 From SheHulk : Oh wow! Thank you so much!
20:00:16 To SheHulk : just a gift from scone :)
20:00:50 From SheHulk : :D :D :D :D :D :D
20:03:35 From SheHulk : At least accept a smile! http://i.imgur.com
20:05:32 To SheHulk : lol, thansk

http://imgur.com/pUdqvdY

Uh, yeah, thansk.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Horking Delight posted:

Raiding their guild bank is a bannable offense I would assume but surely "they invited him to join and then he left to join us and leaked chat logs to us" can't be, can it? Hahahaha.

We can't just invite anyone! There's a joke at stake here: To join us, it's :10bux: and at least a 3-month acclimatization phase.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

The Shortest Path posted:

There isn't actually anything in the rules about that, so I have to wonder.

I think i mentioned this before, but: This is a nice game with nice people playing. Be nice. Grumpy doesn't have rules against all the variations of being an rear end in a top hat in a game, because there were no assholes before. Let's keep it that way!

No spying or infiltrations or robberies or scamming or whatever, Grumpy doesn't need a clearly defined rule to ban someone and i quite like it that way.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
I noticed more accidental posting in world-chat over the last time. I had that problem in the beginning too until someone told me to just set the default to Guild and use "/w message" to post in world. Much safer.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

neogeo0823 posted:

He's saying that you should coordinate to not be touching the same orchard at the same time. A simple "hey, I'm working this plot here" in chat should probably be sufficient, I'd think.

When I'm busy and just click in the game sometimes to botcheck and/or start working on an extension, i won't notify anyone about it. And if I'm active, i also won't give a notice about the dozen or so plots I'm clearing that day. I mostly agree with Grumpy on other things, but this is his problem.

Also, I only clear full extensions (99% of the time) and make sure to "..have the place to yourself today". I won't gently caress up the actions for another goon who thinks they will clear 60 things, they afk and come back to only half the exp and mats because I "helped".

As long as we don't abuse it and report the accidents that may happen (I've seen it happen 2 whole times since I'm playing), I see no use in spamming the chat with gardening poo poo.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Some people just have to poo poo on goon-ideas.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
23:04:28 To Grumpy : we seem to have a bugged orchard again, HoboLoafers in AB
23:05:10 To Grumpy : Level 11, 2360 of 3026
23:05:54 From Grumpy : of course
23:07:05 To Grumpy : sorry we really don't mean it and reminded everyone to watch when planting if they are alone, but it may be hard to see with only 2 slots and/or people forget to check
23:07:51 From Grumpy : you guys made a lot of progress on that one, so I set it to like 3 slots left,... and the latest one that is bugged I left 10 slots
23:08:44 To Grumpy : progress? you mean someone started gathering there?
23:09:54 From Grumpy : for the one you just listed, there were already 666 pickec
23:10:08 From Grumpy : picked*
23:11:07 To Grumpy : i thought that came with the bug....i will remind people to not gather in extensions with 1k+ or something.....
23:13:12 From Grumpy : thanks

So please, bugged extensions may happen, but don't gather there!

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
Bugs:
So someone had a bug about cutting bamboo ;) I asked Grumpy and yes you had some replacement thingy script running on your side that replaced stuff and this is why bamboo didn't work.

Grumpy didn't like it, but:
21:17:42 From Grumpy: no worries, it's obviously not your whole guild, only a couple of members

I still don't know how he is informed on scripts that should only have an effect client-side, but i know nothing about scripts.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
The whole stuff: http://pastebin.com/7Qs1mpvy

Kinda interesting bits:
23:15:40 synthetik :bird: : How do you whisper someone that has you ignored? It gives me a message "this player has you ignored"
23:16:35 synthetik :bird: : Then Charles, how did you "23:04:45 Charles Bukowski Muted : I bypassed ignore via message with 8 players to do trades and each of them took me off ignore quite proud"
23:16:59 Charles Bukowski Muted : I used message not whispers
23:27:18 Grumpy Aspersa : the short answer is,... it was a gap in my implementation, if they removed you, no harm no foul, if they complained to me, I would explain that it is abusing a bug and explain that you shouldn't be able to message
23:27:22 Grumpy Aspersa : further reports would result in a ban
23:27:37 Grumpy Aspersa : since none of this has happened at all, there is no issue, so let's not worry about it
23:29:45 RWSA : grumpy just basically said to charles: "you idiot, seriously, don't do that poo poo again!"

If Bukoneski gets banned, please log it!

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
Come for the woodcutting, stay for the incest roleplay!

