Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Darkman Fanpage posted:

so who is footing the hospital bill to keep the brain dead hippo technically alive?

obamacare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
"BE YOU" says the frivolous colored piece of paper behind the living corpse.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i don't like your thread and i don't like you op.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Nickelback claims another moran.

Huge Lady Pleaser
Jun 17, 2005

hello how r u doing im just looking for ppl 2 chill wit relax go out n have funn if ur looking for da same thing hit me up
Nap Ghost
It looks like the Schindler family has a long history of keeping people alive who ought to be dead.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Darkman Fanpage posted:

so who is footing the hospital bill to keep the brain dead hippo technically alive?

daily mail is a UK site so i think its the spinning corpse of margaret thatcher

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
You get no sympathy on this forum. Unless you died because you wanted to eat something. Area all goons fat?

RolandTower
Nov 19, 2003

Guns n' Roses n' Deus Ex Machina
Bleak Gremlin

bring back old gbs posted:

daily mail is a UK site so i think its the spinning corpse of margaret thatcher

McMath is a California teenager whose body is currently in New Jersey.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

heart eyes moithafucka

Indubitable Leg
Aug 9, 2013
Is this gonna end with the girl's pastor/dad signing up on here to troll and bash the brain dead girl and her mom? Cause I think that would really bring this full circle.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
It would be a strange thing to be employed providing long-term medical care for a dead girl. :(

Indubitable Leg
Aug 9, 2013

Strudel Man posted:

It would be a strange thing to be employed providing long-term medical care for a dead girl. :(

Talk about job security though; and now I made myself feel bad :(

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

ButteCysts posted:

You get no sympathy on this forum. Unless you died because you wanted to eat something. Area all goons fat?

very fat or very skinny. no inbetweens

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
brain dead and loving it.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
So like, are they using a lot of makeup to cover up the fact that it's a loving corpse? There's some other photos and her feet look really swollen or misshapen, I can't imagine a body staying pristine when it's been dead that long.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
your dead fat daughter

Indubitable Leg
Aug 9, 2013

Ville Valo posted:

So like, are they using a lot of makeup to cover up the fact that it's a loving corpse? There's some other photos and her feet look really swollen or misshapen, I can't imagine a body staying pristine when it's been dead that long.

I imagine the rose sunglasses and the hearts are to cover the glazed over eyes.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Ville Valo posted:

She's not dead-dead in that sense. Cells are still alive and everything. There's just nobody home.

RolandTower
Nov 19, 2003

Guns n' Roses n' Deus Ex Machina
Bleak Gremlin

Ville Valo posted:

Non gravity dependent, non-joint parts can keep looking fine for a long time if the heart and lungs are still running. With enough care everything can keep looking good.

I once briefly cared for an extremely rich man whose extremely rich family had spared no expense as he slowly succumbed to some kind of neurodegenerative disorder. As he had lost the ability to consciously move any muscle of his body, they had hired an immensely dedicated team of personal nurses who were with him 24/7, moving him, cleaning him, rolling him, suctioning him, etc. he had been dependent on a trach with nocturnal ventilator for 2 years at the time that I saw him. He had progressed to the point that he needed a ventilator 24/7 and they were just in the hospital briefly to get the additional necessary training on his travel vent and to confirm the contract with his 24/7 respiratory therapist. When I saw him, if he was still able to hear and comprehend he could give no sign of it. His body, however, was pristine. A perfect wax figure of his past self, with two nurses at all times industriously and systematically applying lotions and shifting weight to keep skin intact, flexing the joints in sequence to stave off contracture, applying drops to his unblinking eyes. A weak cough when they suctioned his trach the only evidence of non-artificial life. No one in the room pretended he could tell them what he wanted. That wasn't their job, their job was to preserve the physical vessel and they were God drat masters of their work.

That evening I wrote out a living will.

RolandTower fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Mar 21, 2016

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

Dapper_Swindler posted:

only very soft poo poo. my guess is mom didnt pay attention and fed her crackers/chips.

