Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
Free Jahi Jahi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Im gonna say her soul is tethered to her corpse and is screaming eternally to be let free into whatever afterlife. The parents shoul be wary, I know some wizards in the area who need a soul to finish some rituals.

Degenerate Star
Oct 27, 2005
unlikely

Nigmaetcetera posted:

They made fun of the mother of an anencephalic baby for being Christian and not having an abortion even though she knew she was having an abomination whose very existence was a mockery of humanity; they only harassed the father, because he was a deadbeat.

It wasn't the Christianity, except that it led her to make a stunningly bad decision. It was the fact that she blogged every day of Baby Faith/Hope/Charity/Whatever's life as she played dress-up with it, despite having to cover the open back of the skull with knit caps and taping the eyes in place to keep them from sinkng into the skull.

It was somehow worse than this girl, and most goons never met a shitshow they couldn't make just a little bit worse.

Also the father joined the forums because he heard he was an internet star.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Has anyone said Terri Schiavo is kind of alive-o yet?

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Whenever the family needs money, they have a 'press release' about Jahi. Brings in the donations so Mom can keep her elaborate nails & hair going.

Jailbrekr
Apr 8, 2002
A TOWN LEVELED BY AN EXPLOSION? DOZENS LIKELY KILLED? OH GOD LET ME SEE THAT SWEET VIDEO OH MY GOD I'M CUMMING
:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

gentle pete posted:

That makes it cool, and normal.

You're right, you're living proof that victims of anacephalia can go on to live normal, healthy lives and even become GBS superstars.

sootikins
May 24, 2008

Did I ever. Remember it as if it were yesterday. Soon as I woke, I went to empty my bowels - my favorite part of the day. Defecatin' to the sunrise - downright glorious.

gentle pete posted:

At least it's not as bad as the one where goons spent years harassing the parents of an anencephalic baby for being Christian

Front page articles about poison wombs making heaven full - better or worse than the thread about Faith and her train wreck parents?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Degenerate Star posted:

It wasn't the Christianity, except that it led her to make a stunningly bad decision. It was the fact that she blogged every day of Baby Faith/Hope/Charity/Whatever's life as she played dress-up with it, despite having to cover the open back of the skull with knit caps and taping the eyes in place to keep them from sinkng into the skull.

It was somehow worse than this girl, and most goons never met a shitshow they couldn't make just a little bit worse.

That thing's continued existence was offensive to me in a way that cannot be expressed with words.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

sootikins posted:

Front page articles about poison wombs making heaven full - better or worse than the thread about Faith and her train wreck parents?

poison wombs is what makes SA great

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Khazar-khum posted:

Whenever the family needs money, they have a 'press release' about Jahi. Brings in the donations so Mom can keep her elaborate nails & hair going.

Yep. The only thing mamma is in denial about is her chances of winning the lawsuit lottery.

Even "go away" money would be life changing for this family (these kinds of cases rarely make it to court - they're typically either settled or dropped way before that). If someone else is footing the bill for the futile care, then the only thing that's going to make mamma decide to pull the plug is developing a conscience about neglecting her other kids.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Degenerate Star posted:

it didnt help that the father was just a massive piece of poo poo. He was street preacher evangelical who was married and took attvantage of the girl and knocked her up and basicaly hushed her up. then the baby comes out all hosed up and he uses it as pro-life platform and she follows suit because she is a sad fool.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Sheep-Goats posted:

I hope she meets a nice corpse boyfriend and the mom wears him like a suit and impregnates her daughter with his dangle and then the Churchies will be on the TV going SEE SEE and then the baby is stillborn.

then they hook the stillborn up to machines and pump fluids through it, and it's one big happy corpse family

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
It is incredibly racist to suggest that a young black woman is "brain dead" simply according to your normative standards.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Dapper_Swindler posted:

it didnt help that the father was just a massive piece of poo poo. He was street preacher evangelical who was married and took attvantage of the girl and knocked her up and basicaly hushed her up. then the baby comes out all hosed up and he uses it as pro-life platform and she follows suit because she is a sad fool.

Was that Dan Lirrette? I had forgotten about him.

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

the mom is obvs some kind of necromancer and has her soul stored in the little girls body or is stealing her youth

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
I've started reading through the various legal finding for this case and it actually raises some interesting legal issues which are independent of whether the hospital hosed up and the motives of the parents for continuing the action.

In some ways it needs to go to trial to resolve some absurd contradictions which the case highlights.

Firmy Shoyombo
Apr 3, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

http://kesselrunin12parsecs.tumblr.com/

cool tree bro
Jul 27, 2010
Sucks to be a brain dead meat puppet for an emotionally stunted parent who can't accept loss.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

cool tree bro posted:

Sucks to be a brain dead meat puppet for an emotionally stunted parent who can't accept loss.

