Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lhet
Apr 2, 2008

bloop

How much of a discount can I get by waiting a few days and getting the english version on steam through a third party? I'm in no super rush since I've been playing for the last 3 weeks, but I am definitely interested on playing on PC/in English at some point, and would ideally prefer not to wait for a sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
If you wait long enough it will be $5 on steam in like 2-3 years. Maybe $15 after one year in one of their sales? I bought Dark Souls for five loving dollars on Steam because wtf five dollars?! Then I never played it. Well-played, Steam.

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

So what is easy mode this time around like the dual maces were for DS2?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Frank Eufemia posted:

The easiest of easy mode you don't get for a good while, but it's still pretty much just giant hammers. Strength weapons in general really.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Just fyi if you kill the fat boss in High Wall of Lothric, the katana NPC's summon sign disappears.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
So I guess the Xbone process is: Play JP version all day long, at 6pm PST or so delete the game and re-acquire from the US store? Or can you have both copies at the same time, anyone know?

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
@Longhair Just got Blue Sentinel summon @ L71, Lothric Castle, on a character that is completely darkity dark - about 20 min after I started the game up.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Also I thought the slowdowns in LC were from the pre-1.02 fix to offline mode bugs but now I see it actually is just LC itself.

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot

turtlecrunch posted:

Just fyi if you kill the fat boss in High Wall of Lothric, the katana NPC's summon sign disappears.

yeah, i learned this the hard way :(

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Frank Eufemia posted:

longsword and board

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Ether Frenzy posted:

So I guess the Xbone process is: Play JP version all day long, at 6pm PST or so delete the game and re-acquire from the US store? Or can you have both copies at the same time, anyone know?

You can download the US version right now. Just go to the store and click install. I don't know if you need to delete the Japanese version or not. US servers went up this morning.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Looks like if you wait until the EN version DL's all the way, you won't have the option to play the JP version any more - so I guess launch it and leave it going if you're going to try and play JP up until EN unlocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,

SWEET poo poo.

FOUR HOURS ON DANCER WITH A +2 BANDIT KNIFE.

STRENGTH RING YOU ARE MINE!

• Locked thread