Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Newsarama are reporting Angela and Howling Commandos are done-zo.
http://www.newsarama.com/28517-marvel-cancels-angela-queen-of-hel-howling-commandos-of-s-h-i-e-l-d.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Ferrule posted:

So in a few other threads several people had recommended The Vision to other posters and I finally got around to going to my LCS the other day and picked up the first 3 issues and Holy poo poo! Thank you so much! That book is amazing.

Check out his Sheriff of Babylon and Omega Men too. Especially Sheriff since nobody posts about new Vertigo books. That thread is lonely.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Mar 24, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

MonsterWalk posted:

So, I'm thinking of jumping back into comics after taking a couple of years off (I stopped buying comics when Secret Warriors ended. (Goddamn, how good was Secret Warrirors?)) I have Marvel Unlimited and I'm catching up.

Generally, my tastes line up with BSS and I'm thinking of picking up 5 books a month. Any suggestions?

Here are my five post-2010 comics to try: Follow Jonathan Hickman from Secret Warriors into Fantastic Four (then later on, Avengers/New Avengers/Infinity/Secret Wars), Uncanny X-Force by Rick Remender, Thor: God of Thunder by Jason Aaron, Hawkeye by Matt Fraction, and Daredevil by Mark Waid :)

e: Or do you mean you want five current comics to follow?

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Mar 27, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Can Sienkiewicz's New Mutants issues be read by alone, or should I go through the first 17 issues first?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The art on Ultimates #6 :stare:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/exclusive-previews-unbeatable-squirrel-girl-7-hyperion-5-astonishing-ant-man-7

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Is Pleasant Hill all in crucial chapters? The only comic I'll be reading between the bookends will the Captain America, so I'll probably be lost at the end.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMVJfp834uw
:stare:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

There's also the Secret Wars mini in between them.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I find comicvine has pretty good notes on when a series gets renumbered and starts new with a list of trades and what issues they contain.

For example: http://comicvine.gamespot.com/daredevil/4050-41410/

quote:

Continued from Daredevil (Vol. 2) *link* . THE DEVIL IS REBORN. RENEWED. RESSURECTED. Having turned his world upside down over the past several years, Matt Murdock realizes that justice may not be blind to his past and villains may not be the only ones looking for answers. It lasted for 36 issues, after which the comic was revamped as Daredevil (vol.4) *link* with the same creative team.

Written by Mark Waid.

Artists for the series include:

Paolo Rivera (#1-3, #7, #9-10)
Marcos Martin (#1, #4-6)
Kano (#8)
Khoi Pham (#10.1 & #13)
Marco Checchetto (#11)
Chris Samnee (#12, #14-16, #18 onwards)
Mike Allred (#17).
Jock (#27)
Javier Rodriguez (#28-29)

Collected Editions

Trade Paperbacks

Daredevil by Mark Waid Vol. 1 (#1-6)
Daredevil by Mark Waid Vol. 2 (#7-10, #10.1 and The Amazing Spider-Man #677)
Amazing Spider-Man: Big Time - The Complete Collection Vol. 2 (#8)
Daredevil by Mark Waid Vol. 3 (#11-15, Avenging Spider-Man #6 and The Punisher #10)
Daredevil by Mark Waid Vol. 4 (#16-21)
Superior Spider-Man Team-Up: Friendly Fire (#22)
Daredevil by Mark Waid Vol. 5 (#22-27)
Daredevil by Mark Waid Vol. 6 (#28-32)
Daredevil by Mark Waid Vol. 7 (#31-36)

Deluxe Editions

Daredevil by Mark Waid Vol. 1 (#1-10, #10.1 and The Amazing Spider-Man #677)
Daredevil by Mark Waid Vol. 2 (#11-21, Avenging Spider-Man #6 and Punisher #10)
Daredevil by Mark Waid Vol. 3 (#22-36)

You kinda have to keep an eye out on monthly solicits to keep up with what's coming out ahead of time.
Previews will give you the current and upcoming week in a big list. http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/1/71/954

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Apr 2, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/articles/punisher-gets-locked-and-loaded-in-new-series/1100-155238/
C'mon Steve...

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

A-Force's new art is fantastic.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/comic-previews/a-force-5-marvel-comics-2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

zoux posted:

Since I'm only on this side of it it could just be bias, but is a lot of talent moving from DC to Marvel?

Apparently Prez is still coming back with Caudwell, so I don't know if I'd count this.
Charles Soule, Jeff Lemire and Andreas Sorrentino moving to Marvel were huge last year. They were doing comics all over, but mostly for DC, while DC got John Romita Jr. I think Marvel won that one.

Now DC's got a Sam Humphries comic coming out while Cullen Bunn's seemingly quit them. Greg Pak strangely didn't have a Rebirth comic announced, so I'd say that's one for Marvel, but it just got announced that he's on this new Kamandi project, so I dunno. His Action Comics artist, Aaron Kuder was absent from the Rebirth announcement, while just getting pegged for Marvel covers. That might be something. Tom King got married to DC, which put an end to him writing Marvel's best comic.

The biggest loss for DC right now is definitely the entire Batgirl team to an Image comic, but there was also Marvel guys Esad Ribic and Jerome Opena at that thing. Genevieve Valentine fell out of DC, but hasn't got a Marvel comic either. Both companies threw away Marguerite Bennett this year.

