Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

The original Empire thread
The original Republic thread
The first Endgame Thread

It started back in 2012, with an amazing thread by Moon Slayer. Friends joined over the years, and friends left us, but now only the endgame remains. The Republic is strong and finally ready to fight. The Empire is fractured, the Emperor missing--killed by a Jedi assassin. The Empire is now being held together by Darth Marr and those few of the Dark Council who can look beyond their own petty desires and grievances. With the Isotope-5 recovered from the "destroyed" world of Makeb, the Empire has overhauled its planetary infrastructure, leveraging enough industrial output to bring the war to a stalemate yet again. Both sides, Republic and Empire, are searching for the elusive decisive, final blow that will spell certain victory over the other.

Darth Nox, the Bounty Hunter, the Soldier, the Spy, and the Jedi Champion have all gone. Perhaps busy, perhaps they've vanished, or perhaps they were simply caught up in the maelstrom of turmoil sweeping through the galaxy. Three remain.

Lord Mortiferous, the Emperor’s Wrath. Determined, unshakable, ultimately chosen simply because of those remaining, he is the only one that gets unique dialogue with the Emperor.

Quentine Pelleaon, Quinine Browncoat, The Voidhound. Capable, persistent, scruffy-looking. The Hero the Republic Deserves.

Jedi Master Jolune, the Barsen’thor. Kind, blind, strong of mind. The Hero the Republic Needs.

We’re going to do it. We’re going to finish the work Moon Slayer started.

Let’s Play.

Please, No Spoilers!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Dec 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Table of Contents

Shadows of Revan:
Imperial Attack on Tython: Imperial Update 1 2 3
Republic Raid on Korriban: Republic Update 1 2
Imperial Counterattack at Korriban: Imperial Update 4 5
Republic Liberation of Tython: Republic Update 3 4
Imperial Interlude 1: Imperial Update 6
Manaan: 7 8 9
Imperial Interlude 2: Imperial Update 10
Rakata Prime: Imperial Update 11 12 13
Rishi Part 1: Imperial Update 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Rishi Guests: Inquisitor Interlude Consular Interlude Smuggler Interlude
Rishi Part 2: Update 22 23 24
Yavin IV: Update 25 26 27 28 29 30
Ziost 31 32 33 34 35

Knight of the Fallen Empire
Chapter 1: The Hunt 1 2 3
Chapter 2: Dreams of Empire 4
Chapter 3: Outlander 5 6 7
Chapter 4: The Gravestone 8 9
Chapter 5: From The Grave 10 11
Chapter 6: Asylum 12 13
Chapter 7: Lady of Sorrows 14 15 16
Chapter 8: Taking Flight: 17 18 19
Chapter 9: The Alliance: 20 21
Chapter 10: Anarchy in Paradise: 22 23 24 25 (coming soon)
Chapter 11: Disavowed

The Trooper Continues
Update 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Aug 10, 2017

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Sith Warrior Shadows of Revan Update 1: Oh Yeah, the Jedi Exist

That droid is fabulous. I want one.
Third street = represent!

So, you’re the one the Emperor chose as his Wrath. Well past time we’ve had a proper talk, I should think.
What’s this all about?
You represent the last, most vital piece in my plan to shake the Republic to its very core. I’d say more, but it’s better we speak in person.

:ughh:
Wasn’t the whole point in not telling me anything to keep that a secret from stray ears?
Gotta go, bye!

Click for Video

Darth Arkous.
Yes. A pleasure. In my capacity as Minister of Military Offense, I have repeatedly enjoyed the fruits of your labor.
And this is my most trusted advisor, Lana Beniko.
So much strength I sense in you. After all the trials you’ve endured, to stand here now is quite an achievement.
You see me well. The Force teems within you.
And it always has. I’m fortunate in that regard.
You’ve been invited here to perform an act once thought impossible: an attack on the Jedi Temple of Tython.
Promising leads have been rare ever since Imperial Intelligence was effectively dismantled. However, a source I personally trust has alerted me to a hole in Tython’s planetary defenses.
If we act fast and strike hard, it will absolutely ruin Republic morale. Annihilate it.

