Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

This game looks so loving good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
A certain move of the third boss is confirmed bullshit, enough so that I had to summon. If they fix that little thing I can see myself soloing it on twinky alts.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

ZZZorcerer posted:

He probably changed places, that elevator he comes out you can change going up or down by setting it on and getting out, on your way up you can drop midway to the top, you'll find your friend there chilling

Yeah I figured this out when I went back and the elevator went up on its own haha. But thanks (spoiler)! :D

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

IGN is reporting that Microsoft told them they were working on "fixing" the loophole that allows people to play the English language version early. I'm not sure how they're going to do that without just disabling JPN license holders' ability to download the EN version, but just in case BoneBros might want to take their console offline for a while.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
The loving puking zombie noise is actually making me feel sick, it's pretty nasty and they keep spawning :(

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

VanillaGorilla posted:

IGN is reporting that Microsoft told them they were working on "fixing" the loophole that allows people to play the English language version early. I'm not sure how they're going to do that without just disabling JPN license holders' ability to download the EN version, but just in case BoneBros might want to take their console offline for a while.

What a crazy business it is, when "We want to patch out language support" is even a thing regardless of whatever legal fine print is involved.

"PC lists 12 supported languages, aren't we so great-Holy fuckballs, somebody is using one of those languages (on console) and that's no good!"

I mean, yeah regional stuff. But it just sounds so stupid when you hear it out loud.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Mar 24, 2016

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Section Z posted:

What a crazy business it is, when "We want to patch out language support" is even a thing regardless of whatever legal fine print is involved.

"PC lists 12 supported languages, aren't we so great-Holy fuckballs, somebody is using one of those languages (on console) and that's no good!"

I mean, yeah regional stuff. But it just sounds so stupid when you hear it out loud.

All of this is down to Bandai-Namco trying to pad their next quarter. This whole situation has revealed that there was literally no other reason for them to hold the Western release of the game over until 04/12, and now they look even more retarded because there's going to be an unending stream of video out there of people playing the EN version weeks ahead of everyone else.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Feels indeed like From got the contractual rights for dropping a Japanese version in Japan with no other languages, there's not even language options in it.

Alright time to savescum and see how things work out.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

The Fat Official from Demon's Souls makes his triumphant return, with even better giggle-acting. I like how soon I was able to get an outfit with chain mail, a turban and hanzo steel. I feel pretty cool.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

How do I use an estus flask shard? At least, that is what it looks like. I found it in the area with a bunch of axe zombies and a couple dogs.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Filthy Monkey posted:

How do I use an estus flask shard? At least, that is what it looks like. I found it in the area with a bunch of axe zombies and a couple dogs.

Smithy, fifth dialogue option

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Did it take anyone else forever to figure out that a) you could teleport from the hub bonfire and b) you have to to progress?

Yolshi
Feb 14, 2012

Curiosity got the better of me, bought the tower key (the 20k item the handmaid carries) and had a poke around.

Bunch of stuff you probably want up there. Estus shard, fire keeper soul, estus ring and some other bits and pieces.

Oh, and this game's Snuggly the Crow :neckbeard:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

I cannot figure out how to trade with that cute little NPC we know and love, at all. I get no items in return. Do the items appear somewhere else?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

how do i get to the bottom of the settlement w/o dying

nm

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Mar 24, 2016

Yolshi
Feb 14, 2012

MrLonghair posted:

I cannot figure out how to trade with that cute little NPC we know and love, at all. I get no items in return. Do the items appear somewhere else?

Are you discarding items rather than dropping them? Second option in the menu (iirc), there should be dialogue even if it's rejected.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Found the cloranthy ring, hell yeah!

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Yolshi posted:

Are you discarding items rather than dropping them? Second option in the menu (iirc), there should be dialogue even if it's rejected.

Doh! Thanks. Got squawks for failed items, lovely cacophony when I dropped a little brew.

e: SOUNDING MOTION + unique cool helm for dropping vertebrae

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Mar 24, 2016

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

The dark axe you get by killing the first mimic in the locked tower with the dragon on it seems like a pretty good starter weapon. Granted, the mimic hits like a truck, but if you can whittle him down you get a weapon with 206 total damage and reasonable speed. It allowed me to kill the second boss pretty quickly, even without upgrading it.

