Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

hanales posted:

So are the guys playing this really good or is the game a little easier than before? They are 1 or 2 shotting every mook they come across.

Well, how far in are they doing that is the bigger question. In DS1 it wasn't particularly different in that regard for most of the very early stuff unless you hosed off to the Graveyard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Gologle posted:

OK, so, is this game supposed to be a prequel or something? I just saw a Black Knight, an honest loving Black Knight in a stream.

Not from that example, at least. Nor would another thing along those lines indicate a Prequel, because Silver Knights are what Black knights are the First Flame BBQ version of

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

VanillaGorilla posted:

IGN is reporting that Microsoft told them they were working on "fixing" the loophole that allows people to play the English language version early. I'm not sure how they're going to do that without just disabling JPN license holders' ability to download the EN version, but just in case BoneBros might want to take their console offline for a while.

What a crazy business it is, when "We want to patch out language support" is even a thing regardless of whatever legal fine print is involved.

"PC lists 12 supported languages, aren't we so great-Holy fuckballs, somebody is using one of those languages (on console) and that's no good!"

I mean, yeah regional stuff. But it just sounds so stupid when you hear it out loud.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Mar 24, 2016

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Hey lucky dudes with JP/press copies. Non-spoilery gameplay question: how does durability work this time around? The durability system in Dark Souls 2 kind of annoyed me because it was rough on players using certain types of weapons in the early game and basically forced you to skip enemies or carry several weapons right from the get, but was totally irrelevant later on (other than the fps-related bug and the durability damage from swinging into corpses, which were real stupid).

Does Dark Souls 3 durability work like that, is it more like 1 where it's almost irrelevant outside of durability-damage effects, and if it's like 2 did they fix it at all?

Filthy Monkey posted:

Thus far, mostly using random axes and the occasional sword, I've had zero issues with durability.

I'm still expecting it to be much better in DS3, but "Seems fine?" will need to hold up for the biggers stuff for my last bits of (likely baseless) paranoia to be eased. Because random axes and swords were always safe to use with no worries.

Even when it was at it's worst in DS2's lifespan, worrying about Durability wasn't really a thing for smaller weapons. You could smack every wall and swing extra through every corpse with a longsword or mace just fine. But as soon as you picked up a large club or something, you went from thinking people were just making poo poo up about "Durability bugs" to wondering why your weapon with more durability and one shotting enemies may as well be made of balsa wood. In large part due to 'hitting corpses eats durability' combined with their animations spending a lot of time lingering when you pancake stuff.

"Low durability" Katanas felt fairly indestructible by comparison, at the time.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

MrLonghair posted:

Ahahahaha a sorcery that requires 50 INT I think I'll pass :v:

Logically I understand the difference because of how little INT even does as a stat outside of spell requirements and scaling. But I can't help but always double take when stuff like that is said with all the STR weapons that need 50-70+ to one hand, before reminding myself "Oh yeah, Strength actually does a lot of things".

Gologle posted:

I've never mentioned this before, but I really, really enjoy the kung fu mimics. But rejoice, because both DS2 and DS1 style mimics are in this game, although the crawling mimics also have the ability to stand up.

I liked the style of the Kung Fu mimics more, but this is also cool.

Well, unless the DS2 style mimics still got to keep their hitboxes :v:

• Locked thread