Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
I'm in on this because I have a Dark Souls problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

Meatsicle posted:

Xbox One JP version has English text. Xbone master race

Fffffffffffuck

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
I never thought I'd regret not having an XBone but here we are

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
I really hope XBone players update the wikidot and the item descriptions ASAP, that'd be super legit

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Streaming myself being real bad at the game on PS4 https://www.twitch.tv/nattybo1985

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
This game is so good.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
What's the deal with purple invaders? Are they NPCs or human? I can't tell since it was in Japanese

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Found the cloranthy ring, hell yeah!

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

Filthy Monkey posted:

The dark axe you get by killing the first mimic in the locked tower with the dragon on it seems like a pretty good starter weapon. Granted, the mimic hits like a truck, but if you can whittle him down you get a weapon with 206 total damage and reasonable speed. It allowed me to kill the second boss pretty quickly, even without upgrading it.

How do you get into the locked tower? Also, has anyone been able to get the item on the ledge above the fat halberd dude in the same area?

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

ZZZorcerer posted:

The second question, from what I saw your jump tries you could try to jump from the wood platform a bit below where you jump

__You're jumping from here_
.................................................|___wood___.............._____item___

Can't get your stream to stop buffering all the time :negative:

:( drat, ok. I will keep trying. The jump is harder than it looks FWIW! There's also a ledge above it, but no idea how to get there!

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Ugh gotta call it a night, after 9 hours straight, this game is like a Soulsborne greatest hits and I'm A-OK with that.

Made it through quite a few bosses, now in what looks like the new catacombs area after the poison swamp boss. also did anyone fight the bony asylum demon thing at the top of the tower in the swamp?

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Sunbroing is as fun as ever. Doing it at Abyss Watcher Invasions are INSANE fun too with the numbers being a little more favorable. I never was huge on PVP but I can see myself doing this a lot.

My kid had daycare issues, never been so happy about this. Gonna sunbro the gently caress outta today

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Really frustrating that no one is adding item translations yet :(

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Question about a hub NPC (the one that gives you free levels). I took a level from him, went out and did stuff, came back, used some souls to pay the firekeeper to get rid of whatever status effect he put on me. Next time I came back to Firelink, Yoel was dead. Yuria hasn't appeared. WTF? I'm pretty far in (through the Skeletal areas)...

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Kinda stumped where to go next. I have killed several bosses, most recently a giant skeleton and am in an area with snow and a large cathedral looking thing, but there is a barrier preventing me from getting into the area proper.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

MrLonghair posted:

Immediately after that very first bridge? Saw a streamer just walk on in there, had the ring from the dog equipped

Ya I equipped the ring and nothing, I'll try again after lunch I guess

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

Lakbay posted:

You need to kill the boss of Cathedral of the Deep to advance

I...have no idea where that is! Guess I'll have to keep exploring :cool:

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
I'm streaming again if anyone wants to watch some early-mid game wandering aimlessly since I have no idea where to go. twitch.tv/nattyboy1985

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

lets hang out posted:

Found the respec option. Cathedral of the deep. Start at the second bonfire, take the door in the back of the chapel and ride the elevator up to the belltower with a single archer in it. Go around outside and climb the ladder up and you'll eventually end up in the rafters of the cathedral. There's a place to drop down on the far side next to a sword knight, continue along in that direction until you meet Rosaria. Pledge to her and you'll get her covenant item and the options to respec stats and redo your character's appearance, both cost 1 pale tongue and it looks like you can only do it 5 times per playthrough.

e: red soapstone is there too

Where does one get the item necessary to give her?

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Kinda stuck on where to go after killing a major boss, Aldritch. Nothing jumping out as me as an area I need to explore further and it's a dead end after the boss.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

MrLonghair posted:

Head back to the third bonfire of the area then go down.

Thanks! Figured it out with this hint

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
The game is easily better than DS2 and I liked DS2. It's pure and utter fan service. On that note, LOL, the loving Anor Londo Archers are back

NattyBo fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Mar 25, 2016

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
OH also you can get a Dark Souls 2 DLC boss strength weapon by beating an NPC invader in Lost Izalith. Fume Knight UGS

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

a harpy posted:

This game seems to have a lot of Dark Souls 1 references. Are there any Dark Souls 2 references?

