Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
So, anyone planning on streaming this ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
4 + 14 bosses, with DLCs it'll probably get as much or more than DS/DS2

From the images of some of those they look fun to fight

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
The really upped the spooky factor

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
English PC streams started so we'll start getting wiki updates probably

I think I saw a "Matchmaking: OFF" option but it passed really fast on the Cohh stream, so people who are afraid of being invaded don't need to unplug the Internet cable I guess :shobon:

Miss Mowcher fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Mar 23, 2016

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

weekly font posted:

Wait how are there English PC streams already?

They release the game to some chosen Streamers earlier, kinda like press release

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Metanaut posted:

They are playing some kind of preview version (only 1/3 of the game).

It's the full game, they can only show 1/3 of the game until april 8 (or april something), then they're allowed to stream it full

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

ten_twentyfour posted:

Game is super dope. Cleared everything up to and around the shrine except that guy with the katana. He started whooping me so I backed off. Knew there were tons of bloodstains for a reason.

Can anyone spoil me on which direction I should be going from the shrine? Ran around a bit but got lost then had to go back to work.

Uhm... I think your only option is via bonfire warp to the next area the sword you get from the first boss, put it on the ground in the middle of the room and warp from there

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
I like that this is the kind of game you can play without knowing the language, reminds me of the time I didn't know English and played games on my snes :shobon:

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

turtlecrunch posted:

https://zippy.gfycat.com/MilkyThoroughCockroach.webm
I don't think this is supposed to be how I get down here. :v:

Also an onion knight walked off the elevator in the abandoned church but I was being chased by a monster and I tried to lure the monster down the elevator and when I rode the elevator came back up the onion knight was gone. :cry: So just a warning to all DON'T TAKE THAT ELEVATOR TOO SOON.

PS Provided you play on your main account you get to learn the boss names as you beat them, from the trophies.

He probably changed places, that elevator he comes out you can change going up or down by setting it on and getting out, on your way up you can drop midway to the top, you'll find your friend there chilling

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

NattyBo posted:

What's the deal with purple invaders? Are they NPCs or human? I can't tell since it was in Japanese

I think there's both

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

NattyBo posted:

How do you get into the locked tower? Also, has anyone been able to get the item on the ledge above the fat halberd dude in the same area?

The second question, from what I saw your jump tries you could try to jump from the wood platform a bit below where you jump

__You're jumping from here_
.................................................|___wood___.............._____item___

Can't get your stream to stop buffering all the time :negative:

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Lots of face cams on twitch, at least a russian guy was wearing a chest piece from a plate armor, still waiting for a fully armored knight playing the knight class though. That's the only acceptable way to do face cam on streams :colbert:

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

turtlecrunch posted:

http://pastebin.com/6DLjvpwf

More sorcery tests. Still need to figure out where the best catalyst is though for more accurate results of where you might be at the end of NG. I included some notes on the final boss fight (non-spoiler just numbers) at the bottom.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkSouls3JPN/comments/4cmd0d/my_sorcerers_damage_with_no_bellowing_dragon/

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkSouls2/comments/2ar7zd/list_of_spell_damage_pve/

Comparison with DS 2 damages.

The damage is a lot less and I think that even if that table for DS2 is with 99 int, with 20-30 int and a few upgrades my soul arrows did about the same/more damage than what they do in DS 3 with 85 int.

Seems like a big nerf

Maybe just making the basic spells get faster to 250 damage because it seems like projectile damage will only be a thing waaay later in the game.

Miss Mowcher fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Mar 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Computer just turned off out of nowhere, probably the PSU or the motherboard fried

I'm cursed :negative:

• Locked thread