Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Hmm I've been searching for something like this. Please invite Chunjee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Roflex posted:

Also, this thread is looking pretty bland. Let's spice it up a bit with a Contest!

From now until whenever I get home from work on Friday (~4-6pm ET) make some crappy mspaint art related to the game. (Or make it not crappy. Or not in paint. I don't really care.) I'll give out some fabulous prizes to the best ones as judged solely by me. Prizes will include a full sparkly festive set, some other gear, and pumpkin ales (-2 timer for 20 minutes, works on ANYTHING). Number and distribution of prizes will be determined when I give them out. Make sure you post your in-game name with your submission so I know who to mail prizes to!

I started fighting snakes. There sure are a lot of them!

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Made this a few weeks back and haven't really posted it because I am still experimenting with some basic DRM idea.

It plays an mp3 when the timer completes.

(APH is actions per hour)

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

This is the kind of stuff that gets me killed.

I hope the eventual combat changes make it a little more idle-able.

quote:

The Ghoul dealt 31 damage to you.
The Banshee attempted to hit you but missed.
The Wraith dealt 18 damage to you.
The Banshee dealt 24 damage to you.
You attempted to hit the Banshee but missed.
The Banshee dealt 18 damage to you.
The Wraith dealt 23 damage to you.
The Banshee dealt 26 damage to you.
The Ghoul dealt 36 damage to you.
The Wraith dealt 20 damage to you.
The Banshee dealt 13 damage to you.
The Banshee dealt 24 damage to you.
The Ghoul dealt 25 damage to you.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

A lot of googling lead me to the nearly lost "SA Smilies for the Web" grease-monkey script and it works here:

Can someone get the dev's permission in writing? I don't want to be banned for not replying.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Grab SA Smilies for the Web + :birdtoot:

Because all the images are encoded in the script itself, this file is quite large.

Some browsers seem to understand what to do automatically; otherwise you will need to use your browser specific extension/plugin.
(Chrome: TamperMonkey) (Firefox: Greasemonkey/Automatic?) (IE: ~heh)

If you only want this to run on Amaranthine, I think this change would work:

code:
// @include       *
to
code:
// @include       http://amar.bornofsnails.net/index.php
Note, I am not the original author. That would be MasterKale :toot:

Chunjee fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Apr 28, 2016

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

ugh that file is sooooo massive; it got truncated somehow. If you were having trouble the link should work better now.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

insanityv2 posted:

I'm on my apartment complex provided wifi. No autoclickers but I was having an issue where like, the botchecker wasn't responding to my click, and I ended up having to reload.

I've run into this in the last 2-3 days where the botcheck will just sit there and not respond to anything; or will load a blank area for the botcheck and display nothing. Have to reload the page and re-login; as choosing a new action has no impact.

If it happens again tomorrow I will get a screenshot or animated gif. Otherwise I'm considering a boycott until this is adequately addressed; sick of people nearly getting banned for reading the manual or other nonsense.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

fyi Grumpy does not own my browser and needs to butt off policing what extensions he deems acceptable. Has our merciful master allowed ad-block?

The SA emoticon "script" has absolutely no impact on game mechanics or rules.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Another good reason to go Combat. Plunder pubbies belongings without getting banned. Nice Haul.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Went to talk with Grump; had yet another less than useful experience.

lowtax these smilies are ugly; clean your poo poo up! :yoshi: :coolspot: :hurr:

Edit: Don't see how any of this is impacting his logs. But getting any helpful communication is like pulling teeth.

Edit2: I guess Mrit is unbanned.

Chunjee fucked around with this message at 17:12 on May 8, 2016

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

You should be good now.

quote:

16:13:04 To Grumpy : Mrit is saying he cannot access the site
16:14:06 From Grumpy : did he turn the script off? his IP is still banned
16:15:45 To Grumpy : well I'm sure he turned it off because the whole guild is on fire but I don't know him personally
16:15:56 From Grumpy : let me check
16:16:44 From Grumpy : looks good, I unbanned Mrit
16:17:01 To Grumpy : Do you really do not want us using our own emotes>?
16:17:14 From Grumpy : not really, and I definitely don't want you guys spamming my logs
16:17:55 To Grumpy : to be clear. you have a problem with our emotes?
16:18:14 From Grumpy : I have a problem with you guys modifying my game
16:18:19 To Grumpy : I'm sure there is a solution to logs if we communicate
16:23:17 To Grumpy : can you unbann someone named "Gan" too?

