Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
sex majiks is real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
naw nigga you just work that dick alright

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
ive only dated a woman twice but i always spelt d&d monster names with my tongue seemed to work wonders

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Shaquin posted:

ive only dated a woman twice but i always spelt d&d monster names with my tongue seemed to work wonders

gently caress your lying rear end. You are a leaf and leaves don't work tht way.

MrWillsauce
Mar 19, 2015

if I was a harry potter wizard I'd be Filch, who isn't even a wizard. :negative:

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

I imagine I'd be the kind of wizard who never worked a day again in his life

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Also, the only unlife better than full on lichdom. Don't tread on me I am off exploring the ethereal.

If you understand this second reference you are a huge nerd.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Wicker Man posted:

Upgrade to lich. Zero fat and no sweat glands!

immortality too to boot.

LadyAmbien posted:

I'd be a nature witch. I'd make it sunny around me all the time and banish wind except for when I wanted a breeze, and I'd befriend all the nature animals and make them do my bidding which would sometimes include sneaking into banks and robbing them.

So some kind of druid.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

MrWillsauce posted:

if I was a harry potter wizard I'd be Filch, who isn't even a wizard. :negative:

seems like people like Filch should have learned potion making, or invest in some magic items. half the cool wizard stuff you could just buy at a shop

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Nathilus posted:

Also, the only unlife better than full on lichdom. Don't tread on me I am off exploring the ethereal.

I can respect the ethereal but you cant interact with the corporeal

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Nathilus posted:

If you understand this second reference you are a huge nerd.

demi-lich isn't even a fair fight, only a sadist of a DM would every use that monster

Microwaves Mom posted:

transdimentional metamagic is your friend

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Rutibex posted:

demi-lich isn't even a fair fight, only a sadist of a DM would every use that monster

transdimentional metamagic is your friend

cant you just divine anchor it?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Clearly i'm currently a doublepost wizard

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Rutibex posted:

seems like people like Filch should have learned potion making, or invest in some magic items. half the cool wizard stuff you could just buy at a shop

But he's a squawk or whatever and thus has no way to earn those fat galleons. He's a school janitor and they don't get paid poo poo.

I think making pots requires magic. It doesn't work if you just throw poo poo in as per directions, you gotta mumble and mutter and toil and trouble and presumably stick some mana in that bitch. That's how it is in every other setting at least.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Microwaves Mom posted:

So says you. As I levitate and put your soul in a tooth. Learn dimensional metamagic noob.

Rutibex posted:

Transdimentional metamagic is your friend

EFB.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I'm a Grand Wizard irl, ama

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Nathilus posted:

gently caress your lying rear end. You are a leaf and leaves don't work tht way.

watch me soar

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Shaquin posted:

watch me soar

Are you supposed to say that? I thought you died if you said that.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
i'd be a breton nightblade with the thief birthsign op

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I would use magic to commit serious crimes and not get caught. OP is a loving buzzkill with all this "you can't do that in this absurd power fantasy because it would be illegal", bitch I rob graves to create slaves, do you think I care about the loving law?

MrWillsauce
Mar 19, 2015

if I was a wizard I'd be the president and I'd give everybody free healthcare and a house and food and abolish the military and if congress said boo I'd kill them with a magic missile.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
i would make all the ladies skirts fly off like that Zapped! movie

just kiding i respect women and would never use my wizard powers to undress them or harass them in any way.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I would use magic to commit serious crimes and not get caught. OP is a loving buzzkill with all this "you can't do that in this absurd power fantasy because it would be illegal", bitch I rob graves to create slaves, do you think I care about the loving law?

Necromancy is not illegal anymore.

The dead outnumber the living, and they vote.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Who is gonna call dibs on girl king arthur for a servant? She gotta suck yo dick to replenish mana. But I guess only cuz you are a really lovely wizard?

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Nathilus posted:

Who is gonna call dibs on girl king arthur for a servant? She gotta suck yo dick to replenish mana. But I guess only cuz you are a really lovely wizard?

This is a really weird fantasy. Here, in this magic is real thread.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

I'd probably just cast a spell to make all women (except immediate family) want me and also use it in some subtle way to make money without any effort.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

This is a really weird fantasy. Here, in this magic is real thread.

You misspelled anime.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Nigmaetcetera posted:

And they'd use detect magic and trace to catch you.

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Necromancy is not illegal anymore.

The dead outnumber the living, and they vote.