16:20:57 * Gomez sneaks up behind Wednesday and puts rose with thrones in her mouth and ggles her *
16:21:48 LadyinWaiting Legion : Hey Gomez!! Huggles!
16:21:52 DivineCoffeeBinge : oh God this fuckin' guy
16:22:30 Gomez Addams : hows my daughter? hurt any one today
16:22:56 LadyinWaiting Legion : I'm good. And surprisingly no not yet

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Magres posted:

I got literally no snail gear :(

I didn't play a ton but still I probably did like 6-10 hours at Palm trees and got nothing

Quick, go to AB, there are only 47 sets left in the guild storage! :p

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Vasler posted:

Thanks Marx, now we'll never see poorly spelled bouquets of roses being put in people's mouths again.

* RabbitWizard puts som eroses wit outthorns in Vaslers mouth and :a2m:lles him

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Coffeehitler posted:

We're sitting on roughly 20k cherries, the bottleneck is Pie Crusts.

How? Is the timer/XP that lovely? Because the mats for 753 pie crusts are in storage.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
There is rice which we can plant and harvest, http://amar.bornofsnails.net/man/items/handful_of_rice
Cooks with lvl 35 can turn that in flour.
Or is that still too slow?

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
About Smilies in Amar, i wanted to have :toot: in there...

17:13:31 From Grumpy : was it created by you or another player?
17:13:56 To Grumpy : it's a smilie from a forum i visit
17:14:37 To Grumpy : i can't tell you about the original creator but no one has been sued yet as far as i know
17:15:37 To Grumpy : if this isn't good enough i understand of course, no one need a lawsuit about a stupid smilie
17:17:23 From Grumpy : well, no, it's just that I only accept emotes that are created by players for the game
17:17:51 From Grumpy : has nothing to do with lawsuits or anything like that
7:23:45 To Grumpy : sooooo, was that a yes or no from you? ;)
17:24:02 From Grumpy : still a no unfortunately
17:24:53 To Grumpy : oh
17:25:45 To Grumpy : any specific reason?
17:26:45 To Grumpy : sorry, you told me the reason
17:27:00 To Grumpy : i got confused by chat colours
17:28:27 From Grumpy : no worries

17:29:44 To Grumpy : be prepared to be bombed by 0.5 submissions per month from our guild with original smilies!
17:30:28 From Grumpy : :P

RabbitWizard fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jul 14, 2016

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Virigoth posted:

If any of our loverly alchemist could put out some more sewing potions that'd be awesome! We've got stuffed peppers in the meantime but my body loves some 5 hour sewing potion energy.

Fell free to use all of http://amar.bornofsnails.net/man/items/elixir_of_light or http://amar.bornofsnails.net/man/items/elixir_of_darkness if the time is right for you. It gives me an excuse to make more Ambrosia. Or use some http://amar.bornofsnails.net/man/items/iris-scented_candle
I have a lot of other stuff going on right now so Sewing Potions will take a while (if someone else doesn't make them) but i think the stuff i linked should get you through the next days ;)

RabbitWizard fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jul 28, 2016

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

oldskool posted:

http://pastebin.com/5Jx2NkdF

tl;dr: Grob put up a buy order for raw meat at 2 copper each with no limit, so we sold him 80,000 raw meat and bankrupted his store.

Ahahahaha, thanks for the screenshots/pastebin!

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
About the mana project :effort:

17:28:48 RWSA : btw, when will people start using the potions???
17:29:05 oldskool : Phase Two
17:29:46 RWSA : so.....this will take some time......and idk, but why not start using the over 5k FF potions now?
17:29:52 Xerol : use them up
17:29:56 Xerol : use them all the time
17:30:02 Xerol : (just use the fish potions on sunfish though)
17:30:30 Xerol : use the woodlands on palm chopping
17:30:35 Xerol : and larch if you're moose
17:30:46 Xerol : and gemfinding on obsidian
17:31:11 CoffeeAmin : gently caress that. Fish Finders on the Sea Urchin fishing stuff
17:31:31 Xerol : snails at 400% RD on sunfish are a 1/4 drop
17:31:37 Xerol : i don't think any of the sea urchins get nearly that high
17:31:43 RWSA : yeah, a small post about when to use potions would be nice for everyone
17:32:54 CoffeeAmin : Urchins are super good though
17:34:27 Xerol : i guess i can do an experiment to see what the approximate drop rate is on urchins
17:34:52 Xerol : each snail is 6 mana
17:35:05 CoffeeAmin : Its not near as high as 1:4, but 5/action is really nice
17:35:19 CoffeeAmin : Frog Legs might be better for the effect
17:35:35 Xerol : urchins would need to be at least 6% base (30% with max RD) to be worth it
17:35:37 CoffeeAmin : A bit better seeming in terms of drop
17:35:44 Xerol : although i guess i could use them on stingrays
17:36:02 Xerol : since stingrays -> kites -> more mana
17:36:05 oldskool : rays for kites, and is sushi still going to be a thing moving forward or is it getting phased out
17:36:10 CoffeeAmin : Its probably closer to 3 or 4 percent
17:36:29 Guild > Projects > Mana Post was updated by Xerol.
17:36:38 Xerol : sushi's eventually getting phased out
17:36:39 CoffeeAmin : sushi is probably getting phased out, everything else seems to be
17:36:49 Xerol : the sushi cook miniproject was just to use up the squids we had stocked up
17:37:42 Xerol : although i guess if someone wants to fish them we could still make more
17:37:47 Xerol : since the food itself won't go away, just the recipe
17:38:01 Xerol : and each one is like 1.5 pies
17:38:12 Xerol : and a lot easier to make than pies if we have mats
17:38:47 oldskool : 40k seaweed, ~9k total rice but some of that is reserve for planting and some is flour-to-be
17:39:16 CoffeeAmin : rice is probably much easier to replace though
17:39:38 CoffeeAmin : especially with so many people close or past it in Gathering
17:39:41 Xerol : the combatters are bringing in a good amount of rice and we can also grow it
17:39:59 Xerol : okay mini project: chop tons of bamboo, build a giant rice farm in IP
17:41:34 CoffeeAmin : Bamboo is such a terrible timer though
17:42:07 Xerol : i'll do it if i have to
17:42:12 Xerol : i can keep my timer pretty low

