Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Days 34-40. Big Boss Raiden.

What you'll see in the update is the second attempt to record events staring with day 34. The first one ended up with no sound (and no progress) so I scrapped it, saving only a few gifs.

Uneven ground door stab. Goh uses telekinesis and pulls it off with his eyes closed:

Kenobi ninja facial animation :stare::

Why you don't want to fight Yojimbo fair:

In spite of what you see in the gif I failed the mission by falling down a well when there were only 2-3 enemies remaining on the map. I also fell down my own pit trap during garden defence once, and you do lose random inventory items if you die there.

And I use discarded footage for the episode picture:

The dashing stranger.

Letters:

quote:

quote:

quote:

whether they will feel comfortable assigning difficult missions to you.

If their letters contain lines such as, "this may be difficult for you", then they still aren't convinced of your skill. Their opinion of your skill will gradually increase as you complete missions for them. Also, the more difficult the mission you complete, the more their opinion of your skill will increase.

As their opinion of you increases, you will be paid more and be trusted with more important missions. But even if a particular lord has little respect for you, he may ask you to perform a difficult mission if he thinks you are skilled enough. You'll need to accept some difficult missions if you want to move ahead in the world.

quote:

stopping a fast enemy like him. And if you think you're up to it, you could also try making him step on a Land Mine. You might also try using a Speed or Strength Potion to make yourself more formidable.

quote:

A lord's Provisions is how much food he has to feed his men. If he runs out of food, his men can starve, and starving troops are weaker than usual. One method of attacking an enemy is to target his Provisions and weaken his men.

To you, though, both of these are just tools to be used in the course of your missions. Read the kawaraban newspapers and think about what each lord might want the most at that time. If you give them what they want, you're sure to be rewarded handsomely.

:siren: If the FAQs are right, the next story mission will be from Onji and is not lord-specific. Let's do whatever

A:

quote:

B:

quote:

C:

quote:

D:

quote:

E:

quote:

P.S.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I'd say that you'd think Akame would learn to stand slightly back but all of the lords seem to enjoy letting their soldiers just whip out arrows and swords and use them right beside them or loose an arrow past their heads so clearly this is some sort of colossal failure in leadership.

Is there any benefit to actually working toward removing a lord from the game. Sadame seems ripe for it.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Kibayasu posted:

Is there any benefit to actually working toward removing a lord from the game.
Unless you're going for the hidden "everyone's happy" ending (I'm not), you have to kill two lords to help the third one take over the region.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Auugh, I want to vote for that high-paying Akame mission, but I can't refuse someone who wants mushrooms!

D

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I guess A because I don't know what else to do!

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

C, because that general seemed like a cool enough guy.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Voting D because mushroom and Mistery Man.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

C, because that general seemed like a cool enough guy.

Yeah, sure.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
D because collecting mushrooms seems exciting.

Leximancer
Oct 24, 2010
Another vote for D here.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

This game's progression problems remind me of Bladestorm from Koei. The "plot," so to speak, doesn't advance until certain missions are done, and only then if you have also advanced a meter to full. The game gates classes and weapons behind this advancement, but does a poor job of telling you what missions you need to actually move things along. On top of that, it's easy to get so powerful that any mission you take can be done in 5 minutes. So you just end up steamrolling missions for hours waiting for something to happen but you don't know what.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

A
CC
DDDD

:negative:

You do remember that last time the Mystery Man was two bears high-fiving?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The road to Takejutsu Mastery is not without its ordeals.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

SelenicMartian posted:

A
CC
DDDD

:negative:

You do remember that last time the Mystery Man was two bears high-fiving?

Learn. Learn from mistakes.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Days 41-43. Too hot to handle.

Night on the town.

Letters:

quote:

These things are very important to the feudal lords, and are usually sold by merchants. When a particular lord's men get stronger, it can affect how difficult it will be for you to successfully complete missions from then on. When you see a mission that involves Secret Documents or Plans, think long and hard about which lord you want to get the item in question.

Onji

quote:

quote:

quote:

that in mind as you help me rid Utakata of our enemies.

quote:

some of their members were on the wild side.

That's all I know at the moment.

Onji

Alchemy:

quote:

:siren: Who gets the gun?

