Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
It was a misunderstanding, the whole pvp outrage from earlier today. If you're in ember form, much like human form in ds1, you can be invaded. With a dried finger additional red (and white) phantoms can spawn.

edit: oh, ^'re not even asking about that. Nevermind then. How ganking works I've no idea either, I think you have white (goon) phantoms in your world and then lure red phantoms in and gank them? Something like that.

Oenis fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Mar 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

dude works at namco, or so reddit says.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Does anyone have contacts to anyone at Fromsoft or otherwise and can ask whether they would consider adding english language support to the PS version in a patch as well, seeing how it's in the xbone release? I was this close to just tweeting @senden_ogu (Fromsofts twitter) but I'd feel somewhat lame and inappropriate tweeting them in english. I dunno.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
when the game was first announced they made a pretty big deal out of the "making your own bonfire" mechanic. Does that appear anywhere else so far or was it just the one iudex gunther gimmick?

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
holy poo poo the dungeon area below the prison I just died 5 times to either the surprise basilisks or that goddamn mimic grab attack

the game is so great. I'm missing out on all the online features because I don't have ps+, but I can't wait for my second playthrough on PC (and actually understand all the lore and what items I'm picking up)

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I remember seeing a rough outline of all the areas in the game and how they're connected. That was posted in this thread here, right? I thought it was neat and would like to see it again, if possible.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Nevermind, I found it.

flowchart of all the areas:

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Late game boss spoiler from THAT area: oboy Aldritch is wrecking my poo poo with their needle attack in the second phase. I run across the whole room in a panic, then get gunned down by perfectly timed purple blasts I can't see coming, or stunlocked by flame trails or purple pellets from running out of stamina or whatever. I've managed to survive it three times, but died when she used it a second time in that fight. Once she had like 10hp left, too. :( I wonder what their lore implication is, they look a little like Dark Sun Gwyndlin? (Hence why I'm being all awkward with the personal pronouns)

edit: Finally got it. Only way was to pray to the RNG gods to not let them do that attack. I still wouldn't know what to do.

Oenis fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Mar 29, 2016

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Late game/hidden area spoiler, if you've not been there (unlocks from the smoldering lake), don't hover, you want to experience this for yourself:

Holy poo poo, I just encountered some suspiciously Solaire-looking dude in the mazes of what looks like Izalith, he one shot me with his big rear end Fume Greatsword and I got the Praise the Sun emote. 10/10 not even mad. edit: oh wait, it's not solaire, looks more like the Iron Tarkus set or something? And the Emote isn't even what I thought it was. Still cool though.

Oenis fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Mar 29, 2016

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Yeah, after I died to him the second time I got a closer look and edited my post, too late.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

lets hang out posted:

I had great success luring him to the nearby black knight, who is hostile to everyone.

After dying to him 7 or 8 times (drat parries and 2-hit combos), I'm like, screw this, I'll bite. Lured him up to the bridge like you suggested, and he just throws the black knight off the bridge with a single hit. Then something clicked, and I avenged that poor black knight right then and there.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

Scrree posted:

In general the boss quality of Dark Souls 3 is off the charts. I can't think of a a single stinker, and even the more basic earlier bosses would be considered well above average if ported back to any previous game.

I think the giant was pretty gimmicky. the special attack you had to kill him with didn't even cost FP in that bossfight, which made it even more trivial But yeah otherwise I agree. The Abyss Watchers also easily take the cake when it comes to awesome boss intros. So much told with so little.Just from that and the whole setting, they might even be my favourite boss fight in the whole series.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
So far I thought the bosses were all a bit on the easy side, didn't take more than 4-5 tries for even the worst of them, and they never felt unfair or unbeatable. Then Lorian and Lothric come around and I've been getting my rear end kicked for 5 hours straight with no notable progress. I just almost instantly succumb to the second phase. I can't dodge the spells because he teleports around like crazy and just kills me in two hits, I can't block everything without running out of stamina, he has a poo poo ton of health, I can't get behind him to focus on killing the magic brother, it's insane. Does anyone have advice for beating him? I normally solo all bosses on my first playthrough, but I'm this close to just suck it up and summon an npc. Please help.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I didn't have too much trouble with Sully, since his echo/clone whatever is killable, but this guy is something else. I got a little closer last try, but eh, I'll go somewhere else for now and get 2 more levels so I can wield that FUGS that everyone is raving about and try again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

Funkmaster General posted:

So did I miss something beyond the boss of Boreal Valley, in the area with the Anor Londo rooftop sniper part 2? I found the Easterner's Ashes and got violently married, but based on what people were saying earlier I expected to find ab entrance to Anor Londo proper. Is that even a thing, or were people just referring to this section when they said that? If so, did I miss the Darkmoon covenant in there somewhere?

I assume the dungeons is where I should be going for progress, it's just that after missing some decent chunks of earlier stages even after searching pretty thoroughly, I'm paranoid of missing stuff.

On that note, I never did find the other side of the very first one-way gate in Irathil, the one with what appears to be one of the fat missionary ladies behind it. Someone want to point me the right way for that one?

If you're at the sniper part, you should be almost there. If I remember right, head down a different rafter than you came up, and that should take you to a platform with an entrance. There you will get a massive whoa moment I won't spoil and hopefully you'll be able to take it from there if this isn't your first time in Anor Londo.

Haven't opened that prison gate yet myself. Right now I think it's okay to miss things, I just wanna fight all the bosses and see all the areas, I'll be doing a second more thorough playthrough on PC anyways. It will be glorious when I can finally read place names and item descriptions.

Oenis fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Mar 30, 2016

• Locked thread