Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

The Reddit for Japanese importers is making this, which is pretty cool: http://darksouls3items.herokuapp.com/

Considering the darn streamers get the English game early, aside from that being some drat Bullshit, it means it should be pretty easy to fill out, so, hooray, I guess?

Speaking of which, some Japanese players reached out the the importing players which is A: adorable and B: could be useful for getting translated info.

https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4b6yzp/weare_japanese_darksouls_fan_make_subreddit/ and https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkSouls3_ja/comments/4bbkjn/translation_request_thread_for_english_players/ are the relevant links.

Edit: Whoops, the herokuapp item catalog was already posted!

CuddlyZombie fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Mar 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

So wait, I'm confused, what's official word from FROM about the invasion mechanics? People are posting contradicting info in this very thread.

And, what's the deal with this weapon level invasion limiting stuff I've been hearing about?

CuddlyZombie fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Mar 22, 2016

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

MrLonghair posted:

Official word from days ago on their very site is that you need to fondle the finger, crack the knuckles as a host for a 1v1 invasion play, if not using the red soapstone. Period.

Peoples hope is that it's a fuckup. Personal hope is that you have to be in a PvP covenant to be able to do 1v1 world-zone invasions via the red eye orb.

Weapon level infusion, a player taking a weapon to +5 max will most likely not be invaded by a player with a +10 weapon, something like that. Prevents +10 weapon lowlevel twinks as a goal at least. I hope to see what this means for caster builds.

Well, I certainly hope that isn't the case. I don't like invading myself, but I do like the idea of being a blue sentinel, and that didn't work at ALL in DS2. I'm hoping that if solo invasions become easier, then people will be more likely to be in way of blue while playing through the game normally.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

What is the cheaper key that the old lady sells for? And speaking of locks and keys, how do I unlock the locked door in high wall of lothric that is near Greirat's (Grey Rat's?) cell?

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I failed at all my invasions :saddowns:

At least the blue sentinels actually work this time! I ran into two sentinels while invading, and even had one come to defend me. So awesome.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Mighty Dicktron posted:

If anyone has any information or video of ALDRICH, DEVOURER OF GODS please direct it into my body immediately. It is the most metal name of all time and I must consume this information to exist.

The crestfallen warrior or whatever his name is this time says some stuff about him but I couldn't hear it perfectly over the firelink music. But he sounds pretty afraid of him.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

How in tarnation do I give this scroll I found to the blind priest la- oh it has to be a braille scroll doesn't it.

Well I have no idea what to do with this then.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Hey lucky dudes with JP/press copies. Non-spoilery gameplay question: how does durability work this time around? The durability system in Dark Souls 2 kind of annoyed me because it was rough on players using certain types of weapons in the early game and basically forced you to skip enemies or carry several weapons right from the get, but was totally irrelevant later on (other than the fps-related bug and the durability damage from swinging into corpses, which were real stupid).

Does Dark Souls 3 durability work like that, is it more like 1 where it's almost irrelevant outside of durability-damage effects, and if it's like 2 did they fix it at all?

It's technically the DS2 system, but in about 20 hours of playing I've never had anything dip below half durability. The numbers are DS1 numbers, that also happen to auto refresh to full each bonfire/death.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I'm a huge rear end in a top hat but in my defense, I fully intended to help until I realized I was low on HP :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_taoLGHkm8

Only spoilers are for VERY early game.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

My hopes are that they fix that scaling, and also that there is some sort of revelation about Darkmoon Blades and how on earth they are different from Blue Sentinels. Like, what is even the deal?

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Alabaster White posted:

Blue Sentinels warp in to help out Way of Blue members from invaders, while Darkmoons invade people who have already successfully invaded before as a form of retribution. Unless that's not how it works anymore.

That's how one would think it works, but as it is, they're apparently identical.

E: The other thing I think is weird is that I'm confused about Mound Maker summon signs. Like, what's the incentive to summon them? It's not a huge problem since Mound Makers can just get their shackles by invading, but it'd make more sense if there was a reason to summon them. If you summon and kill a Mound Maker, do you get a shackle of your own?

CuddlyZombie fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Mar 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Tallgeese posted:

I severely doubt they will add another covenant.

Dark Souls DLC just... doesn't do that. All they've ever done is add items and areas.

Bloodborne did :v:

• Locked thread