The only thing mamma can't accept the loss of is the potential compensation bucks. That's all this charade is about and the "if she's dead I deserve money and if she's alive I deserve money" filings make that clear. Kid is 15. In the event the action on kid's behalf succeeded, who do you think gets that money when kid's body eventually fails (and it will)?

Mamma wants a much bigger pay day than she stands to get if kid is currently "dead". Kid needs to be "alive" in order for that to happen.

A far more interesting question is why the state of New Jersey is willing to pay for indefinite futile care. If they will do that for someone from out of state who is "dead", does that mean they do it for everyone in NJ indefinitely as long as there's a relative who wants futile care continued?

Lolie fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Mar 24, 2016

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

cool tree bro posted:

Looks like she is doing good with accepting gain

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

That lawyer needs to register an account here

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Lolie posted:

Yep. The only thing mamma is in denial about is her chances of winning the lawsuit lottery.

Even "go away" money would be life changing for this family (these kinds of cases rarely make it to court - they're typically either settled or dropped way before that). If someone else is footing the bill for the futile care, then the only thing that's going to make mamma decide to pull the plug is developing a conscience about neglecting her other kids.

It's legally capped at 250 K in California. At a press conference, the uncle said that was 'chump change'.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Khazar-khum posted:

It's legally capped at 250 K in California. At a press conference, the uncle said that was 'chump change'.

It's legally capped for the relatives who have standing to sue but compensation for Jahi herself isn't capped. That's why the parents need her to be "alive". Big award for her, which they will inherit when her body gives up or they change their minds about futile care post-settlement.

Everything seems to be procedural stuff at the moment, so it's hard to assess the extent to which the hospital hosed up.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Do vegetables people become ghosts?

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Lolie posted:

It's legally capped for the relatives who have standing to sue but compensation for Jahi herself isn't capped. That's why the parents need her to be "alive". Big award for her, which they will inherit when her body gives up or they change their minds about futile care post-settlement.

Everything seems to be procedural stuff at the moment, so it's hard to assess the extent to which the hospital hosed up.

That is amazingly hosed up God bless America :allears:

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Blacks...

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

So if they just keep feeding her her vitamins and minerals is she gonna keep growing and eventually turn into an adult dead person?

How does this work?

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

TheKevman posted:

So if they just keep feeding her her vitamins and minerals is she gonna keep growing and eventually turn into an adult dead person?

How does this work?

I assume she's just brain dead, but that her other bodily functions are working just fine, just no one home in the frontal lobe.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

If she does ever come out of the coma I wonder what it will be like?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4on4s3OoD6E

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
that crawfish pic is a real humdinger

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

KiteAuraan posted:

I assume she's just brain dead, but that her other bodily functions are working just fine, just no one home in the frontal lobe.

Well that whole breathing thing isn't working just fine, nor the eating thing.

Keep in mind that at the moment it's still about whether anyone has a cause of action. It's not even about whether the hospital hosed up yet. The hospital's response at the moment is essentially "even if we did, you have no legal cause of action".

I doubt this will ever get to trial, which means the objective facts will likely never be public.

Lolie fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Mar 24, 2016

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

yeah i am feeling alot less sorry for the mom right now. gently caress that oval office. I hope the victim bux start drying up(they will). I mean she put piercings in her dead daughters corpse.

Lolie posted:

The only thing mamma can't accept the loss of is the potential compensation bucks. That's all this charade is about and the "if she's dead I deserve money and if she's alive I deserve money" filings make that clear. Kid is 15. In the event the action on kid's behalf succeeded, who do you think gets that money when kid's body eventually fails (and it will)?

Mamma wants a much bigger pay day than she stands to get if kid is currently "dead". Kid needs to be "alive" in order for that to happen.

A far more interesting question is why the state of New Jersey is willing to pay for indefinite futile care. If they will do that for someone from out of state who is "dead", does that mean they do it for everyone in NJ indefinitely as long as there's a relative who wants futile care continued?

Its a private religious hospital. they will keep the corpse "alive" as long as the mom wants. mama still wants victim buckx so it will be a long time.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah i am feeling alot less sorry for the mom right now. gently caress that oval office. I hope the victim bux start drying up(they will). I mean she put piercings in her dead daughters corpse.

I'm not feeling any more sympathy for mamma, daddy and grandma after reading the filings, but I'm sure feeling a lot less sympathy for the hospital.

I realise their lawyers were scrambling because they were facing an unprecedented situation, but holy poo poo if you wanted to write a manual on how not to deal with a situation which is likely to result in medmal litigation then this case would be a good starting point. If it ever goes to trial, a whole lot of statements made during the initial litigation are going to come back to bite people in the rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
why is she still fat cant they feed her less soylent

• Locked thread