Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
At what age did you give up on your dreams?
I have not given up on my dreams.
My dreams came true!
View Results

• Locked thread
Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
If you grow up poor you never bother with that nonsense. I'm still loving amazed I managed to get a 2-year degree, a job, and an apartment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

amityville anus posted:

my dream is to live in a van down by the river

A recent dream of mine is to get enough cash to go to Hawaii and just Beach bum it up for the v rest of my life. But I love weed so id need a job to keep posting for that.

Another recent dream is to open my own pay for prayer business and make millions doing nothing

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

25-27 are probably the years I think. That's when I dropped everything to reach for my dreams and ended up homeless for 3 years. gently caress.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I have not given up on my dreams. The dream of mine which is however in jeopardy is bringing hope to my friends, to good people who have become cynical. I truly love my friends so much, I want them to know that they're stronger than they think they are.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I make tons of money in a challenging job. Just don't have time to spend it. Sucks really.

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Buller posted:

Hit my head real hard at 23 and at 25 i realised its going to limit me for life so at 25 OP :)

Post concussion syndrome?

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Darth123123 posted:

I make tons of money in a challenging job. Just don't have time to spend it. Sucks really.

i have a plan to help you, send me pms on the dl and i'll give you the 411

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

JiveHonky posted:

i have a plan to help you, send me pms on the dl and i'll give you the 411

Your too poor to have PMs. Loser!

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
lol get tricked you rich guy

ForceKin
Dec 22, 2009

I'm currently living my childhood dream.

Child me was stupid and should have dreamed about financial security instead.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Pick posted:

I have not given up on my dreams. The dream of mine which is however in jeopardy is bringing hope to my friends, to good people who have become cynical. I truly love my friends so much, I want them to know that they're stronger than they think they are.

buy them SA accts

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
continuously

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

kikkelivelho posted:

Poll doesn't go low enough

same

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Follow your dreams straight into an early grave

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
I wanted to be an archaeologist, til I dropped out of university. Woops, now I tend bar

e: voted 21

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
I've never had dreams to give up on.

I sometimes wonder if I might be some kind of inter-dimensional traveler who has no idea how to get back to my proper universe. Like a cosmic error of some sort.

I usually wonder this when very drunk or high, like now.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
My dreams died when I know I won't be bombing people in a b2 because potential health problems and poor eye sight :(

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
I'm a gangster

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Nation posted:

I'm a gangster

Can you give me some tips i got some crimes in the works

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

23 when I was arrested for literally no reason in a shakedown/harassment/intimidation incident. gently caress cops.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

Isaac posted:

Can you give me some tips i got some crimes in the works

gotta be real

never pay for anything

get a driver

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Nation posted:

gotta be real

never pay for anything

get a driver

My friend used to drive me everywhere like 16 hours a day. Id get rip roaring wasted and hed drive me from bar to party etc all day. When i passed out hed be selling meth with my car and then come pick me up and take me to work.

Sometimes id be like where the gently caress is my car at like 4am and i ring him and hed pick up in one ring and come get me.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Hed always have a girlfriend but i wondered how the fuxk he had any kind of relationship when hes spending 150 hours a week with me

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

Isaac posted:

My friend used to drive me everywhere like 16 hours a day. Id get rip roaring wasted and hed drive me from bar to party etc all day. When i passed out hed be selling meth with my car and then come pick me up and take me to work.

Sometimes id be like where the gently caress is my car at like 4am and i ring him and hed pick up in one ring and come get me.

perfect yea but never trust they guy or talk about money to anyone

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
I never gave up on the belief that all your dreams come true if you're willing to think creatively from a place of love and goodwill- :cosmic2day:

But in all honesty most dreams are pretty drat well achievable in this world, just not In Real Life IRL like you'd somehow hoped it'd happen.
Like, what's your dream and tell me you haven't already lived out some semblance of that fantasy experience in either a video games, a movie, or some piece of your imagination? :krakentoot::can:

Being an astronaut is passe, anyway. Studying the infinites of Inner Space, now that's where the modern explorers are going these days :lsd: and besides- Psychonauts are so much cheaper to send into space :okpos:

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
I wrote two big paragraphs about just why my life sucks and why I've given up, but that would be better suited to E/N. I was roughly 24 when I lost any motivation, and now I'm waiting for some kind of divine guidance that will never come. Until then, I will continue drifting.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I probably should give up on my dreams but at this point I'm too invested in trying to go for them to stop now.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Somewhere in my 20s.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

Clamps McGraw posted:

Post concussion syndrome?

Yes

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
my dream involved bottling hitler's urine. in sizes 500ml, 200ml, even 1 and 2 liter bottle. i put aside nearly 7 years to learn to code in erlang but realize too late that it was not that would allow me to molecularly replicate a given person's urine. in this case hitler. stalin's urine samples also exist in old commisarriot office toilet.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Volume posted:

A recent dream of mine is to get enough cash to go to Hawaii and just Beach bum it up for the v rest of my life. But I love weed so id need a job to keep posting for that.

Another recent dream is to open my own pay for prayer business and make millions doing nothing

Vans are expensive in Hawaii youre better off sleeping under an overturned boat on the beach

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Fututor Magnus posted:

my dream involved bottling hitler's urine. in sizes 500ml, 200ml, even 1 and 2 liter bottle. i put aside nearly 7 years to learn to code in erlang but realize too late that it was not that would allow me to molecularly replicate a given person's urine. in this case hitler. stalin's urine samples also exist in old commisarriot office toilet.

Im adopts hitler

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Fututor Magnus posted:

My inspirattion you can find here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Szn9IwWQq4

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I wanted to be an archaeologist or an historian so bad. Then I found out what they actually spend 99% of their time doing and said gently caress it I'll just make money. I think I was 9 or 10.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
my dream is to get drunk and watch youtube

mission accomplished cunts!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Isaac posted:

Sounds like you missed out on a boyfriend.

• Locked thread