I'm gonna stop trying to think of examples now, but it doesn't seem to be a landslide either way.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Apr 8, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

zoux posted:

I have no idea how exclusivity or contracts work, are most creators free to do whatever or are most locked into a single company?

Should I be psyched about a Lemire Moon Knight?

Most are freelance. For the DC Rebirth event they made a big deal out of exclusive signings, but it was still only around 10 writers and artists.

I find Lemire has about a 50% chance of me loving his comic or being pretty disappointed.
Have you read his other stuff? Animal Man and Green Arrow are good superhero runs from him. Old Man Logan is going well currently.
His indie stuff is the best, but those sensibilities don't seem to come out very strongly in his 'big two' comics.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Apr 8, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I dunno if they literally said that, but that arc was called '3' or something and had countdown on the cover with a '4' tombstone and all that.

e: 'Countdown to Casualty!'

ee: and a polybag for the issue, of course.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Apr 11, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The original. Strange Tales is on Unlimited (#110's where Doc starts)

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I think I just discovered Joe Casey and Joe Kelly aren't one guy.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Vision 4 was reprinted before 5, but 5 hasn't been. Maybe they're super sore about the DC thing.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

... or is everything?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Hey I'm lazy, who was the first person to post about needing Vision #5?

Ferrule posted:

Hey - I haven't been to my LCS in a while. When I went yesterday, they were out of Vision #4 & #5. I've added it to my pull list so this won't happen again. But, I'd like to read those two issues before I read #6. Anyone have floppies they'd be willing to sell? I don't like digital, prefer to own full runs, and can't find any (or any reasonably priced, really eBay, 9 bucks for issue 4?) on-line. Or do any of you insiders know if they're being re-printed? Thanks.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

Do you think Marvel will hire Shelley Bond and restart Marvel Knights under her? :unsmigghh:

Did the handful of MK miniseries a few years ago do anything?
After All-New Ultimate flopped and Secret Wars was about consolidating, they might not be too interested in imprints.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I expect it to start pretty fresh, unless you need to know who and why people are on Avengers teams.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Shawn posted:

The Jae Lee series? I'm pretty sure that's universally loved. It's the only inhumans thing past their origin that I've heard good things about.

They've been good since Infinity under Charles Soule, IMO. Uncanny Inhumans has been based in Black Bolt's nightclub for the last several months. It's great.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

It is a shame that Inhumans... never sustain a book.

They've got two comics right now.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

http://marvel.com/news/comics/26135/patsy_walker_meets_natasha_allegri

:swoon:

I wish there were comments on the article. If people are already pissed at cute girl focused Marvel comics...

e: How was the new Punisher?

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 06:53 on May 5, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I think the incursions still happened, including the events of the 'Last Days' issues according to Ms Marvel. Her and Bruno still had their moment awaiting the end of the world, which now just didn't happen.

I haven't been keeping up with Iron Man or Uncanny Avengers (for Steve) but have they indicated their whole pre-SW fight still happened? I suppose Reed could've just left that out for their sakes.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Hickman's Avengers? The time travel and, vibrating planet/alternate Avengers arcs were worse than anything in Infinity.

Dude was seeding Inhumans into the story since Fantastic Four.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

:worship:

http://www.newsarama.com/29262-disney-brings-tsum-tsum-to-the-marvel-universe.html

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

If you need a reason to pick up the X-Statix omnibus, it contains three of the rare few issues that Darwyn Cooke ever drew for Marvel.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Old Man Logan and E For Extinction were my favorite tie-ins. Especially E and especially for the art!

Also

I wish this Tsum Tsum thing was an actual crossover and not just covers.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

X-O posted:

it looks really dumb.

Yeah! Imagine if everyone was forced to take time out to write an invasion of plush toys. It'd be incredible.

e: An issue of that right in the middle of a deluxe complete Tom King Vision OHC. I wanna live in a world where that happened.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 21:55 on May 16, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

"It was The Hood or The Flash. See ya suckers!" - Joshua Williamson

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I know Weirdworld looks amazing.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It's just silly that that's the cliffhanger when we've heard over and over what this kid's deal is. Blame the promo department, I guess.
It was okay. Alllll set-up, so who knows.

What was the FCBD issue about? Was it a flash forward into the story?

e: I haven't finished Pleasant Hill, but did Hill's thoughts on villain rehabilitation seem to flow on from that? She just went through her own supervillain treatment system failing spectacularly, right?

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 04:21 on May 19, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Toxxupation posted:

So far, yeah, I'm digging CWII.

There a thread for it yet?

I think it's making tie-in's of so many books, it might as well stay here.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 04:47 on May 19, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Remember everything after Secret Wars you can blame on Franklin Richards.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Johnny Storm's balls welcome you to the Inhumans.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I dunno if this has been guessed at to death already, but does anyone wanna bet that everything in this series after the party, or meeting the Inhumans ends up being a vision, and he solves it himself by walking away?
That'd be an easy way to have as many deaths as you want with no consequence.

e: And wasting everyone's time taking back whatever happens for months in the series' tying-in would just be hilarious.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jun 1, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I think the shattered NOW in a Marvel NOW suggests that new comics will be launched based on divisions in the fallout of Civil War, like Tony's Avengers #1 and Carol's Avengers #1.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

My favourite thing in CWII1 is it just hard cutting into the aftermath. Now I don't think I want to read the FCBD issue to see it actually happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

He totally should have died in the movie. The stakes were so low.

• Locked thread