Yes, I literally posted a few posts above you about a boss weapon drop from DS2, there are also more nods here and there. It does skew more DS1 so far.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

HGH posted:

Man I feel bad for you people, do they not give out government mandated holidays for Good Friday or Easter? They coincided so well with the game's release for me, it's like, wake up, phone friend, and sit playing the game and exchanging the controller every death for the rest of the day.

Not in the US, no.

I'm in withdrawal after playing like 20 hours over the last 2 days. :gonk:

Worst part is Easter Sunday will have to spend half the day doing dinner instead of playing this :(

NattyBo fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Mar 25, 2016

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

So It Goes posted:

Does anyone know how to get the spoiler goes here?

Maybe put stuff like this in spoilers? Please?

NattyBo fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Mar 25, 2016

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

MrLonghair posted:

And that quote too, Chief :v:

Phone posting but I thought I edited it out? Also friend me on PSN so we can co op more TIA

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

MrLonghair posted:

It didn't stick :ohdear: sent, currently sunbroing so that I can pour points into stats

I won't be on til tonight but this is my plan too

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Where do I use the key from the guy who gives you it and the cracked red eye orbs

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
One more hour til I get home to play :negative:

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

Curdy Lemonstan posted:

It's just that I have two weeks off now until 11 April, it doesn't get any worse in timing than that. I'm blubbering back and forth, is it worth the wait? Is it worth my money to just buy the yens now???

edit:

Okay gently caress it, I'm ordering these things. how do you buy off play-asia? they want my adress and stuff but I want to buy a digital copy of the gift cards? does it matter?

Yes it is worth it. You put your address in, make sure you confirm your email and if possible your phone number before you order. You get the digital codes right away. At least I did for PSN cards.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Firing up my casual stream now. I am 10 bosses in, so mid game spoilers. https://www.twitch.tv/nattybo1985

Also a few beers in. Lets do this, Drunk Souls

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Woohoo I also found said altar, thanks to Mr. Longhair

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Well, there goes my plan to help people by sunbroing today :v:

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

MrLonghair posted:

Dark soul Ⅲ(PS4) online service resumed. Now we do continue working against attacks from the outside, but the continued unstable situation. You may suddenly get logged hard to login. Visit our very inconvenience any inconvenience.

gently caress those scriptkiddies, find them and help out people in need of blood plasma and organs.

e: subzone completed, performing fine when the console is offline and whammo, Ultimate Estus trophy, it maxes out at 15

Woof, that boss after the one you helped me on last night is a tough cookie, especially after fighting through the mobs to get it. Might have to cheese it and run through them...

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

MrLonghair posted:

There's a shortcut right near that gate, and while the first phase was a piece of cake I kinda died immediately phase 2. My nuker build has me with poor magic resistances and I cannot afford getting hit much so it's time to get online again.

Yeah I was able to beat it after 2 more tries, got a summon to help me which was nice to distract the boss for healing. Gonna put my sign down there and help out other people for a bit, I wanna dump some points into faith

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

NattyBo posted:

Yeah I was able to beat it after 2 more tries, got a summon to help me which was nice to distract the boss for healing. Gonna put my sign down there and help out other people for a bit, I wanna dump some points into faith

You just summoned me and then we died, sorry that the other dude (xvideos.com was his name...lol) died so quick :(

Where did you get that armor you're wearing?

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

MrLonghair posted:

Headpiece from fuzzy little friend in a birds nest, chest too, rest is from the incoming vicious mobs outside the Abyss encounter. The most bloodborne boss in the strength of its simple hits. My 100% shield feels like Plank Shield.

I'm not even bothering with the shield, just managed to beat him with another player again. I'll lay my sign down again if you still need help.

E: What does my fuzzy friend want for that chest piece?

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Streaming myself sunbroing a mid/late boss if anyone cares to watch. Just casual. twitch.tv/nattybo1985

Edit: FIFAing with some goons before they kick me off the team but I'll be back on doing this in an hour or so :-)

NattyBo fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Mar 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

HGH posted:

Servers are down right now I believe? DDoS attack apparently.

They're working for me, and Mr. Longhair

• Locked thread