While you concern yourself with the assault, Lord Goh will be tasked with keeping the Temple secured.
So long as we have control, we’ll explore the artifacts and histories stored inside. Imagine all we can learn about the Jedi and the Force.

Your shuttle awaits. By the time you reach Tython, our first wave will have established a foothold on the surface. I’ll remain in constant contact through the offensive.
Wait, I haven’t agreed to--drat you. Now if I don’t go all those troops will be wasted.
Succeed in this and together we will have signaled the beginning of the Republic’s most humiliating end. Glory for the Empire!

Lana Beniko here. As expected, the Republic isn’t making our advance to the Jedi Temple easy.
Our initial strike team had hoped to secure the landing area by now, but enemy reinforcements have been hammering us with heavy artillery fire.
There’s an array of sensors out there guiding the attacks. Destroy them and we’ll finally start to make some headway.
Well. C’mon, Quin. Droidy-4. Let’s get this farce on the road.

My word! My Lord, that was Force Lightning! I didn’t realize you could--
Why is it such a surprise to everyone that the Sith Lord is a Sith?

I would be more impressed with Tython’s defenses if I hadn’t already killed a million of these assault droids.
Wait, hold on. I’m going to beat this one with Shadow Ball.

But steel-types are resistant to ghost-types!
I…
honestly did not expect you to get that reference.
Since you never bring me on missions, I have had a lot of time to myself on the ship. My lord.

Is that a Super Scope? Nice!

We can’t make it to the temple until you do away with the shielding that’s keeping our forces confined to the area.
Look for the Republic command platform. That’s where you’ll find the shield controls.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Mar 30, 2016

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
First post, woah, lots of pressure...

Don't blow it...say something useful and relevant...

Um...

...What are Cartel Coins?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Cathode Raymond posted:

...What are Cartel Coins?

In-game currency you buy for real money or get a small allowance of for subscribing to the game.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
I choked didn't I? Dammit!

I'm gonna follow this because I'm curious about how Bioware handled the endgame stories. I played this a little bit as a Sith agent and was impressed with the story but it ultimately felt a little too mmo-ey and I lost track of it.

ReturnOfFable
Oct 9, 2012

No tears, only dreams.
This is the part in the expansions where The Old Republic actually gets really good so I'm excited to see you guys are doing this.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Dang, actually assaulting the Jedi homeworld as a single dude? I would have figured this for a flashpoint.

Paused
Oct 24, 2010
Quinine better avenge the giant space dodecahedron in the Jedi Temple on Jolunes behalf should Mort or his crew cause it any damage.

Glad to see this still trucking on. Do not believe I got around to saying in the last threads, how much I've enjoyed following these runs all these years(!!), so thanks to all the players for them.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Having already made considerable headway through the expansion content, I can't say I envy you PTN. Godspeed.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Glazius posted:

Dang, actually assaulting the Jedi homeworld as a single dude? I would have figured this for a flashpoint.

It is. BioWare added a solo mode to the more plot-relevant flashpoints a while back, so that anyone can easily see the story.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

ReturnOfFable posted:

This is the part in the expansions where The Old Republic actually gets really good so I'm excited to see you guys are doing this.

From a story perspective, maybe (at least until a certain figure is revealed) but these solo flashpoints are such a slog that one is essentially robbed of any enjoyment regardless.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Cross-Section posted:

From a story perspective, maybe (at least until a certain figure is revealed) but these solo flashpoints are such a slog that one is essentially robbed of any enjoyment regardless.

Blood Hunt is a slog. The others are pretty quick. God droid makes them a breeze.

Fumbles
Mar 22, 2013

Can I get a reroll?

Especially with the recent changes to companions that make it so a flashpoint intended to have one scaling super-companion now ends up having two scaling super companions.

The first thread inspired me to give this game a shot and I've been subscribed for over a year now. Bioware, where has all my money gone? :ohdear:

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

I've been a happy follower of this LP megathread since all the way back when I didn't have an account and was foaming at the mouth at being unable to vote what class and race old Moon Slayer was gonna play.

The previous iterations of this thread have made me return to SWTOR countless times. I REGRET NOTHING.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Cythereal posted:

Blood Hunt is a slog. The others are pretty quick. God droid makes them a breeze.

