Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I think Fear Itself is good. You should read it. And every single tie-in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The franka-franka-franka is my favorite part.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Vision was already really good but holy poo poo #6 escalated things quickly.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Goddamn right it is. I'd put money on the event revolving around Galactus.

Don't remind me of Hunger :negative:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Guys. Guys. Ultimates #6 is loving AWESOME

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

I need reminding, is the current Marvel 616 aware of Secret Wars? Or was it just the survivors if the incursion and the people that fought Doom before the reset?

The Ultimates are aware that something happened and is the motivation of their first arc. I think T'Challa and Reed (and the FF) are the only ones that know exactly unless it's been explained elsewhere. Doom probably knows too. And I think the Maker in NA is aware of the universe rebooting.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

SynthOrange posted:

Well dont keep us in suspense

The Avengers are tagging along for the story.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This whole CW2 situation at the end with She-Hulk. Doesn't A-Force have a healer? Aren't there at least a couple of healers around in the Marvel universe? Or like anyone with magic? It just seems really stupid to me that they're still bound to conventional medicine in a world of mutants and inhumans and all that crazy poo poo. Like is there really no contingency or means to treat She-Hulk if she's seriously injured?

Also, it's really dumb to play the "someone died" card when at this point like everyone but one or two people have died and been brought back one way or another. Like just go to heaven or hell or limbo or whatever and bring them back. Or wish them back. Or clone them back. Or pull from them another universe back.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

JoshTheStampede posted:

Futurist means "rich white tech dude who thinks the singularity will happen in his lifetime".

Well they fight Ultron every other year.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Even on AvX Cyclops was 100% right.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Holy poo poo, Reader is loving awesome.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It's cool, though. I'm sure he's going to have Carol go insane next issue and kill Banner or do something equally dumb to even the sides as far as who is being the biggest moron goes.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

JoshTheStampede posted:

Not so far, no. So far they've only used the precog to react to incoming world-shaking threats or set traps for threats already incoming. There's been "what if we used this badly what then" slippery slope discussion but no one has actually done that or suggested doing it.

Tony is mad because Rhodey died in a fight when Thanos attacked and people were there waiting because they knew he was coming, rather than letting him kill innocents and then reacting.

In Ms Marvel and Spider-Man they're literally using Ulysses to stop low level crime poo poo. Hell, from the cover of the next Ms Marvel looks like she's going to switch sides.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Squizzle posted:

If the action choreography is even half as good as in Civil War, I'll give it a shot.

The costume design is on point.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So Doom is just hanging out in the Iron Man book and is now possibly going to also be Iron Man too?

Doom, you were god. Like 3 times. What the poo poo are you doing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Kaleidoscope posted:

Do we know it's *that* hammer though? It looks like it but the hammer in Ultimates wasn't given to Thor by Odin, it was made in Midgard so there was no inscription.

At the end of SW Ultimate Thor had that hammer and throws is out to the nothingness so hard it breaks through reality and ends up in 616. I think this was at the end of Thors.

EDIT: Found it

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jul 10, 2016

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Phoenix Scott is going to come back from the dead and make things right for the X-Men.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I need that lockjaw and black bolt book in my life

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Jesus Christ, Vision. :stare:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Killing Bruce off is not dumb. Killing him off this way is dumb. I'm still pissy that he wasn't the new Iron Man.

Doom as Iron Man is going to loving own.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Gilok posted:

The most important appearance of Loki recently has been in Squirrel Girl.

That's a funny way of saying Ms. Marvel.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm glad Dick Rider is back.

I'm also not glad Civil War 2 has been complete poo poo. It's a drat shame because the art is pretty great.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The problem I have with CW2/Ulysees is that based on tie-ins the kid is having 30 visions a day and throwing them out to every loving team and hero that's out there.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sounds like the perfect event for Phoenix Scott to come back and right all wrongs.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

That was different. Writer Doom masturbation beats out the Phoenix any time.

Someone pitch Hickman a What if Doom had the Phoenix Power story.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If Civil War 2 is an exercise in Bendis ruining everything he's ever worked on then he's doing a fantastic job.

Seriously Carol what the gently caress are you doing?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm curious as to what's stopping them from going "Hey so our guy here had a vision where you do this bad thing at X place at Y time. We'd like to discuss why you would do this and to play it safe we're going to ask you to take a vacation or leave the state until Y time happens, thus preventing the vision from occurring. Also don't do try doing that."

So there you go. You can be proactive on poo poo like Thanos (which Carol was right to act upon but she should have called EVERYONE) but stop dumb poo poo like the teenage gestapo we have on Ms Marvel.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jul 27, 2016

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

SirDan3k posted:

How does that end in the required punch em up?

One of the visions show them all fighting but not why so they get in an argument over what they could be fighting about, leading to a fight about why would they fight about a vision of them fighting.

Then it turns out it wasn't a real vision and it was just Ulysses pulling a prank for YouTube.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

No inhuman book is good. Hope this helps, friend.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

twistedmentat posted:

I don't want it to look like Clint wants to gently caress Kate. Like, that's Bruce Wayne loving Barbra Gordon level creepy.

Doesn't this happen in the killing joke movie?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

SilverSupernova posted:

As oddly fitting as that might be, I just want Viv to hook up with Scott so that the Summers and Pym family trees can finally become one.

The world is not ready for this kind of family tree.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

They should make a 6 degrees of Scott Summers mini-series as young Scott keeps running into people he's somewhat related to and he slowly goes insane as he realized just how hosed up the Summers family tree is. That said, in order to keep the story grounded, the series is told from Rockslide's point of view, who's tagging along because he thinks it's hilarious.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

twistedmentat posted:

So far we have seen Ulysses major predictions correct, it's the smaller stuff he's screwing up on, so Carol and her team are kind of ignoring it.

Plus people are being taken in for accidents, not straight up crimes. I was legit thinking that in AN Wolverine, Gabby was going to talk Logan down and they go "maybe Ulysses isn't perfectly predicting things" and there would be some self doubt, but NOPE.

The whole issue was bad. Most tie-ins play the same way: Everyone that has the intel from Ulysses is purposely vague about it and ends up causing the prediction in the first place. Like ok Cap and SHIELD show up based on the intel and what does Cap say? "You're going to kill people" with no more details. So Logan attempts to run away because being detained for poo poo he hasn't done is stupid and flies away on a jet pack. At which point Cap tells Laura "oh yeah by the way Logan and Gabby fly away with a jetpack and then he kills her". A situation that never would have happened if they didn't need to run away from SHIELD.

Motherfucker maybe open with the full details of the vision to all parties involved so that they can avoid it.

Amazing Spider-Man did the same thing but at least there Peter is fully aware that he made the prediction true by being aware of the prediction in the first place and is trying to stop it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

SilverSupernova posted:

And yet, you gloss over the fact that Hercules is also back in.

No one cares about Hercules.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Gwen-Pool is an ok fun book. It doesn't try to be anything more than that and I appreciate it for what it is.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

HIJK posted:

So what's the event after Civil War 2: War Harder going to be?

Marvel vs Cyclops.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

Everything at DC is Johns' fault, and everything at Marvel is Bendis.

This is true.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I would bring back Cyclops, the FF4, and kill all events except for a recurring mini event where a book would randomly get invaded by The Living Ghost.

I would also go for that list of unused ideas Hickman had. Especially Armageddoom.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

America Chavez is apparently so good an idea that she was also taken to Image.

América Chávez owns and should be everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

SilverSupernova posted:

Civil War 2 claimed its biggest casualty today.
Rest in peace, POD.

What the gently caress no. :(

• Locked thread