Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
People getting hurt doesn't actual matter if it doesn't actually effect how he does thing. It's just as uncritical as saying surviving means infallible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Rhyno posted:

After Byrne leaves the books are a mess for years. They don't really recover until Big Time.

It was solid during JMS now it's a mess as they really don't know what to do with the guy.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Dark souls is actually good tho.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Watchmen wishes it was the PJs.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Don't we all.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Why did she adopt a baby, we're they that desperate for a subplot.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

site posted:

Hasn't Xavier dying been a gimmick since like the 80s

He died in the 70s but turns out he faked it because he is an rear end in a top hat.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Mid 80s till New X-men probably.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Hell I would vote for him.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Toxxupation posted:

If you're describing things in bad faith you can make literally anything in comics sound stupid.

What if, like, the ultimate good guy turned out to be secretly evil and destroyed everything by making up a giant psychic squid, which he then blamed on his naked blue god buddy, and was only found out by a psychopath rapist murderer? What then, huh?!

What if a crazy guy who decided to walk around being a vampire after his parents got killed got old? What then?!

Lol way to be a defensive little baby.

Maybe someday Hickman-chan will notice you and I will be the silly one.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Nah I don't care about whatever Lurdiak was trying to do just laughing at the overly defensive dude.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Die Laughing posted:

Bummer everyone brings up those two panels, and not how he was best buds with Reed Richards, or how he turned the Hulk into a happy child when he was around.

To be honest those are infinitely worse. Fan fiction Sentry was the worst Sentry.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

To be fair what he did was apparently against the Inhumans who had just Eugenics his people.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

TFRazorsaw posted:

Isn't that something the Inhumans are doing unintentionally? Like its a side effect of something they can't control?

Nah they released the mists as a giant gently caress you, they didn't give a poo poo about what would happen.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The whole of the Inhumans part was the weakest part of Avengers. Felt like an editorial mandate.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

JoshTheStampede posted:

The x-thread are a bunch of grumpy whiners. All-new and extraordinary are good and Uncanny is ok.

I like the team and setup for Uncanny and the writing is good, it's just lackluster art.

Don't listen to this man, the only good X-men book is Wolverine and 92 if you have a lot of nostalgia for the cartoon.

Everything else is just terrible.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Doesn't make me wrong tho.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

That kind of owns?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

That seems more interesting than whatever teen angst would replace it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Toxxupation posted:

Perhaps you should read the comic before oh, I dunno, pretending you know literally anything about it beyond what you've read in this thread.

The problems you are having are conceptually not with the writing itself so reading the book would have no effect on this conversation.

Though i might pick it up you are actually selling me on it well. I thought it was going to be generic teen drama #100 and it seems he is avoiding that crap for now.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

As they shouldn't.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I thought y'all were mocking the rebirth spoilers, but fair enough I guess.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Mind control arcs are bad. I honestly prefer just making him an actual Nazi to that tired poo poo.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Well....yeah that is how this usually goes. Still hate it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

It would be kinda stupid, just like how this storyline is kinda stupid, but yes it wouldn't be "offensive" or disrespectful to Falcon's creators or whatever horseshit people want to throw around. Falcon is a particularly bad example because he was already retconned into being an evil pimp for a while, which was rapidly undone, because it was really stupid.

When did you become the arbiter of offensiveness? I must have missed the memo.

Also yeah that Falcon story was pretty offensive.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Know one knows or cares about Black Panther tho.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Teenage Fansub posted:

He totally should have died in the movie. The stakes were so low.

You mean you weren't totally invested in the Bucky/Cap drama?!?!?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Nothing about Cyclops is power hungry, even with the most uncharitable interpretation.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Wanderer posted:

I don't think they were consistently drawing parallels between him and Magneto for no reason. He went from a superhero team leader to head of an independent nation-state to the field commander of something he persisted in calling the "Extinction Team" within a relatively short time, and kept making bolder and more worrying moves in the pursuit of mutant freedom.

That was on purpose yeah but everything he did was completely sincere towards those goals.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

In humans are just a poor mans X-men so they by definition can't be better.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

PaybackJack posted:

Hey, give the Inhumans their own comic for 50 years and we'll see how well off they are in non-convoluted plot lines. Ten years from now Black Bolt could be married to a clone of Medusa who's actually another inhuman who's terrigenesis was to make her a physical clone of Medusa in every way!

Do to Hickman I think Black Bolts status is already convoluted.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Wait, Cap and Bucky has a son/father thing since when? All I have read is his Bru run and I didn't get that at all.

Also comics are just published fan wankry so whatevs.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

.....ok?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Bruce and Dick actually have a father son thing is the main difference. Not this weird older men/younger men have a father son thing by default.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I forgot about the reed thing, which no one gave a gently caress about other than calling it kind of dumb.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

But according to the argument being used it doesn't matter as the default relationship is paternal.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Or Bucky being what Bucky is now. Because modern Bucky is basically a whole new character.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

What is so special about that issue?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I find that hilarious as the movie had the same concept but he was not a kid sidekick and it didn't change poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Lol you read a tox post.

• Locked thread