A good group does them considerably faster in my experience. Also, the stupidity of Buddy Droid is an issue sometimes; False Emperor was probably easier to do solo before the damned thing existed.

Mostly I think it feels sloggy because Bioware decided that you shouldn't get stuff for doing them solo, which is just annoying when they're also so very long.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
To be fair, they were (tactical) Flashpoints to begin with. Reworking them for solo play is way too much :effort: for Bioware, easier to give you the Jesus Droid.

kaosdrachen
Aug 15, 2011
When I first played through this I couldn't help but think how utterly typical Sith-like thinking this assault is -- one "masterstroke" that wins everything forever because everyone's morale will be utterly crushed, for sure. Just one single victory to personally win the entire war.

Never mind that the last five zillion attempts at this on whatever scale didn't work out, those were all losers who failed and *my* plan is actually *perfect*.

Fumbles
Mar 22, 2013

Can I get a reroll?

What server has the majority of goons again?

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Jedi covenant but the LPers are on Harbinger

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I wholeheartedly endorse this thread and will be following along, even though I've done this content on at least eight (!) characters.

Siegkrow posted:

I've been a happy follower of this LP megathread since all the way back when I didn't have an account and was foaming at the mouth at being unable to vote what class and race old Moon Slayer was gonna play.

The previous iterations of this thread have made me return to SWTOR countless times. I REGRET NOTHING.

:getin:

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

kaosdrachen posted:

When I first played through this I couldn't help but think how utterly typical Sith-like thinking this assault is -- one "masterstroke" that wins everything forever because everyone's morale will be utterly crushed, for sure. Just one single victory to personally win the entire war.

Never mind that the last five zillion attempts at this on whatever scale didn't work out, those were all losers who failed and *my* plan is actually *perfect*.

To be fair, the backstory does have it that the Republic folded in the last war after the Sith hit the Jedi temple on Coruscant, so there's at least precedent for this working.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I've been appreciative of these threads so I don't have to play the game myself.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Sith Warrior Shadows of Revan Update 2: Jawsome!

I’m going to be mildly upset if you blow up.

Ok, good. Victory air guitar!

My lord, be careful. This next soldier is gigantic.
Must be a Gen’Dai.
Why do you believe that?

Because he’s the size of a house and has 175,000 hitpoints?

Look out, my lord! He has friends!

Not for long!

Alright. That’s enough wasting time on small fry.
Back to the actual fight.

Finally.
Freaking Gen’Dai.

Seriously, just give up.

You’re not going to keep me from the shield controls.

The Moldy Crow’s seen better days.
Oh.
Huh.

An actual Jedi guarding the Jedi Temple.
Is that a first, Quinn?
I… believe it is, my lord.
Well.
I suppose we should--

--introduce ourselves.

Sure would suck if we got attacked by some Street Sharks about now.
You had to go asking for trouble

Just in case you didn’t think they looked stupid enough before.
These are the deluxe models! Half the weight, half the thickness, twice the grimacing!

Jawsome!

So.
They won’t lift a finger to help Republic soldiers, but it’s all-hands-on-deck to protect the courtyard guns, huh?

Typical.

Surrender! Those guns could kill hundreds of Imperial troops, but if you give up you won’t be harmed! I don’t want to kill--

--any of oops. Uh, um. Force Hand Grenade!

That’s not a real Force power.

Isn’t it?

More Jedi.
You sound surprised.
I am. Sort-of. They’re usually so rare, I was expecting a giant battle droid.

Welp. Let’s get this over

Woah. This one’s fast!

Fast and invisible.
Great. :geno:

Droidy 4, do you see--

LifeofaGuardian
Oct 26, 2013

Every part of every human being-even their ugly sides-is beautiful. There is no limit to beauty.

PoptartsNinja posted:

But steel-types are resistant to dark-types!
I…
honestly did not expect you to get that reference.
Since you never bring me on missions, I have had a lot of time to myself on the ship. My lord.

