Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!

Let's Play Undead Knights

Undead Knights is a hack 'n slash for the Playstation Portable with a rather strange premise. You got murdered, which kinda sucks, but a mysterious creature brings you back to life and gives you incredible strength. You can even bring other people back from the dead and give them incredible strength too! But only after you kill them yourself, of course. These new zombie allies of yours are the game's main mechanic. You can throw them at things, murder stuff with them, and... well that's most of it really. It's not a deep game, but it's fun and very visceral. The story is also surprisingly good.

About This Let's Play in Particular:

I've already bought most of the upgrades, but I saved a few to exhibit when I feel the time is right. I'm only playing through the game one time, as one character: Romulus. The main story is the same for all three characters, with a few different details. Not different enough to warrant fully upgrading two other characters. God, no.

Videos:

Thank you all for watching!

GamesAreSupernice fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Apr 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

The thread name - is that a nod to Garth Marenghi's Dark Place?

Edit: Interestingly enough, 'Blood' as a surname is not unknown; in fact, one of Britain's greatest rogues who ever lived had such a name: I refer to none other than notorious Thomas Blood.

Samovar fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Mar 20, 2016

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Samovar posted:

The thread name - is that a nod to Garth Marenghi's Dark Place?

Dark comedy is the only comedy to be honest.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

My other car is an asteroid
:black101:
I'm liking this so far, it's an interesting concept and I always like to see zombies implemented in a different way to the standard lurching enemy hoard. Does this game get crazy or does it stay at pretty much this level for the rest of the run?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Vashyron, Zephyr and Leanne??

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

JohnOfOrdo3 posted:

I'm liking this so far, it's an interesting concept and I always like to see zombies implemented in a different way to the standard lurching enemy hoard. Does this game get crazy or does it stay at pretty much this level for the rest of the run?

It gets... pretty nuts.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
That looks like a lot of fun. Also, Steve Blum's voice is ridiculously good.

Dynasty warriors, heavy metal edition. If I had a psp I would probably get this.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
This does look pretty fun. I might pick this up on my vita.

Like all vita owners, I use the thing to catch up on all the awesome psp games I missed out on.

EDIT: And play Helldivers. It don't get no better than Helldivers.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

I'm genuinely surprised so many people like the game so far.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I love that our hero's primary weapon is essentially a chainsaw sword. That's pretty metal.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Lotish posted:

I love that our hero's primary weapon is essentially a chainsaw sword. That's pretty metal.

It's the "special" weapon you unlock for completing the game. It's just an aesthetic change. Honestly it should've been the default.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Zombie Pikmin :3: kinda. I enjoyed this game and I really like how you described it as not a hack n slash. I liked to use Sylvia because she uses a scythe and that is as metal as the soundtrack :rock:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Dead Head Fred reversed.

Are the playable characters different in any way?

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

SelenicMartian posted:

Dead Head Fred reversed.

Are the playable characters different in any way?

Yes, but not to such a degree that I think it is important. Most of the time is spent throwing zombies at things, after all.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

GamesAreSupernice posted:

It gets... pretty nuts.

yeeeessss....!

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Our first boss battle(s).

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Sure is a lot of Blood in this game.

I like it though. I've always said it'd be neat to have zombies in a more medieval setting. Being in command is great too. Now if only it was made for something other than a portable system.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Gloucester's voice actor was pretty good.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

All of the voice acting except for the protagonist's is really good for some reason. It's really weird.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

A PSP game with no copy-paste environments?

No

No I don't believe you

Black Wombat
Nov 25, 2007

Every puzzle
has an answer.

GamesAreSupernice posted:

It gets... pretty nuts.

It GETS nuts? Now, I just started, but the first level ended with you making a five-zombie tall undead totem pole and had them fall across a broken bridge so you could walk over it.

I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

Black Wombat posted:

It GETS nuts? Now, I just started, but the first level ended with you making a five-zombie tall undead totem pole and had them fall across a broken bridge so you could walk over it.

It was six zombies. The undead totem he made was six zombies tall. :colbert:

Let's try to be precise in our zombie tallies from now on, guys, not just in this thread but in other threads too.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

SSNeoman posted:

No

No I don't believe you

I don't recall any of the environments really being re-used. I mean, there's a section where you go back through an area you've seen, but there's a valid reason for that and they don't pretend it's a new location.

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SSNeoman posted:

No

No I don't believe you

I thought the 3rd birthday and Peace Walker are both pretty good on this, especially Birthday.

(Go play the 3rd birthday.)

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

No Gravitas posted:

(Go play the 3rd birthday.)
Skipping every cutscene.

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SelenicMartian posted:

Skipping every cutscene.

Yugh. I had that blocked out of my memory.

"The worms are co-co-co-co-colossal!"

Yeah, cut the cutscenes.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

We're 1/4th of the way done with the game, and now we get to fight giant elephants and anime knights.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Get it? Blood-y?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Oh hey it's the miniboss squad from Godhand!

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

SSNeoman posted:

Oh hey it's the miniboss squad from Godhand!

They're not nearly as unique, but at least they all have gimmicks.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

My game capture is broke! The good news is that this unfortunate event affects every LP besides this one, because I do not record PSP games with the Elgato. So, congrats! You did good, and chose the proper thread.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

poo poo's gettin' real

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

Oh well I like that. I like that very much.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

So yeah, that's pretty neat. Turning the thing that's been your gimmick for nine chapters against you is a pretty neat twist.

edit: When you want to play a different character, do you just swap out at any time or do you have to restart from the beginning?

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Apr 10, 2016

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

When your holy fruit is pulsing with malevolent darkness and has an eye on it, maybe it's time to re-evaluate which side you're on.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

SSNeoman posted:

When your holy fruit is pulsing with malevolent darkness and has an eye on it, maybe it's time to re-evaluate which side you're on.
"How to defend yourself against a man armed with a fruit with an eye on it"

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Lotish posted:

So yeah, that's pretty neat. Turning the thing that's been your gimmick for nine chapters against you is a pretty neat twist.

edit: When you want to play a different character, do you just swap out at any time or do you have to restart from the beginning?

You basically have to start over, because a non-upgraded character is as good as cannon fodder.

• Locked thread