And we tell em how to vote!

dog buttz posted:

I'd probably just cast a spell to make all women (except immediate family) want me and also use it in some subtle way to make money without any effort.

Magical Boy Toy?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Nathilus posted:

But he's a squawk or whatever and thus has no way to earn those fat galleons. He's a school janitor and they don't get paid poo poo.

I think making pots requires magic. It doesn't work if you just throw poo poo in as per directions, you gotta mumble and mutter and toil and trouble and presumably stick some mana in that bitch. That's how it is in every other setting at least.

My memory of it was that there was just weird magical plants and materials which had to be mixed a certain way. I don't recall a presiding over things with wands and magic infusion, it was just chemistry with imaginary plants. Filch was an idiot to not get in on the magic meth racket.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Microwaves Mom posted:

And we tell em how to vote!

I can't help it if most (all) well-informed and educated skeletons agree with me on many (all) issues.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I'm a Grand Wizard irl, ama

When you bring them purple robes in for dry cleaning, do you just keep the hood out of it and hope no one recognizes what they are?

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

hemophilia posted:

My memory of it was that there was just weird magical plants and materials which had to be mixed a certain way. I don't recall a presiding over things with wands and magic infusion, it was just chemistry with imaginary plants. Filch was an idiot to not get in on the magic meth racket.

Ya it's true nothing is ever said of any incantations or anything but that's how it always works, right?

I just googled and word of god sez that magic is required to make potions. No making extac... Errr I mean luck potions that make you feel super, if you a squab.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Microwaves Mom posted:

And they'd use detect magic and trace to catch you.

You honestly think I wouldn't acquire or develop defenses against that? Me and every other made wizard in the magic mafia would be protected by powerful anti-divination spells, and the omertà code would be enforced by geas, so nobody could snitch on anybody else without disintegrating into an unressurectable powder.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Blood magic also seems pretty awesome. You get the unlimited powwwwwweeeeeeerrrrr without looking like you been through 2 terms as a us president. Sure it's socially unacceptable but if you run into any neighsayers you can just use their blood to power your fell arts. Malcontents don't deserve to live anyway.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Nigmaetcetera posted:

You honestly think I wouldn't acquire or develop defenses against that? Me and every other made wizard in the magic mafia would be protected by powerful anti-divination spells, and the omertà code would be enforced by geas, so nobody could snitch on anybody else without disintegrating into an unressurectable powder.

It works if the current reigning Ultimate Super Wizard is a dark lord.

But times change. Moment you get some unscrupulous-but-fakes-it-for-the-public law-and-order Merlin wanna be, it all goes to hell, and your cartel get busted up to distract everyone from the King's latest sex scandal.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

probably a wizard with a strong focus on biological transmutation and divination

turn yourself into the ideal being, improve/curse others as you desire, avoid trouble like a boss, be only slightly less unkillable than a lich but without driving away the hotties

though there are a lot of cool power sets

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

LGD posted:

probably a wizard with a strong focus on biological transmutation and divination

turn yourself into the ideal being, improve/curse others as you desire, avoid trouble like a boss, be only slightly less unkillable than a lich but without driving away the hotties

You know who else are flesh shapers? Tsimisce. You sick gently caress.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

LGD posted:

Flesh shapers are indeed a respectable kind. I say this as a Necromancer.
I have great respect for what you can do with living tissue, although I prefer to make my constructs of the unliving they never turn out as nicely.

E:
Man you could literally like riddle someone with tumors everywhere.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

WHOOPS I can't stop posting in this thread but I was thinking about it and HP magic would honestly be pretty swell. No making pacts with transdimensional beings, no slaving over rituals and formulae from tomes over the course of decades, no ruinous powers, and no having to learn the true names of poo poo. You just go to class, learn to pronounce some faux-latin, and get the swish and flick correct. BAM you gave someone boils.

Also there is an entire branch of hp magic that is all "you have annoyed me, I am going to give you an std". That owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Nathilus posted:

WHOOPS I can't stop posting in this thread but I was thinking about it and HP magic would honestly be pretty swell. No making pacts with transdimensional beings, no slaving over rituals and formulae from tomes over the course of decades, no ruinous powers, and no having to learn the true names of poo poo. You just go to class, learn to pronounce some faux-latin, and get the swish and flick correct. BAM you gave someone boils.

Also there is an entire branch of hp magic that is all "you have annoyed me, I am going to give you an std". That owns

Yeah but theres also the chance you go insane from it / it backfires and your head blows up.

• Locked thread