Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skullhead tethyis
Dec 30, 2015
F the taraba don't gently caress around and a castle infiltration mission should have squishier meat

also yes with 0% apy, no money down after main in rebate you too can afford an enitre wall of cannons, makes battleships jealous!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

It seems the universe wants Akame taken down a notch or two further and since we're obviously going to buy a cannon wall we'll need money, so F I guess.

Also, never help that merchant again.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
CANNON WALL.

Also, wait. Does this mean that Kinu is now dead and being impersonated by one of the twins? What happens if you win that mission?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

whowhatwhere posted:

CANNON WALL.

Also, wait. Does this mean that Kinu is now dead and being impersonated by one of the twins? What happens if you win that mission?
Just a coincidence. Kinu's fine just like Goh after falling down a well.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Stealing papers and buying the cannon now.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Days 53-55. Balls!

Balls, I say!

The update may put you to sleep (works on me), so skip to 30:11 for balls.

Letters:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Our next trap mission:

quote:

:siren: Which lord, do you think, could use Learning Kanji?

SelenicMartian fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Jul 7, 2016

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

This update has used the secret ninja technique

Of being set private.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

G'oh!

Fixed.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I was not expecting Bullet Bill to come from Cannon Wall.

Ichrio seems like the scholarly type.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

So...why does the swordmaster hit Sadame with that "technique?" Is it just a joke scene or is it a sign the technique was a dud and you don't have to worry about her troops being upgraded if you fight her?

And I'm shocked you only lost -2% trust from Akame after killing half a dozen of his men at least and striking him with your sword at least twice. The man is very understanding for a lunatic.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Lotish posted:

Is it just a joke scene or is it a sign the technique was a dud and you don't have to worry about her troops being upgraded if you fight her?
Oh, they are upgraded and deadlier, but Shinobido doesn't like competent people in its cutscenes. Akame's goons hit him two or three times, and Sadame started off by stepping on a landmine.

Any other opinions on the recipient of the ABC scroll?

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
Give the kanji book to Sadame

Zushio
May 8, 2008
I'm on board with giving the book to Sadame.

Want to say also that this is a special game and this might be my favorite ongoing LP. Every episode it delivers.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

:stonk:

Sessile
Feb 27, 2008

Dank, cursed mushrooms~
:getin:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Days 56-59. Potency medicine.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Letters:

quote:

quote:

by selecting "Choose Mission" and then "DISC". You may encounter ninja techniques that even you have never seen, so why not give it a look from time to time?

quote:

quote:

quote:

:siren: Missions!

A:

quote:

B:

quote:

C:

quote:

D:

quote:

out into the open. I mimicked Ichijo's messy handwriting when I wrote it. I was an excellent forger -- in a former life, of course.

I managed to convince one of the merchants close to Ichijo's samurai general to come over to our side. All you have to do is go to Murakumo Fortress and hand over the box with the document inside. The merchant will take care of the rest.

As I'm sure you know, if we don't do something about Ichijo soon, we may never be able to stop them. Don't mess this up.

It seems that the Ichijo clan is suffering a famine. This is a one in a million chance...

This'll be a piece of cake for you. Thanks a lot.

E:

quote:

F:

quote:

Something's wrong there, isn't it? I already have enough on my mind, why does everybody want to make me so angry?!

Anyways, according to the reports of my followers, those girls are acting as spies for Ichijo. No wonder they wouldn't listen to what I had to say.

Crow, deliver them from this world.

This'll be a piece of cake for you. Thanks a lot.

SelenicMartian fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Jul 7, 2016

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Cannon wall continues to be ridiculously glorious. I wonder if its even possible to adapt to that like the barbarians did when they started to run around the traps in your previous garden.

I'll go with D because Ichiro does seem to be getting a bit too big for his britches, but Akame is still on my shitlist :colbert:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

How about mission D? I'm curious if that leads to a follow up where we can fight Ichijo's general.

And man Sadame is a weird lady.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
I love the rain sound effect in this game. It sounds like the sound effect guy went to the bathroom, recorded two seconds of the water running, and decided that was good enough.

Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

I'LL GET YOU THIS YEAR! EVEN IF I SAID THIS LAST YEAR TOOOOOO
God I love the smell of salty succubi in the morning
Did I hear "send fake documents to a samurai general for shits and giggles?"

Understandably, my vote goes to D. It's kind of a shame we couldn't have sent the learning Kanji to either the savages or the kenobi clan, though.

Sessile
Feb 27, 2008

I think Sadame has made it perfectly clear that she is the true creep of Utakata. Yet somehow, I can't stop wanting to back her. Let's go with D and start working towards that Sadame ending

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

D it is. Let's lure out a general.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Days 60-61. The decision point.

General protection fault.

Letters:

quote:

Here's the most important mission.

quote:

:siren: This is the big decision. Do we stick with Sadame, or turn on her and side with Akame or Ichijo?:siren:

:siren:Also, I need a potency pot name.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

That was certainly a lucky fall. And the skill point system remains as arcane and baffling as ever. -33 points for silently dispatching your target in record time? Can the game tell that part of that was blind luck?

I say we go whole hog on Sadame. The woman is batshit and this crazy world deserves her.

I have no idea what to name the pot other than to sink to potty humor and call it "Chamber."