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

MooCowlian posted:

My salt rock timer is 20 and xp per action is 24. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that mean I'll get an action every 21 seconds, for 171 ish actions an hour and 4.1k xp per hour? I assume I've cocked up using the spreadsheet somewhere?
Counting down to 0 adds a second. So a 20 timer action takes 21 seconds.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

MooCowlian posted:

That's what I said?
Exactly. I missed a word in there. I can't read good.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

MooCowlian posted:

Good Job Charles.
Thanks for this :D

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
Btw, some may not have noticed, there is an event running.
Gather http://amar.bornofsnails.net/man/items/apple anywhere
Turn it into http://amar.bornofsnails.net/man/items/apple_cider at Cadenberge

So gather all the apples you can. You have my permission (worth nothing) to turn every orchard to apples. If you like make Cider, if you don't put the apples in storage.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

lmao

But I can't accept this without proper capitalization.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Zoe posted:

Does anyone in this game roleplay? I was thinking of showing it to a group of MUD dorks I know but uh, they will want to roleplay. It's kind of their thing.

Can't get worse in world chat.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
No troubles here, I even reloaded the page, everything is fine on my end.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Fruit Soup Riot posted:

"127 dead weights and still recruiting" for new thread title

Yes please

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
When we reached rank 100 here the fun started. They made jokes about us not being on the list before. Then they just couldn't believe how we managed to find 60 (or whatever number of players we had then) active players in Amar.

Also: Some of us brought up new ideas which made things less poo poo, that annoyed them greatly. Because change.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
23:13:45 RWSA YAMS : /reply/d1312d845f0d3eab5ff559f029ab49a3/current
23:15:46 RWSA YAMS : /reply/1bd990f979b2a29ee16e01140741d029/current
23:22:56 RWSA YAMS : /reply/c0b1961ca5fb78f812e2206637f01e64/current
23:26:37 [GM] Gix muted RWSA for 30 minutes for spamming.

23:29:38 To [GM] Gix : wow, 30!?
23:30:15 To [GM] Gix : i was roleplaying a bot with a broken reply function
23:33:07 To [GM] Gix : sorry, i promise i will only roleplay as a cat with braindamage from now on, can you unmute me then?

No reply yet. Be careful!

Edit: Hahaha
23:34:37 From [GM] Gix : Put Mordaq on ignore and get your programmer to debug your dialogue.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
Tutorial: Keeping track of stuff
(I'm primarily an alchemist. Should be applicable to other skills easily)

Go to the skill page and look up what you can do that gives high XP, for example Potions. Of every potion you can make, put 11 (or whatever) in a house somewhere. (Not recommended for basic mats! You could however put 11 of base mats in there and 22 potions, i never bothered. By now we have the base mats for something with high XP anyway most of the time)

When you go to My Stuff now, it should look something like this:

This makes it really easy to quickly scan the amounts we have of stuff that you can make. If one of those items drops below a certain threshold, you click it and see the mats needed. Visiting the "modified" My Stuff page every morning is really good to follow usage trends.

The goal of this is, for example, (if i was trying to level still) i wouldn't waste any time crushing runes for shimmering powder, as we have over 3k Elixirs of Light. So i can concentrate on a thing that gives me more XP.

This is important as every level gives you a lower timer and more success for items you can make. Don't level slowly because you think things are reserved for players with a higher level and crush salt forever. We have ~85k of salt. Make whatever gives you the most XP. If we already have a lot of it, make the next best thing.

When you get a new level, don't forget to check what you can make now.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
We are bullies :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Magres posted:

jfc getting muted for longer for calling someone out for saying "faggotism" unironically than they get for saying it is some godawful modding

Nah, that one got explained to me. The mods can't define the duration of a mute, only if temporary or forever. How long the mute is depends on the number of your previous mutes.

^ I'm tired, maybe that post wasn't about me.