Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Virigoth posted:

Woohoo a thread! gently caress pine cones!

Pine cones are love. Pine cones are life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Virigoth posted:

So many idling goons, this poor game economy.

I think we've destroyed the early game activity timers for the foreseeable future.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
He's been invited, so we'll get more entertainment from it if they do have a problem.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Horking Delight posted:

That's some bullshit but it's probably not worth arguing over because we're already on thin ice for coming in as Goons, Ruiner of Games in a way that will almost definitely shift the game economy/what little metagame there is and ruffle the feathers of people who are used to feeling like the big dogs.

And it will be glorious! :black101:

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Elewem posted:

Can I catch an invite as Elewem? Currently chopping trees while I should be working.

You should check the guild window in game now.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
You're both invited, check your guild windows. :)

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

El Generico posted:

In as enemyviolent

Need something to poke at while watching poo poo.

sent

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Personally, I think any decisions like that are going to have to wait until the Carpentry overhaul happens. As it is, there's a pretty decent lag time between Pine and Oak Carpentry recipes. Chestnut was never all that useful (a Fishing Rod and that's it, for Chestnut Log specific recipes), so it might not change as much as some (me) hope. Looking at the Woodcutting Man page, you're getting 1 - 2 logs with Oak at 17 xp compared to 1 - 3 at 13; so do you want logs or xp?

tl; dr: If you feel like it, go to oak.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

flavor effigy posted:

Just got started with this, could I get an invite for Mayfly?

Invite sent, check Guild.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
It really looks like he just pissed off one particular old guard. Other than that, we're going to need to redo the cooking project stuff and that's about it.

Other big stuff is that Trout and Halfmoon/Sunfish have been switched in fishing.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Shellfish were a little higher and I don't think anything else has changed in Fishing.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Virigoth posted:

I'm on public Wifi in an auditorium, sees like a risky click. Did she send nudes?

Its safe unless cleavage is frowned upon, but I'm almost certain I've seen that particular photo somewhere months ago.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Done and done.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Tnega posted:

I am in as Tnega. The real question is how to get shooty to go with my choppy.

Invited.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Mr.PayDay posted:

Another Goon reporting in, just gone lvl 1 fishing. :jiggled:

Invite mrpayday pls

Invite sent.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Someone invite Siege to guild please?

Yeah sure, invited.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

insanityv2 posted:

I uh appear to have gotten ip blocked and banned somehow and not sure how....

Were you doing any sort of automating? Like something to get around the bot check?

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Jonatir posted:

Requesting an invite, ingame name Arbitae

Request granted.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Comic posted:

Trying this out, ingame name Comic. I also hosed up and went the fishing route instead of woodcutting oops. :eng99:

Invited. It really doesn't seem like a problem which of the "starter" quests you do, honestly.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Chunjee posted:

Grab SA Smilies for the Web

Because all the images are encoded in the script itself, this file is quite large.

Ok, it looks like this is spamming Grumpy's logs with errors and he's throwing out bans for it. He's made it known that he doesn't want it to be used, so don't use it.

edit: I was as dumb as someone getting pissy about being told that using lovely scripts for lovely smilies. Links edited out. :P

CoffeeQaddaffi fucked around with this message at 15:17 on May 10, 2016

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Krynn posted:

Just started playing this game, but starting with fishing seems to have been a mistake. In as krynn, if I could get a guild invite.

Invited so we have something to be Champions of. Sadly though, there are neither Dark Queens nor Death Knights. :v:

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Yeah I Like Girls posted:

smh why bother arguing with the admin over dumb ancient emoticons of all things

Goons are the hugest spergs and will tilt at the dumbest loving windmills ever. Its actually kind of impressive.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Eldercain posted:

Context for those of us that weren't on/paying attention ok

Chunjee and a handful of others used someone else's script to have SA emotes show up instead of the code on non-SA sites. This script was apparently filling Grumpy's error logs with errors so he was banning people for it. I think gan was banned for it (ban was lifted after a few hours) and maybe one or two others also. Chunjee decided to PM Grumpy and be passive-aggressively bitchy (IMO reading the logs) to Grumpy when he wouldn't show the logs. Goons have generally sided with Grumpy in this and most other matters, unsurprisingly. It is absolutely idiotic drama that is totally dumb but goons loving eat this poo poo up.

gwrtheyrn posted:

I'm trying this out as gwrtheyrn

Sorry I missed this last night, invited.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Beobeobeo posted:

Started as Beobeobeo. Would appreciate a guild invite!

Invited.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Hagop posted:

I just started as Hagop.

Invited.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

synthetik posted:

So don't call exploits bugs.

Also, Your Wickedness is legit insane.

Exploits aren't bugs. Exploits MAY be bug-related, but aren't in and of themselves bugs. And the one you're referencing is exploiting how the system works, and so isn't a bug.

Tequila posted:

In as Buttking

Holy poo poo, that name. You're invited.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Pigbottom posted:

Giving this a try as Pigbottom. an invite would be great, thanks.

Invited.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Deadly Fear posted:

Just started, ingame name is Vizamar.

Invited.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Solvency posted:

Don't listen to this guy. He's on the bottom of the DPS chart and is in danger of getting bumped if anyone else joins us for our 40 mans.

Psssh, the most we've ever gotten was like 25 or 26. And that was US Prime.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Some French Guy posted:

My name is oguh and I have no idea what I'm doing, currently mining iron, get me in !

Invited.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Bug out all of the shared Orchards so they have like 12+ hours of clearing on each of them. BTW, Grumpy has apparently said he's done fixing them for us (because we're terrible and the one idiots who can manage to do it).

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Feminition posted:

in as wrassler. oh boy do i love woodchopping

Invited.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Malcontent posted:

In as Cadence, invite please whenever someone wakes up :3

Invited.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Dead Man's Ham posted:

In as Bartimo, I cant wait to lose interest in 3 days!

You have been invited.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Cowboybot posted:

Username is Krunky. Just stumbled across this and just signed up.

Thanks!

Invited. And given our troubles with an Amar player by the name of Cowboy, we're going to keep our eye on you. :tinfoil:

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
We have a bunch of Iron Gorgets though. Good luck scaring up some Aurora Bracelets.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Mr.PayDay posted:

While we had ~ 2000 Iron Ores more often the last days, we were more often out of it so I keep farming it.
But how - generally - do we know and share the information what we are missing?

There's an in-game forum that we can keep a running list of what we're short of in.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Magres posted:

We need to come up with a good guild name name that mocks The South obviously enough to make pubbies mad but subtly enough that Grumpy won't make us change it

I think guild names are stacked up for a couple months, so you're not likely to see it for a while.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Roseo posted:

In as Oesor to try it out

You've been invited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Magres posted:

I hear that if you give a goon 100k copper they'll sponsor you and help you get into the guild

This is one game where scamming will get you banned so, as funny as that would be, we can't do it.