Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What age should it be illegal to vote?
40-49
50-59
60-69
70-79
80-89
90-99
100-199
View Results

• Locked thread
somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
I think the best way to make this world better, and by world I mean America, would be to institute an age where you are no longer legally allowed to vote. As we all get older, we get set in our ways and don't like change, even if it's for the better. Also, we become terrible drivers. I'm thinking, I dunno 55? Does that seem reasonable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Anyone under the age of 35.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

spud posted:

Anyone over the age of 35.

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
Only those who have enlisted should vote. I'm from Buenos Aires, and I say kill em all!!!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Lets just go full Logan's Run and kill everyone on their 30th birthday.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
People over 70 should be required to take a test to vote. Also, all Baby-Boomers.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
voting doesnt matter OP

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

my grandmother had cripply arthritic fingers and when we told her not to throw gang signs she heard gay signs (deaf as a rock) and started to tell us about the very nice gay men she knew about forty years previously

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

no americans should vote, leave it to the euro scum

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
I feel so alone gonna end up a big ole pile them bones

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

i say give my vote to this 115 yr old japanese national

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

he looks like food in the back of my fridge but he is far happier and dresses nicer than myself

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
We should vote using pebbles so its like the days before these jackass beurcrats ruined everything

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

im gaye posted:

he looks like food in the back of my fridge but he is far happier and dresses nicer than myself

how long did he plow your grandpas rear end

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

how old are u op

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
I'm 14

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

ScrotoTurboSperg posted:

how long did he plow your grandpas rear end

a hot minute

one hot minute

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I picked between 40 and 79, people in that range shouldn't be allowed to vote for anything. People younger than 40 should be able to vote for their future and people over 80 should get to do whatever they want and vote for their grandchildren's future.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
MILLENNIALS right?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Chinatown posted:

MILLENNIALS right?

It's like that, but the opposite!

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
The only people who should be allowed to vote: 100+ years old.
You're way past your bleeding-heart "everything should be free to everyone" communist nonsense phase and past your gun-totin' "I got mine, everyone else can go gently caress themselves" greedy know-it-all phase.
You've seen pretty much everything there is to see and just want people to be able to coexist peacefully.
Plus it would be a nice bonus for making it to 100.

And every vote would count. A lot. You'd be courted and revered (as you should be).

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

ghlbtsk posted:

The only people who should be allowed to vote: 100+ years old.
You're way past your bleeding-heart "everything should be free to everyone" communist nonsense phase and past your gun-totin' "I got mine, everyone else can go gently caress themselves" greedy know-it-all phase.
You've seen pretty much everything there is to see and just want people to be able to coexist peacefully.
Plus it would be a nice bonus for making it to 100.

And every vote would count. A lot. You'd be courted and revered (as you should be).

What about just being able to vote once every 30 years? Once at 18 and once at 48. I think most people would make sure their second vote really counts.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
it doesn't matter at all as long as we're still using a first-past-the-post two-party system. Our voting system is mathematically guaranteed to ensure your vote is meaningless.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
19. if your single year of voting doesnt include a presidential election that is just too bad.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Poetic Justice posted:

What about just being able to vote once every 30 years? Once at 18 and once at 48. I think most people would make sure their second vote really counts.

great make it easier for them to give the guy who cares about them no media coverage, then make the general public choose between a fake actor villain (trump) and a villain acting like a good person (hillary)

scare tactics work too efficiently already in the current system

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
mandatory voting laws are really good

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

extra stout posted:

great make it easier for them to give the guy who cares about them no media coverage, then make the general public choose between a fake actor villain (trump) and a villain acting like a good person (hillary)

scare tactics work too efficiently already in the current system

but you will have 30 years to contemplate your past mistake

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
At whatever age you decide to vote for Trump.
Pack it up, you're done voting.

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
americans have time and time again demonstrated they cant be trusted to vote at any age

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Full totalitarianism now!

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
government policy affects everyone regardless of age and the elderly are beneficiaries of a lot of those programs so I don't see why their voice and input on them - by way of who they choose to vote for and what plans the voted in would implement - should be silenced

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008
imo you should have to pass a basic civics test in order to vote

you would eliminate both old and senile people as well as stupid millennials and Silicon Valley bitchbabies

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

im gaye posted:

2 sweaters minimum or you can't vote

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Only eighteen year olds can vote. Watch in horror as teenage angst and idealism control our future.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

dog buttz posted:

Only eighteen year olds can vote. Watch in horror as teenage angst and idealism control our future.

I look forward to president "Hot chick" or "Action movie hero"

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

VendaGoat posted:

I look forward to president "Hot chick" or "Action movie hero"

Hot Chick has no rear end, I'll pass

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

satanic splash-back posted:

Hot Chick has no rear end, I'll pass

well you can pass that flat rear end right over here. face to face with a girl, face to rear end with a boy :pervert:

Carver Crisis posted:

Only those who have enlisted should vote. I'm from Buenos Aires, and I say kill em all!!!

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Carver Crisis posted:

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
the bronze age

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
You should get one vote and be allowed to use it whenever you want but then that's it you don't get to vote anymore

• Locked thread