:siren: What do we name the pot? The name might not come into play for a while.

:siren: I could try to batch process shots of the ingredients list into a single picture and put it here. Does anyone want to try figuring out the best ways to get later special mixes in the thread?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
My vote is just against Ichijo.

For the Pot, call it My pet pot, Spot

Zanzibar Ham fucked around with this message at 14:58 on May 30, 2016

Doopliss
Nov 3, 2012
The weirdest thing about that episode was that they had a flashback, and suddenly all the voice-actors started convincingly conveying emotion. Then it snapped back to the current time and the VAs went back to doing... Whatever it is they're doing. I don't have the slightest idea what to make of it.

The gun goes to Ichijo. We can't allow such a potent weapon to get into the hands of someone competent.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

So that was Akame that attacked us? Well my first instinct to to say gently caress that guy.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Voting that Ichijo gets the guns to try and keep some balance between the three lords.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Forget about all that, did I notice a longer grappling hook? :getin:

Anyway, Ichijo

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Gonna say give the gun to Ichijo and name the pot Hot.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Lotish posted:

name the pot Hot.

Yeah, simplicity trumps... whatever it is I was going for.

Doopliss
Nov 3, 2012

Kibayasu posted:

So that was Akame that attacked us? Well my first instinct to to say gently caress that guy.

Akame just openly announced that he's the one who attacked us the first time we met him. And then suggested we work with him. Guy has balls, if nothing else.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Kibayasu posted:

How about instead, we join him. That way we can betray him in the most wonderful of ways.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

And thus our not-dad Ichijo will get the gun, the pot will be Hot, and no one cares for alchemy.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Days 44-45. Ichijo's Hair.

Seriously, look at it.

Letters:

quote:

quote:

quote:

knocked out. They're no match for you individually, but they can sometimes come together to form large groups led by an especially powerful savage, so it's best to stay on your guard.

By the way, if you listen to the sounds they make, it sounds almost like a language. You might want to try listening to it sometime.

Onji

quote:

quote:

This didn't happen:

:siren:Mission vote!

A:

quote:

on.

Go to Negishi Pavilion where it's swarming with Akame's people. Go and wipe them out.

There will be lots of enemies, but you're Crow. You can't lose.

B:

quote:

We can't allow someone like that to get away. There will be passing through Ryonin Market tonight. Go there and take care of them for me.

I've got information that someone resembling Taraba Ninja is involved in this mission. It's never simple is it? This might be somewhat difficult for someone like you. I'm expecting as much as you can deliver. Good luck.

C:

quote:

members making the journey, but I'd be especially disturbed if they were killed and rumours of the Amurita Faith's incompetence were to spread.

Protect the cart until it reaches the main highway.

I've got information that someone resembling Mosu Ninja is involved in this mission. It's never simple is it? This might be somewhat difficult for someone like you. I'm expecting as much as you can deliver. Good luck.

D:

quote:

I can't allow that. Yoshizo Iiyama must be killed.

Yoshizo Iiyama is Sadame's right hand man. Without him, the enemy will be helpless.

I've got information that someone resembling Taraba Ninja is involved in this mission. This could be trouble. This mission may be too much for you, but I have high hopes.

E:

quote:

large bear we won't have to worry about provisions for a while.

It's a dangerous mission, but when we announced that a double portion will be granted to the one who kills the bear, many a man rushed to Phantom Forest in a frenzy.

How about it? Will you test your skills along with my men?

This is an ideal mission for someone of your caliber. How about it? It's in your hands now.

F:

quote:

went out to kill it. They don't know about your mission so it's possibly best to avoid them.

This mission may be too much for you, but I have high hopes.

:siren: Need two pet pot names.

SelenicMartian fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Jul 7, 2016

Doopliss
Nov 3, 2012
Name one of the pots Rupee and kill off Akame's general. I can kinda get behind an insane cultist ruling Utakata, but Akame's just a dick.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
B for maximum profit, and for names go with Terry and Ash

I guess it shouldn't be that surprising that Crow was an rear end in a top hat, considering the nickname. Also the fact he's kind of an rear end in a top hat right now what with working for everyone against everyone.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Akame's getting too far ahead of the others, so lets knock him down by killing his general. B!