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Uneventful. To be fair it was quite early in the morning. 3:00~ish AM (PST) I think.

Please post anything good; chatlogs are complete trash and seemingly anything external gets you banned. gg

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

That sounds really bad. Like edit your script to have chopping drop Easter pendants instead of bamboo bad. I'm getting a feeling that the backend trusts whatever the frontend says is happening, that's probably why you don't regen mana when logged off.

Perhaps how the smilies script caused trouble on his side.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

history of pets:

quote:

10:11:10 RWSA : so....what exactly can we do with Manual > Items > Amethyst ?
10:11:21 Altoscholto : nothing
10:11:25 RWSA : ....
10:11:35 RWSA : i feel useful
10:11:35 Altoscholto : the geode gems were used in making pets outfits
10:11:49 Altoscholto : they have not been repurposed since the pets died
10:16:09 Altoscholto : geode cutting though is still fairly nice xp
10:16:53 RWSA : yes, i'm not complaining about the xp
10:17:26 Altoscholto : hopefully the gems will get another use at some sort of relatively soon point in time also
10:48:36 Eshomlod : what did pets do
10:53:11 Altoscholto : they broke the economy and almost killed the game
10:53:26 Eshomlod : oh really
10:53:46 RWSA : lol
10:53:53 Altoscholto : well, matter of perspective
10:55:01 Altoscholto : they consumed cooked fish and performed actions in one of 3 skills
10:55:19 Altoscholto : we had fishing pets, woodcutting pets, and mining pets
10:55:41 DivineCoffeeBinge : ...so you could trade fish for raw materials, essentially?
10:56:04 Altoscholto : they gained xp and levels etc, and their level determined what actions they could do (same levels as us for the actions)
10:56:11 Altoscholto : sort of
10:56:36 Altoscholto : you had to level them up to reach the levels to do stuff
10:56:50 Altoscholto : so initially they could only mine iron ores for example
10:57:08 DivineCoffeeBinge : Yeah, but still, if I had a neverending source of cherry logs I'd be over the moon.
10:57:19 Altoscholto : the higher the level action the longer they took
10:57:31 Altoscholto : but its not neverending
10:57:40 DivineCoffeeBinge : yaaaaaaaay treemurder
10:57:58 Eshomlod : automated tree murder sounds good too
10:58:08 DivineCoffeeBinge : As long as I can give it fish it is. Can you imagine what would happen if this guild had access to pets?
10:58:12 Altoscholto : you might have had a fisher pet catch the fish and the woodcutter chop the logs, but you had to actually cook the fish or pay someone to
10:58:28 Altoscholto : the thing was the mining pers
10:58:30 Altoscholto : *pets
11:00:04 Altoscholto : but yeah basically all newbies and some others would cook fish - they would be given the mats to cook with, plus get paid copper to do it
11:00:26 Altoscholto : and anyone cooking their own fish could sell them for really high amounts
11:02:08 Altoscholto : and the value of the fish was based on the value of first obsidian, and then dolomite, that carpenters could sell carved products to the NPC shops for
11:02:53 Altoscholto : back then obsidian was 20c each and I think dolomite was worth 40c each? when processed and sold to the shops
11:03:56 RWSA : alto: so it was a 95% copper-fish-economy and not much else?
11:04:07 Altoscholto : yeah
11:04:24 Altoscholto : and players were generating huge copper amounts
11:05:27 Altoscholto : if you were one who used pets you got tons of copper, if you didnt then you were suddenly poorer cos with the flood of copper into the game average prices rose heaps
11:06:09 Altoscholto : anyway, tons of inflation.. cooking became basically only fish cooking.. in fact cooking fish was basically the only useful thing anyone wanted done
11:06:15 RWSA : sounds really bad
11:06:54 Altoscholto : yeah I had little to do with them
11:07:07 Altoscholto : I reluctantly took part eventually
11:07:27 Altoscholto : a friend gave me one of each pet suit
11:08:00 Altoscholto : those were selling for about 200k each
11:08:35 Altoscholto : I chose to only start my pets after getting at least level 30 in those 3 skills
11:09:24 Altoscholto : and after I had built up a pile of 3.2k raw fish I made my ones starve
11:09:43 Altoscholto : could not be stuffed cooking any more fish at that point
11:10:11 Altoscholto : back then I was trying to focus on alchemy and it the pets just got in the way
11:10:24 Altoscholto : one player had 100+ mining pets going though
11:10:41 Altoscholto : he quit the game for 2+years when they got killed
11:12:17 DivineCoffeeBinge : oh man you could have multiple pets? Yeah, that's a gamebreaker
11:12:28 RWSA : you could have multiple pets? i didn't know that
11:12:34 RWSA : that makes everything way worse
11:14:01 Altoscholto : oh yes, there was no limit
11:14:23 Altoscholto : um Soda is stuck for someone to trigger a storage upgrade
11:14:40 Altoscholto : mind if I jump over for a sec?
11:15:02 Altoscholto : hos guildies with the carp levels are asleep
11:15:07 Altoscholto : *his
11:15:25 Altoscholto : brb
11:47:23 Chunjee : Altoscholto does not appear anywhere in chat history. nice work g-man
11:47:39 RWSA : someone invite alto back
11:47:42 Schmendrick : Yeah I noticed that when I wanted to go back and read about pets

