Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

The Combine is over, the big free agency money has been spent, and now we find ourselves in the fallow period of endless mock drafts. So let’s throw our own on the pile, shall we? Welcome to the 2016 Goon Draft!

The Rules

Each team will have one poster as its GM, responsible for making the picks. Teams are first come first serve. War rooms are fine, so long as there is a designated spokesperson. The clock on each pick is 24 hours, at which point if the spokesperson has not made a pick I will make one for them. No trades will be allowed, as they just tend to complicate things and last year’s draft ran much more efficiently without them. If you just want to take part and don’t care which team you get, post and I’ll assign you to a team that might not have any other takers.

The Teams

Here’s the first-round draft order:

1. Tennessee Titans Metapod
2. Cleveland Browns Gatts
3. San Diego Chargers Ross Angeles
4. Dallas Cowboys aperion
5. Jacksonville Jaguars TSBX
6. Baltimore Ravens The Puppy Bowl
7. San Francisco 49ers Coldforge
8. Philadelphia Eagles Spiros
9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers wandler20
10.New York Giants Parmesan Basil
11.Chicago Bears incompetent
12.New Orleans Saints Silly Burrito
13.Miami Dolphins Ehud
14.Oakland Raiders MrLogan
15.Los Angeles Rams Darius Likewise
16.Detroit Lions C. Everett Koop
17.Atlanta Falcons Eifert Posting
18.Indianapolis Colts ShakeZula
19.Buffalo Bills fsif
20.New York Jets korrandark
21.Washington Redskins Pron on VHS
22.Houston Texans Intruder
23.Minnesota Vikings Darth Brooks
24.Cincinnati Bengals Atticus Finch
25.Pittsburgh Steelers MY NIGGA D-LINK
26.Seattle Seahawks JIZZ DENOUEMENT
27.Green Bay Packers Abugadu
28.Kansas City Chiefs No Butt Stuff
29.Arizona Cardinals warcrimes
30.Carolina Panthers zimbomonkey
31.Denver Broncos 3 DONG HORSE
N/A: New England Patriots Forever_Peace

Go forth and claim your teams! Ideally we’ll get this thing going before April 1st.

Edit: Here is the spreadsheet tracking all picks by position: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tKhEKkaF9hDtBaRmdzoXjBdjwixuTK7BEB9OCL0sLAY/edit#gid=0

ShakeZula fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Apr 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'll take the Eagles.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Ravens!

They're my favorite team :downs:

VVV You're the one who finally started the thread, seems fair that you get to reap some rewards.

The Puppy Bowl fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Mar 23, 2016

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Also, quick question: Would anyone have a problem with me picking for the Colts? I've done it the last couple of years, but I don't want to overstep in my first run as the sort-of commissioner.

I'll happily give first crack at it to other Colts posters, of course.

Edit: Thanks guys :)

ShakeZula fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Mar 23, 2016

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

The Puppy Bowl posted:

You're the one who finally started the thread, seems fair that you get to reap some rewards.

Since I did Oakland last year I'll give 48 hours for another Raider goon to claim them otherwise I'll gladly draft for the gooniest owner in the NFL.

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Mar 23, 2016

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Bolts yo

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I'll take Seattle Seahawks

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
How many rounds are we doing?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

How many rounds are we doing?

I figured we'd just see how far we get. My hope is that we can get through at least three.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
I'll take Green Bay.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Cincinnati growlcats

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
^^^
lol

I'll take the Bengals again unless someone else wants them.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Browns please

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

i shall take the dolphins with input from my man man Crazy and other Dolphins fans in the war room

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Yeah Bills

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chiefs.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Titans

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

warcrimes posted:

Since I did Oakland last year I'll give 48 hours for another Raider goon to claim them otherwise I'll gladly draft for the gooniest owner in the NFL.

How much do you want to do Oakland? I'm fine with doing the Redskins or a different team if you really want them.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Chili, you want to draft for our doomed franchise this year?

Or Swordman? I don't know of any other Falcons fans in TFF...

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Dolphins!

Oh I forgot my split personality already posted. Carry on!!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I guess I'll take the Texans, I had to take over for them last year anyway when whoever had them vanished

Any other Texans fan who wants them is free to step in and take them instead

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Intruder posted:

I guess I'll take the Texans, I had to take over for them last year anyway when whoever had them vanished

Any other Texans fan who wants them is free to step in and take them instead

Hack on the first or bust

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I want the GM duties of the newly minted Rams.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Panthers please and thank you

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

MrLogan posted:

How much do you want to do Oakland? I'm fine with doing the Redskins or a different team if you really want them.

Go for it, I'll do an unclaimed team at the end or just war room with you if you want

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
I'll also take a team that gets ignored, if there's room. Trust me I'm a very good drafter!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Other Eagles fans, I'm more than willing to listen to input if you guys have any. I personally lean toward Hargreaves but I imagine there are strong arguments for Elliott, Apple or Lee and if you feel a certain way about them, please voice that.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
would love to do the Redskins

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
I will also take a team if you need another player.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I'll do the Bucs again

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
I'll do the Cowboys and see if I can't help them not be complete poo poo. Hell, I'll even keep to Jerry's comment of not drafting a QB in the 1st.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Lions, bitch.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I'll take the Vikings unless another Vikings fan wants to do it. I really don't know the college players that well and would have to do some reading before picking.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Darth Brooks posted:

I'll take the Vikings unless another Vikings fan wants to do it. I really don't know the college players that well and would have to do some reading before picking.

This but for the Broncos. I'd prefer doing this with a War Room though

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

warcrimes posted:

Go for it, I'll do an unclaimed team at the end or just war room with you if you want

Thanks! I'll take the Raiders.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

zimbomonkey posted:

Panthers please and thank you

damnit zimbo.

at least do us right and don't take henry with the first rounder

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

MrLogan posted:

Thanks! I'll take the Raiders.

Hit me up if you want, ive done a fair amount of spergy vidya study.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
I can do the Jags if those who came before me don't want to.

Waroom would work too

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

I want to be Jeff Ireland for the Saints.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

all this talk about war rooms and not a single post of the obligatory image, smh

• Locked thread