Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy
My boyfriend sent these to me last night from a FB group he's part of. He knows I have a marked weakness for pibbles of all shapes and sizes.

I think he said her name is Calliope and SHE LOVES HER DRESS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy

Obligatory Toast posted:

For that price you could probably get twenty black cats. More, if the shelter is running a special.

The shelter I volunteer at is doing a $16 adoption special for March. We also just got 40 cats in from a hoarding situation, with almost all of them being black.

So what I am saying is, I know where you can get a black cat army on a budget.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
The fact that otters are not only weapons cute, but also keep a favorite rock delights me to absolutely no end. :3:

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

The GM of my company has a Golden named Gus. And he brings him to work sometimes. And those are the best days to be at work. I love Goldens. Happiest people ever.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

My Lovely Horse posted:

At the last place I worked my coworkers would put nuts on the windowsill for the squirrels. That summer we all learned that squirrels have a pretty good memory for food sources and have no qualms about tearing your desk apart looking for the nuts if you forget to put them out one day.

Oh they are super good at remembering. There was a nice little woody courtyard in the middle of the dorm I lived in my sophomore year. Always full of squirrels, squirrels that had no issues with people. I gave half a pringle to a squirrel on a railing near my entrance one day and he spent the spring learning my schedule and then demanding a toll from me so I could get in my building.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Raptor1033 posted:

Oh my god that lying down ferret is slaying me.

I am laughing so hard. It's like it's given up, resigned to its bathtime fate.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Busket Posket posted:

Why the sore throat? Is the river Styx that salty? Nah, she's been eating poo poo tons of junebugs. Beetle shells are tough and sharp.

This cat, man. This cat. :3:

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

This catte needs a black bow tie loving STAT.

Maybe a monocle and top hat, too. But definitely the tie.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That's just dumb. It should be a Red bowtie so it stands out against both his white and black fur :colbert:.

Not if he's been invited to a black tie gala event :colbert: :colbert:

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

CJacobs posted:

Yo nubby tail cats own, just thought I would mention. Thanks

I'm joining the 21st century with a smartphone later this week. Prepare for more streamlined nubby cat goodness.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
I love bossy rear end calicoes with all my heart. You're #1 Best Catte, Mitzi.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
The thread will be please to know that I finally caight up to 2012 with a smartphone.

My Instagram will now be full of my own personal cat friends and my shelter cat friends. Feel free to follow!

https://www.instagram.com/geologyst/

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

IMJack posted:

I'm willing to bet most kids who grew up in a house with stairs slid down the stairs in some goofy fashion at least once.

Lawdamercy, my cousins and I are lucky to be alive after all the shenanigans we pulled on the stairs in my Gran's house.

The best thing to use were the kindermats. Old wheelchairs, though, the worst.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
I forgot to take my phone into the shelter when I did my hours today. I promise, dear thread, to not be so remiss in the future.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

JackMann posted:

Meownardo.

More seriously, one of my cats is feeling really bad right now, and I may need to make a decision on Friday. I'm worried for him, and I'm worried about his sister. They've never been apart. Please post pictures of cats being friends.

Henry Cat and Charlotte Cat are bestest friends.

Fuzzy poo poo camera picture of fuzzy cuddles

Box buddies!

Naptime buddies!

CatCat! Like CatDog, just lots more cat.

Sunshine buddies!

Hiding in the closet buddies!

Clean laundry buddies!

Not enough room for two cats up there, but they made it work.

I did catch Henry holding hands with his sister Tabitha, once, though.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

JackMann posted:

Rocky's gone. I held him in my arms as they euthanized him.

Here's an album with all the best pictures I had of him.

:sympathy:

He was an A+ Catte. Thanks for sharing all the pictures of him.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Crossposting from the Butterscotch N Pals thread because I got confused at what cute thread I was in.

Geolicious posted:

We have our very own Butterscotch at the shelter I volunteer at. His name is Sherbert and if I didn't have 3 already, I'd have a Sherbert.

His previous owner passed away and he's so full of love but still very worried about what the shelter is.

We've had to put him on a metabolic diet and he's doing well and has even slimmed down in the few weeks he's been with us.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Chili posted:

I took a break to stretch my legs and check on our other, better behaved friends in the house. When I came back...

What a goonlord.

I just guffawed in a very quiet office.

I apologize for nothing. Butters is everything.

Anoia posted:

omfg

That right there is why I can't safely volunteer at a shelter.