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

edit: nevermind I am a good employee who does not go off task.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

I'm floored. You guys have friends?
:f5h::aaa:

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

The chatlogs in this game are atrocious.

Today I was playing with visualizing the weekly gains in Chart.js

a few weeks ago when synthetic and I were in the home stretch of 85 speed:

Data from this morning's weekly highscores:

Then started comparing to other guilds. Alchemy is popular elsewhere it seems.
Pod:

Legacy:

Fool:

Notes:
This is just looking at weekly gains; so a weakness is if you do not make the top 100 in any category, your numbers are not counted.
I will get the page and json data posted sometime soon... maybe...... better make a kickstarter.
Ideally it will show a couple of the high performing guilds. I ran into complications and don't have time this weekend.
May have to figure out a weighted scoring because magic will never show up well when the numbers start getting big.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

I know reading the manual and highscores is bannable because that is a totally normal thing in the devs upside-down world. Its basically a copy-paste of into a spreadsheet, Sheetsu turns it into json data that I use separately.

So I guess that is another weakness:
Requires manual intervention to get latest data.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Dropped off 330 bottles of lightning in Aeon Bay. I don't think there is a level limitation on drinking them. If you are lvl 0-1 in magic I'd recommend picking up 20 or so and start summoning white runes while drinking. They'll replenish your mana as fast as you can summon. Hit level 2 magic and at least have a buff spell if you don't want to walk back and summon runes everytime your mana is full.

Alternatively if you are just close to a magic level you need for something, go for it.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Fixed the chart logic so it will cycle and display any number of guilds; I was manually filtering two guilds in the previous pictures in a really un-scaleable way.
It now ranks all guilds found according to their combined gain amount. The top 6 are displayed by default; but you can filter down to any guild using the textbox supplied.

I'm going to keep playing with the weighted scores idea; but the semi-permanent url will be https://chunjee.github.io/PPA-Amar/

Chunjee fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Feb 27, 2017

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

No offense taken. Originally planned radar because I thought it looked cool. Changing to a bar or line is literally (original meaning) a one word change.

Leaving it as a line for now; since that seems pretty decent for this data. Bar was confusing at least to me. I kinda miss radar already so I know it's probably going to turn into a dropdown option.

Bar:

Line:

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Stacked Line:

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

:golfclap: well done. Perfect milking.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Churning pumpkin ale with as much double drop I can get a hold of. If you are doing the same with -timer stuff, consider sending me your load of pumpkins, I'm set to run out in 3 days and I was leveling cooking anyways.
edit: double drop doesn't work like that.

