Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Good OP, now come on boys I wanna baste in those spoilers, don't be shy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

The loving puking zombie noise is actually making me feel sick, it's pretty nasty and they keep spawning :(

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

NeuroticLich posted:

I'm counting down the last hour at work eager to get home and play more Souls. I last killed what I think is the frost knight, assuming that's the one on all fours with an insane three hit combo, and got a sweet frostbite sword from it. I went back to Firelink to upgrade it but I'm assuming it requires Twinkling?

P sure this is the new Drake Sword, I saw so many stubborn streamers using it unupgraded at a point where they had titanite shards coming out of their asses and I'm fairly confident that a +3 anything would be a better choice.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

There's more attacks and they're all insane, Dragon Form is basically a Stand, I just wish it was less naked and skeletal :(

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

lets hang out posted:

The dual straight swords won't be there either. :smith:

hosed up if true.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Basically every large polearm weapon I've seen looks insanely cool and fun to use and there's a ton more of them than I remember from previous games, it's great.

net cafe scandal posted:

Strength build with FUGS is supposedly the single best build in the game right now to the point where Ive read ten 4chan generals in a row filled with people complaining about it so you probably chose well

It does look kind of rediculous, I watched a streamer kill every non boss enemy in the game in 1-3 hits with it.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Alabaster White posted:

The most important weapon buff is now the bleeding resin. It's back from DS2 and bleed is valuable again like in DS1. I rub it on my Lothric Knight Sword and bleed poor fuckers in one stamina bar in PVP.

e: speaking of straight swords, it seems like they're back to the DeS style C/D scaling for standard swords, with the Lothric Knight Sword being C/C. However, that becomes B/B with a Refined infusion, and it scales properly; mine has an AR of about 350 at +9 even without max STR/DEX. I get about +3-4 AR every level of STR/DEX, too.

According to some poo poo posted on the wiki (weapon spoiler) the sunlight straight sword has C/C scaling at +0, 112 base damage, and the weapon art is basically Sacred Oath which sounds loving baller assuming it goes up to +10 and isn't a twinkling titanite weapon. It doesn't say where you get it but I assume it's related to the covenant.

Also unrelated but a reddit post has claimed (NG++ spoiler) that there's a +2 ring of favour in NG++ so who knows how many cycles you'll have to do to get every item :v:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

4ch:

If true there is absolutely no doubt in mind that this is unintentional.

You think that From balances based on numbers that make sense. I mean it's probably an accident but I think that they're perfectly capable of looking at those numbers you quoted and going "this is fine".

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

I'm not a Game Haver but I seem to recall seeing it hidden behind some barrels in High Wall of Lothric and it needs a little faith to use, unless I'm thinking of something else entirely.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

Several other balance adjustment and performance improvements, fixes bug phenomenon

:pray:

This is the shittiest patch note ever btw. "We changed some stuff and fixed bugs. Of course we're not going to tell you what."

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

I assume that they went back to the dumb bad DS1 method of scaling hp gain where you start out with a garbage tiny hp pool, every point in the hp stat gets you more and more hp until suddenly the rate of return starts to nosedive around the mid-30s, and you more than double your hp going from starting stats to the point where diminishing returns start to kick in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

I've seen some stream footage of a loving excellent PvPer using Gundyr's Halberd, which has an amazing weapon art and good strength scaling and consistently winning 3v1s so I assume that it's a good weapon.

• Locked thread