I just look at my budget spreadsheet every time I come home from a shift to remind myself I cannot have anymore.

And I had to look at it hard last night because we have a spunky little girl calico I am IN LOVE with. Her name is Joan. She has never, to my knowledge, invaded Poland.

Geolicious has a new favorite as of 15:16 on Jun 6, 2016

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Keeshhound posted:

I dunno, man; she looks the type.

Like I said, to my knowledge. The volunteers sometimes don't get full dictator histories.

Blackchamber posted:

Wanna measure those ears. They look super long for some reason.

THEY ARE SO GODDAMNED LONG :3:

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Perestroika posted:

Here's a shelter dog psyched out about being adopted: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdcL0QFLDek :unsmith:

I get to see this a lot and it's the best thing.

The phrase "unloved shelter dog" made me super sad. At my shelter we loving love them. We love them so goddamned hard. Cats, too.

I cry every time one goes home. For about a billion reasons.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

LivesInGrey posted:

I believe they recently classified red pandas as mustelids. Go over to PI and read the sticky red panda awareness thread.

I texted my bf as soon as I learned of this with "I KNEW IT I KNEW IT THEY'RE TOO CUTE NOT TO BE!"

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Alter Ego posted:

It really doesn't bother him when you give him hard pets? I've never met a cat that would tolerate having its head petted like that.

Henry Cat looooves hard pets and scritches.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
My Henry is a lot like Elvis. Has to be on me. Has to be talking to me. All of these things must increase in proportion to how important whatever I am doing is. I could never work from home without an office with a door.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Ran up on one of these in the wild once (well, a Mojave Green, which that looks like) I was a mix between amazed at its beauty and needing new underloons.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
OMG Lady Demelza!!! :neckbeard:

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

SlippyFists posted:

Open a gofundme for butters and I'm sure people could help pay for his skin removal.

I don't have much but I'd throw in for Butterscotch: Internet Sensation.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
I had a terrible few months of getting Charlotte and Tabitha to get along. But all it took was that one day of Charlotte going "whatever, your poo poo is dumb and I wanna play" and it was never a problem again.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
I feel like if I watch that toucan long enough, its beak keeps looking faker and faker. IT'S SO MUCH BEAK!

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Went by Cassius Claw in his earlier days.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

I got to pet one of these recently.

It's exactly as plush and wonderful and soft as you think. Probably more. really. It was like memory foam dog.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Thank you for this. My Henry Cat does this and I never had a good name for it except "laying with his drumsticks out".

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Chili posted:

I'm kind of losing my poo poo over this. Don't mind me everyone, just a grown rear end man crying in his office.

Holy gently caress it's a BabbyButters.

I am gone.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Cythereal posted:

Sounds like a typical maine coon both in size and behavior. You may want to look into another when she does pass.

Maine Coons are just the loving best. We had one at my shelter named Blue and he loved to be picked up and carried around. Wasn't fully happy until he was. Your arms would get tired of holding him before he got tired of being held. He went to a great home with a lady who looooooved Maine Coons and he got a new Maine Coon sister. :3:

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Ezekiel_980 posted:

I just got home from a really awful day of work, this made me so cheer right up

I had a rough day, too, and now I am howling.

Bath or no, I bet they are going find glitter on that cat for YEARS. It is the way of the glitter.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

That looks like Smoothie!

https://www.instagram.com/smoothiethecat/?hl=en

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Kruller posted:

I do not watch sports, and certainly not baseball, but this is pretty nice for all the right reasons.

https://twitter.com/MLB/status/780551767503228929

When I realized all the jerseys said Fernandez, the waterworks started. What a lovely gesture of team spirit.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

RareAcumen posted:

We can stick uplifting stuff in here too right?

https://vt.tumblr.com/tumblr_nvm8n91bc51tovmb9.mp4#_=_

drat. I wish I was that "not experienced" with pie.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

cptn_dr posted:

My cat Fozzie suddenly passed away yesterday morning. It was his sixth birthday. I just want everyone to know he was a very good cat, and I miss him very much.

One of the last photos I got of him.

And one of the first.

Sorry, friend :sympathy:

That's a fine looking FluffCatte.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Cross posting from orange catte thread because lookit dis orange catte.

Geolicious posted:

Someone wasn't 100% awake when I told him I had to get off the couch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Midnight Voyager posted:

I HAVE A CAT NOW

You also have another IG follower :d: