Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Am I the only Broncos fan interested in this poo poo? I don't want to let anyone down. I feel so much pressure and we're still like 15 picks away :eng99:

Lol if you're a fan of a team with expectations of a good draft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Metapod posted:

Lol if you're a fan of a team with expectations of a good draft

It's nice to have a talking horse do our drafting

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Am I the only Broncos fan interested in this poo poo? I don't want to let anyone down. I feel so much pressure and we're still like 15 picks away :eng99:

I think the overwhelming consensus that they take Paxton Lynch in the real draft is getting Broncos' fans depressed and they don't want to actually follow the draft.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Did I do the '13 draft or the '14 draft? If I'm on that list, let me know because I bet I said some goofy nonsense?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

MrLogan posted:

I think the overwhelming consensus that they take Paxton Lynch in the real draft is getting Broncos' fans depressed and they don't want to actually follow the draft.

Honestly, I know I'm in the minority but I don't think that's a terrible idea- but only if we can get Kaep because starting Lynch right away is a disaster waiting to happen. But since Kaep isn't actually on the Broncos roster I have to think differently, which means either OT, OG, DE, or DT or or or :psyboom:

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

That's a pretty bold choice, Eifert. If he returns to form then it's obviously worth it though.

I really thought I knew what I was going to do, but I'm surprised at some of the options available to me. The classic need vs. BPA situation.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

ShakeZula posted:

That's a pretty bold choice, Eifert. If he returns to form then it's obviously worth it though.

I was really, really hoping he would fall to the 2nd round.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
If trading down was an option I would have, but he's a need and BPA.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Coldforge posted:

Pretty sure you should discount anything Crazy says about WRs, based on that draft.

Was that Allen? My biggest draft blunder by far was my dislike of him and my love of Patterson and the other WVU receiver.

Jk my biggest draft mistake was my strong love of Mallett

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Here I was thinking the re-tests on his knee on the 31st would be done before it gets to my pick and I'd get to snag him if it's a green light.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

fsif posted:

Okay actually it was really easy to find: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3543453

It was sort of a lovely draft, but if jeffersonlives still posted here, we could blame him for drafting Geno in the first round!

I remember really wanting Jarvis Jones. Funny that Donut got Vacarro, and it turned out to be the reverse in the real draft.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I was upset when the Bills passed on Jimmy Clausen.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

fsif posted:

I was upset when the Bills passed on Jimmy Clausen.

The ultimate shame

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

fsif posted:

Okay actually it was really easy to find: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3543453

It was sort of a lovely draft, but if jeffersonlives still posted here, we could blame him for drafting Geno in the first round!

lol Geno ends up a Jet anyway

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
That is a rad pick. I can tell because I felt queasy thinking about the Bengals with a healthy Smith

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Pick is in. Was tempted to just take the best pass rusher, but ultimately decided to grab an athletic playmaker for a defense that has needed one for years.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
Darron Lee is really good, that was a good pick.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
When the Bengals pick for real I will be pissed if they don't grab one of these linebackers. I would also accept a DT. the Bengals have proven time and time again they can evaluate mid to late round WRs so why waste a first?

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Eifert Posting posted:

When the Bengals pick for real I will be pissed if they don't grab one of these linebackers. I would also accept a DT. the Bengals have proven time and time again they can evaluate mid to late round WRs so why waste a first?

because they might evaluate them and find they like none of them

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

v2vian man posted:

because they might evaluate them and find they like none of them

Look we have had exactly one good linebacker since Takeo Spikes left and he's famously the dumbest player on the field in any game. I needs me another.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
I hope PJ Dawson gets some more playing time this year.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Eifert Posting posted:

Look we have had exactly one good linebacker since Takeo Spikes left and he's famously the dumbest player on the field in any game. I needs me another.

Vincent Rey was pretty alright.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

korrandark posted:

Darron Lee is really good, that was a good pick.

He was way overdrafted, as was Alexander :colbert:

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Added the second round order to the OP of the picks thread.

warcrimes posted:

He was way overdrafted, as was Alexander :colbert:

Hmm, interesting. Counterpoint: You're overdrafted!

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

ShakeZula posted:

Hmm, interesting. Counterpoint: You're overdrafted!

I'll never recover

:negative:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lee is a mid teens prospect.

Honestly this draft is confusing. People are genuinely saying VH3 could be there at 13. I'm
Stunned. He's so far above Apple and Alexander to me. Ramsey is top 3. VH3 is top 10.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Honestly this draft is confusing. People are genuinely saying VH3 could be there at 13. I'm
Stunned. He's so far above Apple and Alexander to me. Ramsey is top 3. VH3 is top 10.

I've seen a few drafts where VH3 drops to the Colts at 18, but that's only if there's a run on QBs and OTs. Alexander generally seems to go top 20, and I've seen Apple fall out of the first round in plenty of mocks.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Eifert Posting posted:

gently caress you Takeo owned

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ross Angeles posted:

Takeo isn't the generational talent linebacker I am referring to as really goddamned dumb. Hint: This one has been in a few playoff games.

God I wanted Takeo to come back to us for his last year or two.

Edit: When I watch Burfict play I think of this song and it's perfect.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Ross Angeles posted:

:agreed:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

ShakeZula posted:

I've seen a few drafts where VH3 drops to the Colts at 18, but that's only if there's a run on QBs and OTs. Alexander generally seems to go top 20, and I've seen Apple fall out of the first round in plenty of mocks.

If Miami passes on VH3 I quit on this front office. He's great at man, he's fantastic at press, he's got the best.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Eifert Posting posted:

Takeo isn't the generational talent linebacker I am referring to as really goddamned dumb. Hint: This one has been in a few playoff games.

God I wanted Takeo to come back to us for his last year or two.

Edit: When I watch Burfict play I think of this song and it's perfect.

you think vontaze burfict is a generational talent hahahahah

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Lee has risen solely based on combine numbers, his production at OSU doesn't match his draft position. He's bad in coverage and is slow to disengage blocks. I hope he gets drafted before 14.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

fsif, am I correct in assuming that's Robert Nkemdiche in your post?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

AAA DOLFAN posted:

If Miami passes on VH3 I quit on this front office. He's great at man, he's fantastic at press, he's got the best.

:agreed:

Seems like they won't though, unless all that interest is 'mind games'

I'd feel as good about us drafting him as I did when Vontae Davis fell to us.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Dammit fsif the Broncos are supposed to draft the defensive guy with character issues

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Dammit fsif the Broncos are supposed to draft the defensive guy with character issues

All the fake weed he can smoke and all the windows he can fall out of in western New York.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

But Denver has real weed!!!!!

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

3 DONG HORSE posted:

But Denver has real weed!!!!!

Then you should have considered not winning the Super Bowl :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
The Steelers are entertaining trade-back offers for pick #25, if any teams are interested in either a 2nd 1st round pick, or want to move up from the back of the 1st.

PM to haggle

• Locked thread