Actually, a story: When my uncles were children they had to share a bedroom in a house that had been built in the day of outhouses, obliging them to keep a chamber pot under the bed. My younger uncle was a big fan of popcorn, and would often go to bed with a bowl of the stuff and have a fistful when he woke up in the morning. Unfortunately for him, one night his brother mistook the popcorn bowl for the chamber pot while he was half-asleep. You can imagine his reaction when he woke up and reached down for some breakfast.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jul 7, 2016

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
Stick with the creep. Con artists the best artists :v:

I'd name the pot "Goulash". It just came to my mind and there is no particular reason for it being Goulash.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Well I don't know how we got so much trust with Sadame compared to the rest but I bet it involved a lot of mushrooms. Guess we might as well stick with the creepy statue fondler, turn this part of Japan into Cult Land while Goh lives in his hut, oblivious.

As for a pot, since its a potency pot, "Potent Potable," because I get all my references from late 90's SNL skits.

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

We need to stay the top dog backstabber, and we'll be able to walk all over Ichijo if he's in charge, so let's flip the script and murder Sadame. She's too good at this game, and we're the only ones who seem to realize she's completely full of poo poo. Everyone already knows Ichijo is incompetent.

SovietPotatoe
May 14, 2011

Master of the Duncspawn Taint
Clearly, after spending the entire game getting Sadame to trust us the only logical conclusion is to murder her and put Ichijo in charge.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Shame there doesn't appear to be an option to kill them all. As I recall, the last one you leave alive wins by default and you don't get a chance to kill them, yeah?

Zushio
May 8, 2008
I like Sadame, might as well drink the Kool-Ade.

Also, how about Silky Touch or Nilbog for the pot?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Any more votes? 1 day to count.

Lotish posted:

Shame there doesn't appear to be an option to kill them all. As I recall, the last one you leave alive wins by default and you don't get a chance to kill them, yeah?
Yes, you either kill no one or two of them. And you can't switch after this choice.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Any reason you're not trying to unite all three?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Any reason you're not trying to unite all three?
I like the normal ending and uniting them delivers the extra good hidden one. I'll do that off-screen in NG+.

skullhead tethyis
Dec 30, 2015
So, what actually affects the power bars?
like, why is sadame's bar so large but her general's unit so small, and does it have have anything to do with the wood-based innuendo she keeps sending you?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Maybe all those mushrooms boosted Sadame's stats, maybe working for a lord eventually makes the lord stronger. The red section of the power bars seems to reflect how much we've worked for each of the three stooges.
General's bars shrink in cold water if you kill troops, and the green one reflect the tech level.

skullhead tethyis
Dec 30, 2015

SelenicMartian posted:

[General's bars shrink in cold water if you kill troops, and the green one reflect the tech level.
another question then
does the game simulate battles Larry,Mo, and Curly? or is it all just dice rolls.
and what of the other ninja clans? how do they factor into the power bars?(if at all)

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

The other clans are for hire, so they aren't lord troops.

Other events are probably on die rolls or scripted outcomes, e.g. a blueprint delivery mission succeeds by default if you ignore it. There's also the money and food supply simulation somewhere there but we don't know how that works either.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sadame: 4
Ichijo: 2
Akame: 0

Cult it is.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
Finally, Goh will see how the Bodhisattva statue feels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Days 62-64. That was my sister, bear!

How can this be...?

Letters:

quote:

quote:

controlling others and even at extracting their souls. I don't know if he was afraid of me or if he just didn't like me, but in any case he used his black skills against me, as you can see.

You have escaped his clutches twice, but I'm afraid the same is not possible for me. For you see, my body has already been reduced to ash...

quote:

Since then, the followers of the good ascetic have guarded the scroll containing the secret of necromancy and watched over the shrine where Gamuran was imprisoned. These later became what we knew as the Asuka ninja.

As for Gamuran, he was able to extract his own soul, allowing him to live on within the shrine that became his prison. Until you released him, that is...

As he is now, Gamuran is nothing more than a spirit. He used you as a part of his plan to find the secret of necromancy and regain his physical form.

I believe this is the truth behind what has been happening.

Onji

quote:

:siren: Do we kidnap THE successful merchant or do we not?

A:

quote:

duties to the great Amurita.

I'd also like to impress upon them that associating with Akame is very unwise...

I've got information that someone resembling Kenobi Ninja is involved in this mission. It's never simple is it? Even for you, this may be somewhat gruelling. Be sure to take caution.

B:

quote:

I've already sent a message to Akame saying, "If you don't retreat, all of your troops at Sengen Town may just be spirited away." It didn't work, though. They haven't moved an inch.

That's where you come in, Crow. Go to Sengen Town and "spirit away" the soldiers.

Amurita, as always, stands by His word.

C:

quote:

at Sengen Town go there to hand around...

There's no mistake about it. They're causing trouble.

In order to make my followers happy, I'm leaving the girls at Sengen town up to you.

You have helped us, the Amurita, so much. Do you think you could do this for us?

D:

quote:

prevent it from meeting up with their main force.

Even for you, this may be somewhat gruelling. Be sure to take caution.

:siren: Any better names for a knockout pot? Muhammad Ali?

P.S.:

Don't watch before the video and quote carefully because timg and spoiler tags don't mix.

• Locked thread