Wiki says it's a Popsicle but Google shows a bunch of random articles claiming it was a cheeseburger too :wtc:

AdolfHitler
Mar 21, 2009
i wish i was the braindead girl.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

What if the snack was vegetables

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

donkey salami posted:

What if the snack was vegetables

You are what you eat, as they say

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
I bet a visit from the lady Ghostbusters to deliver a ComaPillow ™ would cheer her up.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

look the girl was getting her tonsils out originally to try and treat her sleep apnea which was brought on by her childhood obesity and the she ruptured her stitches trying to eat resulting in her present condition

obesity killed this girl and its obamas fault

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Hector Beerlioz posted:

You are what you eat, as they say

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Well this is all a bit sad

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

RolandTower posted:

McMath is a California teenager whose body is currently in New Jersey.

hmmmmm maybe her church then?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Blue Train posted:

look the girl was getting her tonsils out originally to try and treat her sleep apnea which was brought on by her childhood obesity and the she ruptured her stitches trying to eat resulting in her present condition

obesity killed this girl and its obamas fault

This happened in the Bay Area and got a ton of coverage. All of this is correct and apparently she was also talking when she wasn't supposed to which may have contributed to the rupturing

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Mgs vi going for a new demographic

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
god drat, thats all it took to make someone braindead?

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

donkey salami posted:

Mgs vi going for a new demographic

Really Big Boss

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Node posted:

god drat, thats all it took to make someone braindead?

your brain needs blood to brain

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i got my tonsils out and was banned from makeout point and to this day my life has been a living death

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Shaquin posted:

your brain needs blood to brain

the brain is pretty loving needy if it demands blood 100% of the time

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

RolandTower posted:

Non gravity dependent, non-joint parts can keep looking fine for a long time if the heart and lungs are still running. With enough care everything can keep looking good.

I once briefly cared for an extremely rich man whose extremely rich family had spared no expense as he slowly succumbed to some kind of neurodegenerative disorder. As he had lost the ability to consciously move any muscle of his body, they had hired an immensely dedicated team of personal nurses who were with him 24/7, moving him, cleaning him, rolling him, suctioning him, etc. he had been dependent on a trach with nocturnal ventilator for 2 years at the time that I saw him. He had progressed to the point that he needed a ventilator 24/7 and they were just in the hospital briefly to get the additional necessary training on his travel vent and to confirm the contract with his 24/7 respiratory therapist. When I saw him, if he was still able to hear and comprehend he could give no sign of it. His body, however, was pristine. A perfect wax figure of his past self, with two nurses at all times industriously and systematically applying lotions and shifting weight to keep skin intact, flexing the joints in sequence to stave off contracture, applying drops to his unblinking eyes. A weak cough when they suctioned his trach the only evidence of non-artificial life. No one in the room pretended he could tell them what he wanted. That wasn't their job, their job was to preserve the physical vessel and they were God drat masters of their work.

That evening I wrote out a living will.

JFC.

I signed a living will after the whole Schaivo debacle. No loving way am I going to live like that.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

ButteCysts posted:

This is a comedy forum OP

You're telling me this situation isn't funny?

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
The lawyer for the family backed a bill that would have essentially allowed a family to sue a California hospital for everything. Currently there is a capped limit for accidental deaths. It's $250,000.

The bill failed. His naked greed involving this case went a long ways towards killing it. Before that election he did things like take family members to the Superbowl, buy designer crap, etc. He was--and is--expecting a big payday.

Apparently the family fed the girl a hamburger after surgery. Currently they deny this, but that was their original claim. That, and that no one came to help stop the bleeding. Somewhere along the way this became the hospital and doctors attacking African American children, and racist.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Khazar-khum posted:

Apparently the family fed the girl a hamburger after surgery. Currently they deny this, but that was their original claim. That, and that no one came to help stop the bleeding. Somewhere along the way this became the hospital and doctors attacking African American children, and racist.

The family always presents the narrative they wish to portray. When the Terri Schaivo thing was newsworthy, you would be forgiven for not realizing that she OD'd on diet pills, because that wasn't the part of the story her grieving family wanted to emphasize.

I can't say I'd do anything differently, though. If you love someone you want them to be remembered without fault, and if you're the one ignoring discharge orders and it kills your kid, you surely don't want that to be the headline, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So when does it come out that Dan Lirette is involved in this somehow

• Locked thread