Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Khazar-khum posted:

Apparently the family fed the girl a hamburger after surgery. Currently they deny this, but that was their original claim. That, and that no one came to help stop the bleeding. Somewhere along the way this became the hospital and doctors attacking African American children, and racist.

The family always presents the narrative they wish to portray. When the Terri Schaivo thing was newsworthy, you would be forgiven for not realizing that she OD'd on diet pills, because that wasn't the part of the story her grieving family wanted to emphasize.

I can't say I'd do anything differently, though. If you love someone you want them to be remembered without fault, and if you're the one ignoring discharge orders and it kills your kid, you surely don't want that to be the headline, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Dapper_Swindler posted:

it didnt help that the father was just a massive piece of poo poo. He was street preacher evangelical who was married and took attvantage of the girl and knocked her up and basicaly hushed her up. then the baby comes out all hosed up and he uses it as pro-life platform and she follows suit because she is a sad fool.

Was that Dan Lirrette? I had forgotten about him.

• Locked thread