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Mar 24, 2016

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

So what are the pilgrims supposed to be carrying on their backs? A bonfire sconce?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

what the gently caress is a blue and red invader

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
I bought the tower key where do I use it? The door next to the katana guy is still locked.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Anyone got a spare ¥3000 code sitting around? Play-Asia ran out during my transaction and now I'm stuck with just 5000 :geno: Should I just buy one from Nippon Yasan and hope for the best?

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Alabaster White posted:

Anyone got a spare ¥3000 code sitting around? Play-Asia ran out during my transaction and now I'm stuck with just 5000 :geno: Should I just buy one from Nippon Yasan and hope for the best?

They still have 2000 and 1000s in stock. Tiny bit more expensive, but there you go.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

The Bunny posted:

I bought the tower key where do I use it? The door next to the katana guy is still locked.

There's an exit on the upper floor of the right side of the throne shrine with a locked door, I'd assume it's there.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Platypus Farm posted:

They still have 2000 and 1000s in stock. Tiny bit more expensive, but there you go.

I don't even see a listing for 2000, and 1000 has the same warning that 3000 did before they sold out :(

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
when the game was first announced they made a pretty big deal out of the "making your own bonfire" mechanic. Does that appear anywhere else so far or was it just the one iudex gunther gimmick?

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Alabaster White posted:

I don't even see a listing for 2000, and 1000 has the same warning that 3000 did before they sold out :(

Oh drat, I had an old window open. Sorry man :(

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Oenis posted:

when the game was first announced they made a pretty big deal out of the "making your own bonfire" mechanic. Does that appear anywhere else so far or was it just the one iudex gunther gimmick?

No they didn't. That was just a rumor.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

Filthy Monkey posted:

The dark axe you get by killing the first mimic in the locked tower with the dragon on it seems like a pretty good starter weapon. Granted, the mimic hits like a truck, but if you can whittle him down you get a weapon with 206 total damage and reasonable speed. It allowed me to kill the second boss pretty quickly, even without upgrading it.

How do you get into the locked tower? Also, has anyone been able to get the item on the ledge above the fat halberd dude in the same area?

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

NattyBo posted:

How do you get into the locked tower? Also, has anyone been able to get the item on the ledge above the fat halberd dude in the same area?

The second question, from what I saw your jump tries you could try to jump from the wood platform a bit below where you jump

__You're jumping from here_
.................................................|___wood___.............._____item___

Can't get your stream to stop buffering all the time :negative:

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

ZZZorcerer posted:

The second question, from what I saw your jump tries you could try to jump from the wood platform a bit below where you jump

__You're jumping from here_
.................................................|___wood___.............._____item___

Can't get your stream to stop buffering all the time :negative:

:( drat, ok. I will keep trying. The jump is harder than it looks FWIW! There's also a ledge above it, but no idea how to get there!

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

NattyBo posted:

How do you get into the locked tower?

go through the door under the dragon's head

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

What is the cheaper key that the old lady sells for? And speaking of locks and keys, how do I unlock the locked door in high wall of lothric that is near Greirat's (Grey Rat's?) cell?

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
If anyone has any information or video of ALDRICH, DEVOURER OF GODS please direct it into my body immediately. It is the most metal name of all time and I must consume this information to exist.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

CuddlyZombie posted:

What is the cheaper key that the old lady sells for? And speaking of locks and keys, how do I unlock the locked door in high wall of lothric that is near Greirat's (Grey Rat's?) cell?

opens the locked door in the settlement sewers where the rats are. the guy who gives you the cracked red eye orbs will give you the key to that second door, though i think you need to use one of them to invade and maybe succeed at killing a host? first.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I failed at all my invasions :saddowns:

At least the blue sentinels actually work this time! I ran into two sentinels while invading, and even had one come to defend me. So awesome.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

you might not have to win. you can find a tongue on a hanging body in the settlement, that might be all he needs.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Mighty Dicktron posted:

If anyone has any information or video of ALDRICH, DEVOURER OF GODS please direct it into my body immediately. It is the most metal name of all time and I must consume this information to exist.

The crestfallen warrior or whatever his name is this time says some stuff about him but I couldn't hear it perfectly over the firelink music. But he sounds pretty afraid of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Mighty Dicktron posted:

I've got this, and this is all you need https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4cdfRrRWf4 Sound FAMILIAR?! Looks like she's actually one of the devoured!

NOW ALL WE NEED IS ACTUAL VIDEO OF THE FIGHT :stonklol:

• Locked thread