But they aren't anymore since gen 6!
:goonsay:

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Man, I hope all 4 topics can be put on the lp archive someday.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

....Wait, Shadow ball is ghost-type, not dark-type.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Oh hey, the droid designer, isn't that the guy who gave Rand'ayn combat tests way back in the day? Neat if they're actually having you kill the staff who the Republic players interacted with. I wonder how many more of the Jedi PCs' acquaintances are on the chopping block?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Dolash posted:

Oh hey, the droid designer, isn't that the guy who gave Rand'ayn combat tests way back in the day? Neat if they're actually having you kill the staff who the Republic players interacted with. I wonder how many more of the Jedi PCs' acquaintances are on the chopping block?

Is it really a chopping block when there's bacta, or whatever it is that doesn't make every new character hardcore mode?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Dolash posted:

More than we'll just see with Mort. The Assault on Tython flashpoint and one other are mirrored: when Republic players hit Tython, it's the same flashpoint mechanically but all the enemies are an Imperial force that's sacked the temple and occupied it. It makes sense in the story, but I'll leave that for Poptarts.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Sith Warrior Shadows of Revan Update 3: Something Actually Happens

Gah! You dick!
I needed those sparks!
Give me some of yours!

That was not very many sparks.
Can it, Droidy 4!
Replenishing Spark Supply!

He’s turned invisible again, my lord!

Thank you, Quinn. I noticed.
At least he left some toys for us to play with this time.

And now, the mystery waiting game.

Forcibly de-cloaking Jedi.
Wait, you can do that?

A far more respectable number of sparks.

Easy.
No it wasn’t.
Quiet, Captain.

That’s a big D12.

A big, broken D12.
It was like that when I got here!

Look out, my lord!
Oh, poo poo!
It’s a Jedi Party!

Oh well. Looks like I’m still the best at dance-fighting.

We’re in, but we’re not there yet. The jedi Temple Library is heavily secured. You’ll have to find a way to breach the entrance.
A word of warning: Jedi do adore their libraries. I wouldn’t expect to find the room unoccupied, were I you.
Wait.
I’m attacking Jolune’s books! :supaburn:
Who?
Shut up, Quinn.

Huh. Is that art?

Oh well. I’ll just disable the generators and--
We are about to be ambushed.
No poo poo.
Look, sir! Droids!
I hate you both.

If you won’t go willingly, you leave me no choice!
Force push!

I will not tolerate this incursion!

You’ll be punished for your crimes!

He is using the holocrons to heal himself.
Prepare to face judgement!
I get it! Would you please stop breaking Jolune’s books?

The Empire’s audacity is its downfall!
Everyone dodge!

I will not tolerate this incursion!
Great, now he’s repeating himself!
He is healing again.
Sithspit! Sorry, Jolune!

How desperate of the Empire to send you here!

Imperial dogs!

There is… no death…

Click for Video!

They’re not worth the time to kill. Send them out. Let them spread word of the Empire’s victory.
As you wish, my lord.

Aaand the ulterior motives begin to take shape.
The Temple and its mysteries are all ours now. Darth Arkous is indescribably pleased.

Ah-hah-habullshit!
On behalf of Darth Arkous, I thank you. This is a banner day for the Empire. Be proud.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Well drat if it was that easy to take over the Jedi Temple ya'll should have done it ages ago.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Well drat if it was that easy to take over the Jedi Temple ya'll should have done it ages ago.

There's a reason it was so easy.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Are we going to see what Jolune was up to while this was happening?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Yes

I'm not sure how far along they are, but it is coming.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Almost there! Just doing a little editing.

And yeah, sacking the seat of the Jedi seems like kind of a big deal, that'd have serious ramifications down the line on things like their recruitment and training rate.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh, lord, are they looking for an ancient Jedi secret? I'll save you the trouble, chaps: the true power of the Force was inside you all along.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Oh, I'm sure we'll find out what Lord Goh is looking for eventually. No we won't.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Oh poo poo, not the Jedi's secrets! What if they find the ancient tart recipes? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
Maybe he finds the secret of why the order that literally represents the good side in the universe produces so many powerful siths. But that would require that Bioware acknowledges that Kotor2 exists and had far superior writing (yes I'm still bitter) :colbert:

• Locked thread