Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Playing on the Xboner using the JPN store trick (felt good to turn on my Xbone for a non-exclusive, actually). The game itself is really great so far - the performance on the Bone, however, isn't so great. Pretty framey, definitely 30 with dips, although apparently it isn't much better on PS4 (apparently the Xbone drops to a lower resolution, but it looks fine to me).

The game already exudes way more atmosphere in its intro than DS2 did, and plays really well. I'll probably end up double-dipping on PC next month to enjoy some online play and 60fps, but definitely don't regret my jaunt over to amazon.jp to make this work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

IGN is reporting that Microsoft told them they were working on "fixing" the loophole that allows people to play the English language version early. I'm not sure how they're going to do that without just disabling JPN license holders' ability to download the EN version, but just in case BoneBros might want to take their console offline for a while.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Section Z posted:

What a crazy business it is, when "We want to patch out language support" is even a thing regardless of whatever legal fine print is involved.

"PC lists 12 supported languages, aren't we so great-Holy fuckballs, somebody is using one of those languages (on console) and that's no good!"

I mean, yeah regional stuff. But it just sounds so stupid when you hear it out loud.

All of this is down to Bandai-Namco trying to pad their next quarter. This whole situation has revealed that there was literally no other reason for them to hold the Western release of the game over until 04/12, and now they look even more retarded because there's going to be an unending stream of video out there of people playing the EN version weeks ahead of everyone else.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

The Moon Monster posted:

Question about that giant from the intro Is the idea that you pick up that sword at the foot of his throne and use it to give him the frostbite effect or something? I tried that and the effect didn't fire after hitting him quite a bit, but maybe that wasn't enough. He has all of the HP ever so I'm sure there's some sort of gimmick here

you have to charge it up - try holding down heavy attack, or the weapon art button, it'll gather wind around it, then light up. When its glowing, it'll do a short range projectile that you hit him with

• Locked thread