I like Rupee.

How long can pot name's be? Because something like Grampa's Urn occurs to me.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I'm going with B too because everyone may be crazy, but Akame's been the only one crazy enough to attack Goh's Garden of Death so far.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

We bust Akame's oxcart and name our pottery Rupee and Terry's Grampa.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Days 46-48. Water Wheel Wooing.

Watch them fly.

Letters:

quote:

If you find that your enemies have become resistant to your weapons or have learned to avoid them, you'll need to use something stronger or stop using that tool for a while until it starts working again.

quote:

quote:

quote:

going to make me say it....?

quote:

:siren: Kinu's on the case! Which case?

A:

quote:

If we can attack that cart and cut off the enemy's supplies, they'll starve to death! We can win the war without even having to fight.

This might be somewhat difficult for someone like you. I'm expecting as much as you can deliver. Good luck.

B:

quote:

All you have to do is carry the rice bag through Rokudo Valley. It's very important, so don't lose it.

I've got information that someone resembling Mosu Ninja is involved in this mission. It's never simple is it? I've seen you handle things like this with no problems. Best of luck to you.

C:

quote:

This is an ideal mission for someone of your caliber. How about it? It's in your hands now.

D:

quote:

never to cross me!

I'm sure you know that the Ichijo clan is now suffering a terrible famine. If we don't go now, when will we?

E:

quote:

headquarters and is now being chased by the enemy's men. They somehow made it to Sengen Town, but are now trapped there.

I need you to bring this rice merchant to me. Given our current situation, I'm sure they could help us a great deal.

SelenicMartian fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Jul 7, 2016

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

I can't believe that happened. The culprit was... a water wheel?!

This game. :allears:

I played a whole bunch of this game, but I never got to this far in the story even though I thought I got 60 days in. Genuinely thought this was just a ninja game with little to no overarching plot. Roughly how far are you through it now?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Roughly how far are you through it now?
Maybe halfway-ish? There's no guide for the story, and I vaguely remember it hasn't hit peak crazy yet.

Has anyone been keeping track, are we still in Chapter 1? Is this where MGS5 got the idea?

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
B, because I love food and everything food-related

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Mission E sounds interesting. If only it was a mushroom merchant...

Is it possible to kill all 3 leaders in the same playthrough? Not voting for doing that, just wondering if you could.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

So I guess enemies learn to avoid your garden traps as well. It seems none of the attackers ran over them.

I guess we'll help feed Ichiro with E because that assassination mission was a hell of a thing.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Did E. Strange things happened.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Days 49-52. Have my body as a reward.

Bigger.

Letters:

quote:

quote:

quote:

when I tried looking into some of the smaller fragments that surrounded the first soul fragment I found.

Also, you have probably noticed that while the fragments themselves are warm to the touch, the vapour that they emit is strangely cold. It's difficult to describe how they feel. They have an oddly clammy texture, but also a pleasant elasticity. I even tried licking one once, and it tasted like... a waterwheel? Very strange.

I also found that if you leave one in the garden, it'll scare the birds away. There might be some unusual uses for these fragments...

Anyway, that's what I have learned so far. I hope it was useful.

Onji

quote:

quote:

decided to contact you.

I wish you good luck in your work.

Tome Ushida

quote:

Response from base requested.

:siren: This week's mission selection ranges from piss-easy to insane.

A:

quote:

B:

quote:

C:

quote:

D:

quote:

E:

quote:

Go to Fudo Castle and steal their rice. Of course, you'll bring the rice you steal back to us...

Not a bad plan, eh? Two birds with one stone and all that.

I've got information that someone resembling Taraba Ninja is involved in this mission. It's never simple is it? Even for you, this may be somewhat gruelling. Be sure to take caution.

F:

quote:

Steal them and bring them to me.

It seems that the Akame clan is suffering a famine. This is a one in a million chance...

I've got information that someone resembling Kenobi Ninja is involved in this mission. It's never simple is it? Even for you, this may be somewhat gruelling. Be sure to take caution.

:siren: Expensive cannonball: yea or nay?

SelenicMartian fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Jul 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
E, because hearing "no food" brings some kind of grim serenity to my mind.

Nay for cannonball

• Locked thread