Updated the tooltip for better comparison. Still missing thousands separator commas, I know.

There is a 2nd chart for characters now, I wanna get it sorted smallest to largest sometime today.

if someone wanted to put together some better RBG colors, I'll take em. The format is "[Red,Green,Blue]"

Chunjee fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Oct 31, 2016

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

There was an issue with the charts. Siege noticed some insano carpentry guy did over 1 million and it was not registering correctly. Fixed that which also fixed a lot of combat numbers that were apparently inaccurate. The 2nd "," from anything over 999,999 was breaking it.

These new high combat numbers throw the scale out the window so by default combat numbers are divided by 3. There is a dropdown option to scale the combat numbers by different amounts, including no reduction at all.

Chunjee fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Oct 25, 2016

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Today is the last day to brew pumpkin ale and apple cider. Drop off whatever you can't handle in guild storage.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Don't start holding your breath though! He started talking about combat revamp when I started. Since that time; leveled to 59 combat and 92 speed. Consider combat AS IS for the foreseeable future.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Quality OneofOne spearfishing there.

Character chart finally sorted

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Guild name was changed to (MULTIS) after a new player accused us of running multiple accounts plus our history of confusing players with our abnormal growth.

Roleplay as a robot of the robot underground if you wanna get ignored by boring players. Spam 1's and 0's if you want a hour global mute.
We will insulate our drives with the bones of the human race.

https://twitter.com/RobotNewsNet/status/1619962757

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

All golden robots use base64 is why.

butts = 01100010 01110101 01110100 01110100 01110011

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Today is the last day to collect Stockings (midnight). If you have any remaining random drop bonuses, use em.

102 speed atm :sanic:
Comrade, I will be buffing up and opening our collection as speed skill impacts the results; so get them to me or guild storage. Traveling tomorrow so there will be a delay unless the plane has free wifi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LGEiIL1__s

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Finally got around to opening decorative socks or whatever they were called. Buffed out in as much Double Drops and Random Drops as I could get my hands on.

A little over 700 gave us:

150 Candy Canes
160 Figgy Puddings
139 Fruit Cakes
168 Gingerbread Men
2,287 Festive Coins

7,200 Lumps of Coal (we weren't too naughty)

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Spoils from WorldChat Wednesday

[GM] Thor muted PapaCowBoy for 45 minutes for obscene language.

[GM] Gix : There is zero tolerance for words that can be construed as the big bad f-word.
[GM] Thor warned Gizmo Duck for arguing with staff.

[GM] Thor : Discussing mutes is against the rules

[GM] Gix warned Charles Buconeski again and was muted for 45 minutes for inappropriate topics.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

code:
http.NewRequest("GET", "http://amar.bornofsnails.net/man/my_stuff", nil);
If I'm looking at the same github; this is could be "automation" by their idiotic definition.

But the API will be done any day now and we can have fun again. :ironicat:

Ignoranus posted:

Grumpy (the main dev) just posted in the in-game Announcements that automated skimming of the manual with scripts is a bannable offense. So there's that to keep in mind.

Just to open up my old wounds. (Dhara) has been skimming the manual and we can't have smilies? gently caress you amar.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Virigoth posted:

It wouldn't be automated skimming per say just a manual process to grab from the mystuff. At least in my logic :science:
like I said Grumpy has a really terrible, unfun, draconian, and inaccurate definition. imo this is not automation; he can ruin the game all he wants, I don't care.

Somehow he has convinced most of the players that copy-pasting the page is fine however, I don't get it.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

And miss out on the printer troubleshooting chat? You're dreaming!

I'll consider quitting if the API isn't online this year.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Needed an easy project to practice typescript and the chart logic was overcomplicated and disorganized. perfect!

Still trying to figure out how to get each bar labeled.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

You can click the legend to hide/show certain categories.

For example if you just wanted to visualize Gathering:

Sadly there isn't a way to sort this from least to greatest yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Roflex posted:

Plus, there's an API coming soon.

:laugh: