Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

https://youtu.be/vA5oy41mpsY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

f that, work is for losers, stay home and game all day

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

he's in a jail cell in the high wall. he's a shop, and as part of his quest line you can send him out foraging for stuff to expand his inventory. you only get his ashes for killing him, which probably either puts his outfit in the store or moves some of his inventory there

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Bogart posted:

As soon as y'all get the game, just record a bit of the ambient Firelink music for me. I need to hear it.

https://youtu.be/D8Y4VkOLrG4

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Blues DOA again lol

Like who is the way of blue for, people who only feel safe when they outnumber invaders 4 to 1?

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Mar 22, 2016

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I'll believe it when I see it

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Gologle posted:

Literally Watchdog of the Old Lords. WOW

excuse me this puppy shoots lightning

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

turtlecrunch posted:

Are yes responses on the left and up or right and bottom?

e: Actually even better is this what "yes" looks like - はい

yes

manual http://www.darksouls.jp/manual/darksouls3/ps4/index.html

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Mar 23, 2016

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

1 hour

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

man i like being able to fast roll at like 60%. its like i'll finally wear real armor in a souls game

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

there's a bunch of helpful links in the op so you won't have to use it as much

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

So what are people doing with Yoel? Taking the offer?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

anyone know what's up with purple summon signs

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

its in settings -> accessibility

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Lovely Senorita posted:

summon a dark mad spirit and find out :v:

i did, is it just the dual covenant or what

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

occurs to me after the fact that maybe you can sneak past the fire demon, around the back of the buildings

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

how do i get to the bottom of the settlement w/o dying

nm

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Mar 24, 2016

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

what the gently caress is a blue and red invader

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

NattyBo posted:

How do you get into the locked tower?

go through the door under the dragon's head

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

CuddlyZombie posted:

What is the cheaper key that the old lady sells for? And speaking of locks and keys, how do I unlock the locked door in high wall of lothric that is near Greirat's (Grey Rat's?) cell?

opens the locked door in the settlement sewers where the rats are. the guy who gives you the cracked red eye orbs will give you the key to that second door, though i think you need to use one of them to invade and maybe succeed at killing a host? first.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

you might not have to win. you can find a tongue on a hanging body in the settlement, that might be all he needs.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

CJacobs posted:

Q: Can you also do this on PS4? If so, I'm playin' DS3 tonight dammit. (I'm guessing the answer is no)

no

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

opened a fake wall in the swamp by hitting it

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

NeuroticLich posted:

I'm counting down the last hour at work eager to get home and play more Souls. I last killed what I think is the frost knight, assuming that's the one on all fours with an insane three hit combo, and got a sweet frostbite sword from it. I went back to Firelink to upgrade it but I'm assuming it requires Twinkling?

yeah

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

ymgve posted:

Welp, time to smash every single wall in the swamp.

By the way, was this in "clean" swamp or poisonswamp?

poison, it was to get an item next to the covenant thing there

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Alabaster White posted:

About the NPC: What's the trigger for getting Yeol's free levels? Sometimes he has them, sometimes he doesn't.

dying a lot, seems like.

anyone know if i need to do anything special to invade as part of the swamp covenant? red eye orb doesnt seem to do it but i'm not getting any like random pulls either

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Mar 24, 2016

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

btw you can't keep calling it area 5, the game branches at the road of sacrifices

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Nakar posted:

I assume that the woman who shows up in Firelink in the White armor is the Darkmoon covenant rep. She appears seemingly after Horace gives you Blue Sentinels and acts like you're not up to her standards, which strikes me as similar to the Blue Sentinels guy in 2 who wouldn't talk to you until you defended someone. I suspect if you do enough protecting or find the item that drops from that, she may invite you into the Darkmoon to punish those who preyed on people the Blue Sentinels failed to save.

she eventually showed up again for me and offered to be a coop summon but i have no idea where to even begin looking

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

The Bunny posted:

After the tree boss there's an alter for you to sacrifice something. What is it for?

bone shackles to rank up in the purple covenant. no idea how to actually join it though

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

anyone found Rosaria? I've been all over this cathedral

victrix posted:

Yes and It's loving hilarious because they 'win' by killing any phantom, so a purple invader can go after a red phantom if they want

they're also hostile to enemies. they're just total wild cards. i once summoned one who helped me through the level before we got jumped by a couple of swamp defenders

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

how do i raise the bridge again in the cathedral of the deep? it got lowered on me and maybe rosaria is over there??? but i don't know what made it go up in the first place.

victrix posted:

Right under the tree boss

wait how do you join? i offered the thing and my rank apparently went up but i can't leave purple signs

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

ring of true colors - increases power of kick :laffo:

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Mar 24, 2016

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

wish all these dudes watching shitloads of the game streamed would put something up on the wikis

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

if your character is a man does Yuria still try to pair you off with Anri or is it someone else, like that woman knight?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Found the respec option. Cathedral of the deep. Start at the second bonfire, take the door in the back of the chapel and ride the elevator up to the belltower with a single archer in it. Go around outside and climb the ladder up and you'll eventually end up in the rafters of the cathedral. There's a place to drop down on the far side next to a sword knight, continue along in that direction until you meet Rosaria. Pledge to her and you'll get her covenant item and the options to respec stats and redo your character's appearance, both cost 1 pale tongue and it looks like you can only do it 5 times per playthrough.

e: red soapstone is there too

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Mar 25, 2016

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

supposedly this is how you join the purple covenant. you might need to be hollow, and it probably has to be before the tree boss https://a.pomf.cat/ivtztm.webm

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

NattyBo posted:

Where does one get the item necessary to give her?

no idea. i have one from somewhere

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Genocyber posted:

Anyone know where exactly in the level that dude is?

go right across the bridge and climb up onto the roofs with all the little dudes on them then fall off the back

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

there's a gigantic hidden area below the catacombs. break the wooden bridge in front of Wolnir and then you can climb down it like a ladder. Anri's friend is down there too, don't know what happens if you find him and let Anri know while you have the chance.

you also find the soul to make these

https://a.pomf.cat/fkvvgx.webm

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Mar 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

no problems with durability. you can see it go down on the meters below the weapon icons but i've never been anywhere near breaking anything.

Meatsicle posted:

I just met (early mid-game spoiler I guess?) the lady in white. "Blessing of the moon upon your journey." Oh snap, is she the Darkmoon leader? I need to make the guilty pay the price.

probably. she wasn't happy about me joining rosaria's fingers

• Locked thread